Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Intruder posted:

Airborne command post in case of nuclear war

Which is always airborne, so it's nothing overly special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Which is always airborne, so it's nothing overly special.

Not sure if that makes me feel better, or worse

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

But enough about Dennis Dixon.

:11tea::argh:

That Arizona game is the maddest I’ve ever been because of a sporting event. Ugh.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Incredible. A shitposter for the ages.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

trump was also rambling about an amphibious assault by american troops, which laura "sieg heil" ingram had to correct him on

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Guze posted:

trump was also rambling about an amphibious assault by american troops, which laura "sieg heil" ingram had to correct him on

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Every single US military action post WW2 tells me US military action won't make things better for Ukrainians.

Korea :mad:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh yeah, that turned out great.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Oh yeah, that turned out great.

My mom would probably argue it did.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have also watched Titanic on my vacation and gently caress it, I still love it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just randomly realized something, in the first episode of Frasier he lives in the same condo he does the rest of the series, but neither Daphne nor his father are staying with him yet. So it it's just him in a giant 3 bedroom condo, I know Seattle housing was cheaper in the 90s, but seriously how much does being a radio psychologist pay?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

seiferguy posted:

WATCH JOE START A loving WAR
Are you under the impression that Russia has not already done that or am I being whooshed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fifty Three posted:

Are you under the impression that Russia has not already done that or am I being whooshed

It's a reference to a famous post by monkeu after 9/11

"Watch Bush start a loving war"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

I just randomly realized something, in the first episode of Frasier he lives in the same condo he does the rest of the series, but neither Daphne nor his father are staying with him yet. So it it's just him in a giant 3 bedroom condo, I know Seattle housing was cheaper in the 90s, but seriously how much does being a radio psychologist pay?

Just a cursory google houses in seattle market were averaging below 400k in 2007 so depending on where he lived a condo seems not like Friends apartment insane affordable.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

They're shitposting while getting invaded

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1496716168920547331?s=20&t=cZgm7KFRKHbFIApcq-Wd7g

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

was it monkeu or grover? lmao

Skwirl posted:

same logic by which the Friends cast afforded those apartments I'm guessing.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Intruder posted:

Dammit, I literally just re-read that thread a few weeks ago and still didn't get it. How embarrassing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Just a cursory google houses in seattle market were averaging below 400k in 2007 so depending on where he lived a condo seems not like Friends apartment insane affordable.

Friends at least attempts to explain it by saying it's an illegal sublet of a rent-controlled apartment. Frasier's apartment view doesn't actually exist in Seattle and they never specify a neighborhood so it's impossible to narrow down where it's located, but I have to think anything with a view of the Space Needle costs more than the median house. But also, why did he get a 3 bedroom? I could see a two bedroom since he had a kid (that he saw like 4 times over 11 years), but 3? I mean, I know it's because the plan for the show involved Martin and Daphne living with him and they didn't feel like making a completely separate place for him for the first episode and have a "moving into a bigger place" sub plot, but it's just funny to think about those kind of things to me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

harperdc posted:

Monkeu was such a horrific NBA shitposter

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

harperdc posted:

monkeu was “watch Bush start a loving war”, Grover was the wildly optimistic war predictions

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Grover was the wildly optimistic war predictions

Oh gently caress, wasn't it something like 12 days of fighting, less than 100 dead American soldiers and a couple thousand dead Iraqis?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Friends at least attempts to explain it by saying it's an illegal sublet of a rent-controlled apartment. Frasier's apartment view doesn't actually exist in Seattle and they never specify a neighborhood so it's impossible to narrow down where it's located, but I have to think anything with a view of the Space Needle costs more than the median house. But also, why did he get a 3 bedroom? I could see a two bedroom since he had a kid (that he saw like 4 times over 11 years), but 3? I mean, I know it's because the plan for the show involved Martin and Daphne living with him and they didn't feel like making a completely separate place for him for the first episode and have a "moving into a bigger place" sub plot, but it's just funny to think about those kind of things to me.

West Seattle might have some views across Elliot Bay I can't remember what housing was around them I'm a south sound kid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So many well timed tweets this evening.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1496720169812516868

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

My mom would probably argue it did.
I am genuinely curious about this, if you want to share.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Glumslinger posted:

They were even worse when the Pusha T-Drake beef started a couple years back. I've never seen shitposting that egregious.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

E: lol beaten ^^

The Glumslinger posted:

Effective troll of the rap threads too

TWENTYDRAKETEEN

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Oh gently caress, wasn't it something like 12 days of fighting, less than 100 dead American soldiers and a couple thousand dead Iraqis?

Yeah, but that thread was like mostly those kinds of posts with a few insane leftists posting stuff like 1 million dead american soldiers never breach the walls of Iraq.

It was a great thread and D&D really needs threads like that again.

Sports poster learn humility by failure of their sports teams, Politics posters need to learn the humility of wrong predictions

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fifty Three posted:

I am genuinely curious about this, if you want to share.

Mom was born right after WW2 never knowing her dad as he got executed by some IJA gently caress heads before she was born and grew up in post war/Korean war peasant farming country. Like, no poo poo if the harvest is bad this year we might starve this winter levels of poverty. She doesn't talk a lot about those years as a kid but she has told a couple stories like how she had nightmares about after a trap they dug to catch a stray dog to eat and it ended up burning alive screaming because it didn't die instantly. Bounced around relatives while her mom moved around working but eventually moved to I think Gangnam and found work in the city at a age most of us would think of as abusive child labor. Said things were pretty bad for awhile when she was young, but they got better and then she met my dad and moved to the states and they got married. She watches a lot of Korean broadcast tv and cannot believe how much has changed, and is for sure it wouldn't be prosperous and full of weirdos in K pop groups or making video channels laughing at white people eating Korean spicy food if the Americans hadn't poured money into the country and let the North Koreans and Chinese had take over.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 24, 2022

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Wait so you have (had?) Covid and went out to trivia?
Yeah I had COVID over ten days ago, the night before I tested myself and it came up negative; I did wear a mask for most of it when I wasn't eating

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember Monkeu mostly from being a profilic YCS poster who absolutely hated the PS3.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Freaquency posted:

monkeu was “watch Bush start a loving war”, Grover was the wildly optimistic war predictions

Ah yep there it is, thanks for the memory jogging.

Skwirl posted:

Absolute wonderful absurdity. Bless it.

Manoueverable posted:

They were even worse when the Pusha T-Drake beef started a couple years back. I've never seen shitposting that egregious.

Okay, if they were on Drake’s side in that beef, then that just sums it all up.

Not sure how you can defend when the opponent has the line “YOU ARE HIDING A CHILD” lmao

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

As you hear right wing takes on this invasion, especially from Trump himself, remember that Trump's first impeachment was because he tried to shake down Ukraine by withholding defense money Congress had appropriated unless they manufactured dirt on Biden.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

But remember lots of Very Smart Goons say Biden is worse because...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If Trump was President, I’d give it a 50/50 shot that he would publicly say Putin isn’t doing anything wrong. Dude loved Putin.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

If Trump was President, I’d give it a 50/50 shot that he would publicly say Putin isn’t doing anything wrong. Dude loved Putin.

He's saying that to Fox News now (and it's being parroted by Tucker, hate radio, and other sycophants).

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I thought he was saying it happened because the US election was “stolen”. Is he outright saying Putin is in the right here?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I can't help but wonder if the Hunter Biden storyline was intended not only as a useful foil for the election but for a situation like this where they can now spin stories of the US is only getting involved to cover up the real truth, or Biden is only helping Ukraine because they bribed his son.

I haven't seen those stories yet, too focused on gender still
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1496645647386263553

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Is he outright saying Putin is in the right here?

Yes.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I thought he was saying it happened because the US election was “stolen”. Is he outright saying Putin is in the right here?

That’s been the right wing talking point for a few weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Personally I'm getting monkeu confused with Munkaboo, the poster who was IRL friends with former Jags O-lineman Eugene Monroe. I'm not the only one right?