Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

who else is going to name their character Sheldon Ring and design them t o look like the star of the hit sitcom Big Bang Theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

gaping dragon is back

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

who else is going to name their character Sheldon Ring and design them t o look like the star of the hit sitcom Big Bang Theory

I am not

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Unlucky7 posted:

Okay, I think I may just go with the PS5 version. Just realized it will have HDR which I do not have on my monitor, plus apparently it will get ray tracing at some point?

i have HDR on my monitor but never use it as it seems to make some games run like poo which considering this gaem apparently already runs like poo i wouldn't use it as a buying point.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

shelvin ring

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

shelving pingas

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
the data is on my computer. do it compuiter. what the gently caress

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Help computah

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

I loled. Amazing work.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

elden ring!!!!!!!!

elden ring!!!

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

well i might now

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I wake up and I see that elden ring has dropped from 97 to 96 on opencritic meaning it is no longer the greatest game of all time, wtf

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:five:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Tried not to let myself get too hyped for this

But I failed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

mods plz expedite this fuggin gangtag thx

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

All this hype has put me in a good mood. I think I'll make some cold brew with the Luzianne teabags tonight instead of the Always Save ones. :) Really splurgin' for the ole' ring!

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
did opencritic get ddos'd by the hype train?

nevermind it finally loaded

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

At what point will twitch and namco stop banning people who try to stream this game?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

probably 6pm est

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

what

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

At what point will twitch and namco stop banning people who try to stream this game?

the official streaming embargo for people with review copies is apparently 7am pdt on the 24th (in 8 hours), which is a few hours after it comes out on console in nz (in 4 hours), so one of the two

they were really pretty bad at cracking down on people streaming it earlier, people were regularly streaming for days without getting banned as long as they didn't use the elden ring category

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Six hours come on come onnnnnnnnn

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So have they gotten rid of fall damage entirely? Or is it just in certain scenarios?

Not that it's a huuge deal, but I feel like the sense of vertigo I get from carefully navigating a cliff, knowing that one slip means death was always a kind of important part of Souls.

I get not having it in big open world areas but it's would be a bummer making my way around some ceiling beams in a castle and knowing if I fall nothing happens I think.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i just saw the release time.jpeg version with consoles included.

very rude

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Magitek posted:

Help computah

Stop all the downloading

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Never played a FromSoft game before but gonna give this a try. Anything obvious I should know?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

So have they gotten rid of fall damage entirely? Or is it just in certain scenarios?

Not that it's a huuge deal, but I feel like the sense of vertigo I get from carefully navigating a cliff, knowing that one slip means death was always a kind of important part of Souls.

I get not having it in big open world areas but it's would be a bummer making my way around some ceiling beams in a castle and knowing if I fall nothing happens I think.

Not entirely but it does appear to be suuuuuper minimized unless you're falling off a fuckin moutain or something. It seems to be 'ouch my knees' or 'instant kill', with the latter being fairly obvious even if it lets you fall from some pretty big heights now.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Fall damage is still a thing. I think the tolerances are greater now though due to the increased verticality. And the horse may increase the distance you can fall before taking damage? Not 100% sure about that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Never played a FromSoft game before but gonna give this a try. Anything obvious I should know?

Despite anything you may think or feel, you can do it

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Skippy McPants posted:

most of the enemies are actually really easy once you observe all of their moves

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

If you're getting pissed off you can just piss off and do something else. The devs and reviewers have made it clear that the expanded areas make just leveling past poo poo totally viable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Skippy McPants posted:

Hesitation is defeat.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

hide behind a big shield a lot, it's incredibly safe and that playstyle has been buffed significantly in elden ring

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Elden

Ring

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Much like with hard platformers such as Super Meat Boy, the process of dying, learning, and adjusting how you play is an integral part of the experience. Even seasoned veterans die a shitload when playing these games for the first time. Patience and a willingness to learn is a necessity. With that mindset, you can overcome any challenge the game throws at you. That said, if anything feels truly insurmountable, remember that there will always be other areas to explore. That's true of most From Software games, but it's especially true of Elden Ring.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Don't get greedy.

What I mean is, if you're fighting a boss and he has a sliver of health left don't stop paying attention to his movement and start mashing the attack button. You will die and it's the worst kind of death because you were so close to beating the sonofabitch.

We've all done it though.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god i am so loving horny for this game

WHY isn't it tomorrow yet

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Not being able to go to New Zealand as a PC player is true pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

veni veni veni posted:

it's still around, maybe reduced a bit but it's still as weird & hard to judge as ever where there's times you die from it unexpectedly