Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
T2 just flew by after doing islands. Hit it yesterday evening and I’m already at +11 on everything just from islands and a day of dailies. The next +4 on everything will probably take the rest of the week but islands really are that good for your first character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This has probably been asked before so I apologize, but I hit 50 in tech-ville and seem to have a good amount of questing to go here. If I hop over to Vern would I be able to work on unlocking T1 and honing and stuff, or do I have to finish up here first?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Bussamove posted:

This has probably been asked before so I apologize, but I hit 50 in tech-ville and seem to have a good amount of questing to go here. If I hop over to Vern would I be able to work on unlocking T1 and honing and stuff, or do I have to finish up here first?

Just go to Vern.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lawlicaust posted:

T2 just flew by after doing islands. Hit it yesterday evening and I’m already at +11 on everything just from islands and a day of dailies. The next +4 on everything will probably take the rest of the week but islands really are that good for your first character.

I think it's taken me 5 days to go from 1020 to 1080 once I had finished the islands, even with using Mari's shop as much as I could. I do have a lot of the honing success boosters from a few sources so hopefully getting from +14 to +15 won't be that painful.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whatre the tricks to leveling alts?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

Saving up gold for knowledge transfer :c00l:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Once you hit the next tier on your main, there's a stronghold research that makes upgrading previous-tier gear on your alts cheaper. So if you're close to a new tier, maybe hold off on really pushing your alts up until after that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish bosses who had a tiny safe circle around their feet for AOEs didn't also have collision

Sepah
May 13, 2014
Does anyone happen to know if Rested for Chaos Dungeons/Guardians is shared across your roster or if it is per character?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Sepah posted:

Does anyone happen to know if Rested for Chaos Dungeons/Guardians is shared across your roster or if it is per character?

It's per character, because the rest gauge fills based on unused "runs" for chaos/guardian on that character when the day resets.

Sepah
May 13, 2014

Scoss posted:

It's per character, because the rest gauge fills based on unused "runs" for chaos/guardian on that character when the day resets.

Makes sense, since otherwise you could bank rested from alts to use on your main.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Endorph posted:

Use the two free powerpass. If you want to grind more, knowledge transfer and/or manually level up more alts.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The cosmetic shop is suspiciously lacking for an international gacha of this size. Like I get most of whaling happens in hard locking the gear game, but having more than one skin per class and pets and mounts that aren't all from the nearby birch woods, would not alter the perception of this cash grab as much as the producers think.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
There are tons and tons of skins in the KR version. And it's not like we're on a fixed patch 3 years behind it or something. Like, Sorceress is the second most-recent class in KR, only behind Artist who game out like 2 weeks before the global release. So global is in some weird kinda timewarp where it has some really recent stuff but is missing a lot of classes and cosmetics from the middle.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

The cosmetic shop is suspiciously lacking for an international gacha of this size. Like I get most of whaling happens in hard locking the gear game, but having more than one skin per class and pets and mounts that aren't all from the nearby birch woods, would not alter the perception of this cash grab as much as the producers think.
They're probably going to do regular releases of cosmetics.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For gearing up alts, there's also the tower dungeon. The first time clear gives stuff relevant for the roster overall (engravings, skill potions), but each subsequent clear on an alt gives upgrade materials for equipment honing.

Some guides even recommend doing the first clear on the alt to funnel more materials into your main.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been mokoko seed hunting the last few days and i'm almost completely done with the luterra continent except 3 seeds hidden behind a dungeon wall. A wall that requires you to kill every single slime and bat in the dungeon, all whom are non agressive and wander around. The worst part? They split the dungeon up into two halves with no way of backtracking to the first half if you realized you somehow missed one when you turned the corner to kill something and a bat or slime wandered off. I just wasted an hour doing the entire dungeon twice and somehow still managed to miss some on the way. I'm going to have to do it a third time, and this time i'm triple checking everything before heading off to the second half of the dungeon.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is there a site that lists all the durability for the ships? I've seen plenty with their costs to upgrade and starting resists, but not a single one with durability.

No idea, sorry.

Anyway if you upgrade the basic one to the max, it will be better than the others except in one stat, where each boat excell.

Velveteen posted:

I've been mokoko seed hunting the last few days and i'm almost completely done with the luterra continent except 3 seeds hidden behind a dungeon wall. A wall that requires you to kill every single slime and bat in the dungeon, all whom are non agressive and wander around. The worst part? They split the dungeon up into two halves with no way of backtracking to the first half if you realized you somehow missed one when you turned the corner to kill something and a bat or slime wandered off. I just wasted an hour doing the entire dungeon twice and somehow still managed to miss some on the way. I'm going to have to do it a third time, and this time i'm triple checking everything before heading off to the second half of the dungeon.

I will add this to the list "this lead to madness".

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Velveteen posted:

I was following along with a map collecting all the seeds in each area in my playthrough until I hit that one. Then I realized "wait this is a huge pain in the rear end", actually checked the reward list, saw that there was pretty much nothing important or super desirable, and stopped caring about mokokos entirely.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Hyper Inferno posted:

For gearing up alts, there's also the tower dungeon. The first time clear gives stuff relevant for the roster overall (engravings, skill potions), but each subsequent clear on an alt gives upgrade materials for equipment honing.

Some guides even recommend doing the first clear on the alt to funnel more materials into your main.

I've found dreamgull island to be extremely good also, but it requires you to unlock a song and an emote in order to 100% it

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Khorne posted:

They're probably going to do regular releases of cosmetics.

Dripping them into the store with some teasers and hype will probably lead to a lot more sales than if everything was available from the jump.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Velveteen posted:

If it helps, I'm also a mokoko obsessive and that's EASILY the worst set to get in the whole game.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Lorem ipsum posted:

I've found dreamgull island to be extremely good also, but it requires you to unlock a song and an emote in order to 100% it

Island quests are roster wide and can only be done once. Dreamgull Island gives an absurd amount of materials for a really easy quest, but it can't be done repeatedly on alts.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I was following along with a map collecting all the seeds in each area in my playthrough until I hit that one. Then I realized "wait this is a huge pain in the rear end", actually checked the reward list, saw that there was pretty much nothing important or super desirable, and stopped caring about mokokos entirely.

There are some crews and ship upgrades and skins and masterpieces and stuff. Nothing really necessary like skill point potions or giants hearts. But I find them pretty painless to do (minus this group of 3.) It's also strangely satisfying to see the mokoko counter filled up completely per map. Not to mention every loading screen reminds you of how bad of a job you are at collecting mokoko seeds.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I'd load up the dungeon with a full group of friends and blanket the map tbh.

Also, if you think this is maddening go do Metus Island lol. Whomever hasn't done it yet is going to have a load of fun in front of them.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Props to whatever Smilegate intern that was sat to implement Unreal engine's joystick support into this game so that all of twenty people worldwide could relive playing their favorite LoL characters with an Xbox controller. Rebindable keys are already great for managing the static ability/utility bars your way, but by the virtue of being published on Steam all the inputs are intercepted by its overlay allowing for even greater customization like turbo buttons.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Hyper Inferno posted:

Island quests are roster wide and can only be done once. Dreamgull Island gives an absurd amount of materials for a really easy quest, but it can't be done repeatedly on alts.

Yep, islands are a catch-up mechanic for t1 and t2 materials that didn't originally exist when that tier was endgame, the western version released with these to help us catch up and not go straight from story mode to weeks/months of material grind in t1. The 'correct' way to play these is to use the catch-up mats to push your main to a higher tier so you get access to the research that reduces honing material requirements and fail chance for the previous tier, and then raising up your alts with the daily/weekly materials. Playing alts helps a lot with your roster's power progression in general, you get more daily quest reputations up, more lockouts, more roster level in general. A lot of the power here is in roster-wide unlocks like skillpoints, engravings, runes and cards that come from engaging with the wide variety of content in the game, ilvl is just a small part of it and pushing for max ilvl asap is going to be sucking a lot of fun out of the game.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Velveteen posted:

if it helps, there are a couple after the entrance to the secret area (but before the boss), so you have to go further ahead and then double back

it's not great!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buncha new, helpful tutorials in the loading screen after this update including showing tier progression and what activities to do to get there, fusing gems, etc.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
I’ve done a bunch of islands but I’m still like 10k short on harmony shards for T2. Is there a good way to farm them? I’m saving Tower for the alt gimmick crap.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

idiotsavant posted:

Extremely important note on Beatrice: it takes something like 37k rapport to max out to Trusted. That's not much, but there's a huge snag you hit partway - once you increase her rapport enough she gives you a quest, and you need to complete the quest before you can gain any more rapport with her. Problem is, you need 140 CHA to start the quest which is a loving lot, and its gonna take me a shitload of work to get it now.

You can trick the system, though, because you can level her rapport up to just under the quest level and then give her a stack of legendary items large enough to finish up the rest of her rapport in one go. So numbers example, say she has 37k total rapport and the quest triggers at 9k. Level her rapport up to 7k, give her a 3-stack of 10k legendary items in one go, and you max her rapport without triggering the gnarly condition.

Also works with at least one of the other critical rapport characters, too, I think - maybe the Papunkia girl?

Problem I have is that I have yet to find a website that TELLS you when those breakpoints occur. I have been hoarding all my love bribes in preparation but I don't know when I should be using them.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Also can someone make some of the ratios on cost in this game make any sense at all?

Vendors on an island offering you a potion for 1500 gathering xp (something that takes a total of 10 gathering attempts on archaeology, for example), for the low low price of a thousand+ artifacts.... something you get like 1-11 of per gather

Una's daily task +1 for like 100 purple gems, which is roughly 2 real world dollars.... for a quest to give you 8 leap stones or 1000 silver... why the gently caress

If it was permanent, sure, but no it's literally 'you can do one more daily quest today', which is something you can do 3 times a day, for free, on an alt.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

kliras posted:

I’ve done a bunch of islands but I’m still like 10k short on harmony shards for T2. Is there a good way to farm them? I’m saving Tower for the alt gimmick crap.

Check the welcome challenge rewards, I had totally run out of shards and got like 20k from for one of them. Can't actually remember which one.

Does anyone know if there's a site that lets you list welcome challenge rewards?

Chalks fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 24, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kliras posted:

As soon as you get an alt to ~420ish you should blast through all those stages on your main, you'll get a few shards. Shoulda done it a bit earlier than the edge of T2 though. And of course even with an alt that's just at 380 or 400 you can run the first 15-20 stages or whatever on the alt first and the the main.

They just sent out a chest with like 40k shards divided into two parts in the mail as well iirc, so you can open that if you haven't already. (e: Or maybe it was in the welcome challenges? Or the daily login? gently caress I don't know)

You can get an extra 6k shards weekly from the chaos dungeon exchange npc. Run chaos dungeons with 0 resonance and you'll get some special shop currency which can be traded for mats there with a weekly limit.
Besides that just do 2 chaos dungeons and 3 una tasks that pay out in shards each day.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Annoying how some of the island timers are an hour off from correct, hope that gets fixed soon.

In any case, has this been suggested before?

Lost Ark - I Did it All for the Tooki

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The island timers are correct in the calendar/alarm sidebar and absolutely and completely wrong on the islands descriptions. Basically click on the calendar icon on upper left part of the screen, click on the current date and roll through all events that happen that day until you find the timer for the island you are interested in. Alternatively, the game will notify you by itself like 5/10 minutes before on the alarm sidebar.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Probably dumb question: what are the island timers for? Is it like a dynamic event? Is there anything on the island if you go when there isn’t an event going on?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It depends on the island. Some are "adventure islands" with special events/mechanics or whatever that aren't accessible at all outside the timer. You can only visit one adventure island per day.

Some are pvp islands that don't have the adventure restriction but are still only accessible at certain times, and then everyone fights in a big ffa or whatever.

Some are normal islands that just have timed events on them, like Lullaby island which is always there and has some quests + gathering stuff, but also has a once-every-2-hours co-op quest that you need to get the island token.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Hefty posted:

Probably dumb question: what are the island timers for? Is it like a dynamic event? Is there anything on the island if you go when there isn’t an event going on?

It depends on the island. Some islands only show up during specific times, like Tooki and Alakkir. If you mouse over those they'll list "Admission Times." Others, like Lullaby, are accessible all the time but have events at specific times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hefty posted:

It’s everything from world bosses to making beer to harvesting a giant egg for 15 minutes. They are all very different but most will award you the island token if you’re extremely lucky with the RNG (most will require several attempts before you get that lucky).

Usually the island just isn’t there until the timer is up, and about 5 minutes before it appears there will be a large whirlpool where it’s about to show up. If you’re trying to complete an island with multiple locations and don’t see a whirlpool in the few minutes before appearing then you’re at the wrong location for it.