Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

usa usa usa USA USA TRUMP UDSAU SAU SA uisa usa usa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Star posted:

not sure i'd trust this account. they just posted

followed by quickly deleting it after people said it was from 2014

Yeah I can't find much confirmation of anything they post

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/MatinaStevis/status/1496758467943866374?s=20&t=R0ALE3w7N0bUY-ZqqbqpXQ

oh no my Dolce & Gabbana sales

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

stop posting that loving account you dorks

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

The NeoNazis will be ratlined to cushy jobs in the west while civilians will be massacred with thermobaric weapons like in Chechnya.

"Here's how I would've defeated the Russians if Azov was in charge..."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Star posted:

worlds fastest advance, got there eight years before the war even started

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I pray for all of those who are under threat of Havana syndrome

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Star posted:

can you take your pedantic fact checking to Wikipedia please? this thread is for making up wild bullshit and overreacting to every claim made by one side or the other.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

to be fair this isn't the first time Russian tanks have entered Kharkov with little resistance

That's a fun level in BF1942

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:justpost:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tiler Kiwi posted:

worlds fastest advance, got there eight years before the war even started

time traveling russians attack again

only one option…

Ukrainian prime minister joy ann reid

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

im getting word that russia has obliterated new zealand and it will no longer appear on maps

as long as they got that german fatass named like Kim Internet or whatever

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

China. China is watching everything unfold, to see how the west could react to their supposed invasion of Taiwan in 2027 (in the term of the next Philippine president). IF China decides to push through with their invasion, it would being the entirety of the Asia-Pacific Region at war, and you bet that we will be a part of it. It's crucial that we prepare ourselves on what could happen, because it would be a catastrophe for our people if a foreign power attacks our forces when the South China Sea and the Pacific boils over. We DON'T need a president who will kiss China's rear end and who will stop our Military Modernization Program.

quote:

China is watching this closely. If Russia can get away with this, China may decide to do an invasion to Taiwan. Next, will be the contested islands in the West Philippine Sea.

quote:

the actions of the world here if Russia succeeds without any interference signals that China could invade Taiwan without hindrance too.

Chinese invasion of Taiwan is too close for comfort.

quote:

Duterte is friends with Putin and China. Is the Philippines part of new Axis of Evil now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

How long will it take to capture Kiev? 2 days
Will Zelenskyy be killed? Yes
Total Ukrainian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Ukraine: 3000 dead
Total military casualties Russia.: 15 dead
Will the Ukrainian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Azov Battalion fight to the end? No
Will drone/mud weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Zelenskyy launch attacks on the Slavs? Yes
Will Zelenskyy launch attacks on The Zone? No
-If yes; will The Zone retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Zelenskyy sacrifice Kiev (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Slavs make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Poland do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Zelenskyy burn the mud fields? Yes
How long will Russia be occupying Ukraine? ~15 years
Will the Ukrainian war catalyze increased nazism in Russia?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since Russia doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a neonazi weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the neonazi command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the neonazi bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a cspammer and post for the CIA, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1496755603984822272

russian checkpoints going up in kharkiv

https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1496756475347099649

odessa landing was false report but the ukrainian navy did get hit by naval cruise missiles

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

PawParole posted:

can you take your pedantic fact checking to Wikipedia please? this thread is for making up wild bullshit and overreacting to every claim made by one side or the other.

https://twitter.com/mrgracemugabe/status/1496762299356307462

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've got real bad news for Taiwan if comrade Xi is sitting in his humble accommodations office with pen and paper watching the news and taking notes on how the west did nothing to save ukraine.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

What can I say but, I love Putin, he's "based" and making the libs HELLA mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-raEW_nYcb0

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Seems like just yesterday we were on the UPA page number.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/NewsWire_US/status/1496696569760030726

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

You wouldn't want to eat anything grown in the CEZ, but during a war, an increased risk of getting cancer in 30 years is the least of your concerns.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I have no idea why anyone would fight for chernobyl. Like radioactive dirt is really not valuable for anything, ain't nobody sneaking in to the plant to steal fuel rods or some dumb Tom Clancy bullshit to make dirty bombs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

get out of here, stalker!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Asproigerosis posted:

I've got real bad news for Taiwan if comrade Xi is sitting in his humble accommodations office with pen and paper watching the news and taking notes on how the west did nothing to save ukraine.

Taiwan and the mainland are chill now with their legal fiction that there is one china and they have those goofy rear end travel permits.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Asproigerosis posted:

I have no idea why anyone would fight for chernobyl. Like radioactive dirt is really not valuable for anything, ain't nobody sneaking in to the plant to steal fuel rods or some dumb Tom Clancy bullshit to make dirty bombs

Got to secure future tourism income

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

There's a road that runs through the Exclusion Zone, which would be useful if you're trying to get around something else.

e: it's the P56 highway. goes right across the Pripyat river and around the Dniepr.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Asproigerosis posted:

It's directly between Minsk and Kyiv. And the dirt's not particularly radioactive anymore.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody, except for Zakhaev

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

The mutant deer are putting up a hell of a fight

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Get out of here, STALKER!

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

russian troops are very interested in finding out how many licks does it take to get to the center of the elephants foot.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_podzD4cSA

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

lol the lighting strike again except https://twitter.com/WorldWar3tv/status/1496763559937593349?s=20&t=m0JNtX5KAWo7Tp-zjJgyMQ

Putin Israel China North Korea Trump Biden NATO Russsia WW3 WWII!!!!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

Taiwan and the mainland are chill now with their legal fiction that there is one china and they have those goofy rear end travel permits.

There's also no need to launch a naval invasion that will be more costly and difficult than D-Day when they can just wait it out for another couple of decades.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Maximo Roboto posted:

There's also no need to launch a naval invasion that will be more costly and difficult than D-Day when they can just wait it out for another couple of decades.

tbh the current status quo is goofy and funny enough to continue indefinitely.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

FuzzySlippers posted:

Putin Israel China North Korea Trump Biden NATO Russsia WW3 WWII!!!!

oh we didn't start the fire!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I don't get these people's logic. Are they not supposed to be mad that US is not doing anything? Making the connection that "Drterte bad" in a Ukraine war news?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cnn equivocating bigly over vlads denazifi comment lmfao.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

tbh the current status quo is goofy and funny enough to continue indefinitely.

Yeah it owns and is pretty much completely incomparable to the situation in Eastern Europe. For starters half of Taiwan isn't yearning to be under mainland rule, and the two regions are divided by 80 miles of sea,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

C-SPAM > [Eurasia] Putin Israel China North Korea Trump Biden NATO Russsia WW3 WWII!!!!