Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Maximo Roboto posted:

Yeah it owns and is pretty much completely incomparable to the situation in Eastern Europe. For starters half of Taiwan isn't yearning to be under mainland rule, and the two regions are divided by 80 miles of sea,

You also get those taiwan compatriot cards and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/funtimewf/status/1496692940734824450?t=8JC6hCy72FPB92EVhOzgpA&s=19

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cnn: Ukraine is countering the offensive with dignity

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

C-SPAM > [Eurasia] Putin Israel China North Korea Trump Biden NATO Russsia WW3 WWII!!!!

My favorite Billy Joel song

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/XSovietNews/status/1496763907410731011

Livemap source so it has a good chance of being correct

Putin please, Moldava crushes the will of the people..........

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

That Iron Maiden poster

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nobody there cares about elden ring but they have agreed to making the 10 blocks around GSC a no fire zone

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i still don't think that russia would invade Ukraine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

I don't get these people's logic. Are they not supposed to be mad that US is not doing anything? Making the connection that "Drterte bad" in a Ukraine war news?

it really cannot be overstated how much Sinophobia has increased over the last six years

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Deadly anomalies! Dangerous mutants! Anarchists and bandits! None of them will stop Russia Duty on its triumphant march to save the planet!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/EuropaLeague/status/1496764585042329600?t=-tTfG_GFFKXIVtpV7ZN9WA&s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Looks like livemap just melted from all the new traffic.

e: oop, back up again.

https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1496765796168925184?s=20&t=Tosj0C7Fwmm2lF0UbC3XXA

Welp. I guess if there's nothing in their way there's no point not just taking everything up to the Dnieper. East Ukrainian Russians would probably be grateful for the opportunity not to be in whatever comes out of post-war Kiev.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 09:48 on Feb 24, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DarkEuphoria posted:

The mutant deer are putting up a hell of a fight

lol

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Stereotype posted:

i still don't think that russia would invade Ukraine

Does it count as invasion if they just lob a bunch of missiles from afar

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I can't help but think about the fact that Russia's had over a million covid deaths, the second-worst in the world. I wonder if that's affected Putin's behaviour or his willingness to gamble lives on a geopolitical gain.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

I have no idea why anyone would fight for chernobyl. Like radioactive dirt is really not valuable for anything, ain't nobody sneaking in to the plant to steal fuel rods or some dumb Tom Clancy bullshit to make dirty bombs

It's right in the way if you want to send ground forces towards Kyiv from the Belarussian border to the north (which is the fastest route by far, and the only one which affords access to the west of the Dnieper without needing to cross it)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chamale posted:

I can't help but think about the fact that Russia's had over a million covid deaths, the second-worst in the world. I wonder if that's affected Putin's behaviour or his willingness to gamble lives on a geopolitical gain.

With all the knowledge that everyone has of the opposing forces, it's not a gamble at all. Destroying the Ukrainian military was a sure bet.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
cant believe the united states would do this.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Endman posted:

Deadly anomalies! Dangerous mutants! Anarchists and bandits! None of them will stop Russia Duty on its triumphant march to save the planet!

God drat that game was a buggy shitpile though.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cnn commercials have turned into cpap machines and gold coins. its old guy time

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Look just because I don't know anything about basic ukraine geography doesn't mean I'll stop trying to get people to stay out the zone.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

You also get those taiwan compatriot cards and vice versa.

Yup. The two governments get into a lot of diplomatic dick-waving but don't think there's the sort of animosity between the two populations.

Yeah the PLA is huge and impressive and technologically state-of-the-art. Yeah Taiwan keeps on buying U.S. arms. But idk, with all of the economic development that the PRC has undergone in the past twenty years, and them turning into what the U.S. used to be, do they actually want to pause the gravy train and get into a war? All those upwardly mobile middle classes in the coasts are gonna be annoyed by the disruption to their prosperous lifestyles. Or would it be more like the American invasions of Iraq, something that only the classes who join the armed forces have to worry about? So it becomes China's version of the first Gulf War, a splendid little war?

Either way, seems really dubious for anything like the Azov Battalion or the LPR/DPR guys springing up in a Sino-Taiwanese conflict. People just... probably don't care enough to do all that. It would be a very weird war because both sides are very economically developed and have a lot of well-off people.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1496763694159695873

well there was a radar base

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

streaming services have absolutely killed network tv whenever my grandpa is watching tvs and commercials are on its nothing but healthcare and gold even on popular channels during prime time

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

kazmeyer posted:

God drat that game was a buggy shitpile though.

I think the jank adds to the experience, it just wouldn't feel like Eastern Europe if it wasn't a mess in every way

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ya dude

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

the last channel has fallen. their domination is complete and total. buy zinc supplements

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

streaming services have absolutely killed network tv whenever my grandpa is watching tvs and commercials are on its nothing but healthcare and gold even on popular channels during prime time

sad lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

the last channel has fallen. their dominate is complete and total. buy zinc supplements

i need it for my pr*state (??)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Chamale posted:

His country is circling the shitter, he's getting old, and the succession plan is basically "lol, lmao". Meanwhile, the west has spent the last 30 years firmly and repeatedly signaling that they will never make any real diplomatic concessions, and are dead-set on continuing to isolate and encircle Russia while waiting out it's demographic, industrial, and economic decline.

He probably figures he just needs to secure whatever he can while he can, and maybe if he makes a big enough show of it the west will decide to, someday, take his country seriously (they wont).

Endman
May 18, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVueEr6GnHI

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Maximo Roboto posted:

Yup. The two governments get into a lot of diplomatic dick-waving but don't think there's the sort of animosity between the two populations.

Yeah the PLA is huge and impressive and technologically state-of-the-art. Yeah Taiwan keeps on buying U.S. arms. But idk, with all of the economic development that the PRC has undergone in the past twenty years, and them turning into what the U.S. used to be, do they actually want to pause the gravy train and get into a war? All those upwardly mobile middle classes in the coasts are gonna be annoyed by the disruption to their prosperous lifestyles. Or would it be more like the American invasions of Iraq, something that only the classes who join the armed forces have to worry about? So it becomes China's version of the first Gulf War, a splendid little war?

Either way, seems really dubious for anything like the Azov Battalion or the LPR/DPR guys springing up in a Sino-Taiwanese conflict. People just... probably don't care enough to do all that. It would be a very weird war because both sides are very economically developed and have a lot of well-off people.

Why fix something if it isn't broke?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok cnn had an ad fr nuts.com which is all the poo poo from the old bulk barrels at the store but mail order and a million dollars per bag. im sold. this is honestly incredible. candy and nuts and poo poo. its perfect. thank you cable tv pirate stream

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
why has russa been so aggressive? sanctions now

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

wonder if they literally saw it coming

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
$15/lb for mixed nuts. get the gently caress outa here

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao 15 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
I think it’s now dawning on this thread that Putin has to be stopped. A poster above asked you to contact your representatives regarding refugees. I suggest one better: Ukraine needs immediate and substantial military aid. US and NATO air cover would provide substantial discouragement for the Russians to push any further. If Putin wants to start taking sovereign nations he needs to face a severe penalty.

The Bear needs another lesson from the Eagle.