Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Id rather meme crab turtle over hungry burger, i love crab turtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The card probably wouldn't suffer from "level 7 or lower", I just don't want it to work for BLS or Magician.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
They needed to get the priority stuff out first like "football and helmet with no animations" and "roller skates with no animations."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Played a Prank Kids deck that tried to play through my Maxx C. Twice. Didn't end well for him

Then got my rear end kicked by a Salamangreat deck and only won because the other player timer expired lol

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_YkMAwRCg

I've never been so thoroughly shut out before.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not the least bit surprised that more than half of the video was just a first turn of insurmountable negation setup.

That must have been what, 10+ minutes of just sitting there in real time?

Edit: \/\/\/ - Numerons deserve it.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 23, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I had a similar nope-stravaganza against a Numeron player and it made me feel just a tiny bit dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-XO0sRSqeE

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TaurusOxford posted:

Not the least bit surprised that more than half of the video was just a first turn of insurmountable negation setup.

That must have been what, 10+ minutes of just sitting there in real time?

Edit: \/\/\/ - Numerons deserve it.

I genuinely cannot remember, I was like half asleep during this last night, but I was just there waiting for the chance to do anything for a while.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I lost to a stall deck today, their win condition was Burning Land + Mask of the Accursed. This happened hours ago but I'm still thinking about it.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I managed to take the water XYZ deck I built for the event on my work computer all the way up into Platinum V. I'd take credit for this, but as I got higher up in the rankings, about 80% of my victories came from people blindly running out their best monsters while Stealth Kragen was on the field. I've had multiple immediate surrenders after I popped their Cryston Halquifibrax or other powerful starter or boss monster that doesn't have specific protection against Stealth Kragen's effect.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skios posted:

I managed to take the water XYZ deck I built for the event on my work computer all the way up into Platinum V. I'd take credit for this, but as I got higher up in the rankings, about 80% of my victories came from people blindly running out their best monsters while Stealth Kragen was on the field. I've had multiple immediate surrenders after I popped their Cryston Halquifibrax or other powerful starter or boss monster that doesn't have specific protection against Stealth Kragen's effect.

If you play anything that isnt meta nobody knows what to do, it is hilarious. The number of times ive had people try to destroy great magnus with a board wipe is really quite embarassing

Or even better the people who dont realize it can bypass targeting immunity with its shuffle effect

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 24, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJvzCbJCJ8

what the nuts

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

In fairness the difference between non-targeting and targeting effects is incredibly unintuitive. Why is "target 1 card, banish it" different from "you can banish 1 card"? Because the game says so, gently caress you

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

mandatory lesbian posted:

If you play anything that isnt meta nobody knows what to do, it is hilarious.
This is more so with timelord. People just don’t know how to deal with ultra immune boss or didn’t bother reading a big lv 10 monster with 0/0 stat in attack position.

Some tries to spam their destroy effect on it while other bring out their biggest monster to try out-immune them by attacking it, which is the absolute worse thing to do to a 0/0 monster in Yugioh. :classiclol:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Nyaa posted:

This is more so with timelord. People just don’t know how to deal with ultra immune boss or didn’t bother reading a big lv 10 monster with 0/0 stat in attack position.

Some tries to spam their destroy effect on it while other bring out their biggest monster to try out-immune them by attacking it, which is the absolute worse thing to do to a 0/0 monster in Yugioh. :classiclol:

Meanwhile, me having to face Timelord the other day: Oh, Effect Veiler, that'll do the trick!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FreezingInferno posted:

Meanwhile, me having to face Timelord the other day: Oh, Effect Veiler, that'll do the trick!

Timelords are absolutely in the category of 'extremely easy to beat if you know what the hell you're looking at', but where that last part isn't actually a given. Timelords are weird as hell, were never meta, and actually didn't even appear in the anime in English (their only appearances in 5Ds were after the dub stopped), so they're a perfect storm of ways for people to completely miss them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

In fairness the difference between non-targeting and targeting effects is incredibly unintuitive. Why is "target 1 card, banish it" different from "you can banish 1 card"? Because the game says so, gently caress you

The important part is usually about when you make the decision. If it targets, that gives your opponent a chance to respond based on what you're definitely aiming for, like they can get whatever it is out of the way and the effect will fizzle. Non-targeting means it's definitely hitting *something* if it's not negated, and whatever's in the way when it does is going to eat the effect. It makes perfect sense for mass removal like Mirror Force or cards that pick their own victims like Smashing Ground or Hammer Shot, it just gets weird and unintuitive when we have things that only decide what they hit on resolution, but also let you pick what they hit.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 24, 2022

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

For newer cards it's easy to tell if something targets - it will use the word 'target'. For older cards it can be pretty arbitrary though

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

mandatory lesbian posted:

If you play anything that isnt meta nobody knows what to do, it is hilarious.

Funnily enough, my final match in gold rank was against Traptrix Dogmatika. My opponent opened with a set Monster and two in the back row. I drew a Called by the Grave, so I felt safe running out a Pot of Desires. There was no Ash Blossom so I followed up with Buzzsaw Shark into a Right-Hand Shark from the deck. The Right-Hand Shark ate a Double Trap Hole, so I Special Summoned a Silent Angler from my hand in stead, and made Bahamut Shark. I detached the Angler to summon Toadally Awesome from my Extra Deck... and my opponent activated Nibiru. I pitched a SIlent Sea Nettle from my hand to Negate the Nibiru and set it on my side of the field, and my opponent promptly surrendered.

The match before that was against Dinosaurs, with me going first. I made Stealth Kragen, set Gozen Match and Impermanence and passed the turn. My opponent opened with a Fossil Dig into Souleating Oviraptor, and activated its effect. I chained my set Impermanence, my opponent pitched Miscellaneousaurus, I activated Stealth Kragen in response, targeting the Oviraptor. The chain ended with my opponent pitching a second Miscellaneousaurus, everything resolves, my opponent searches Babycerasaurus... and then promptly surrenders.

Skios fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 24, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kragen Control always trips people up, same way unchained does. At will destroys, even if they target, are still good.

Honestly non-targeting removal is a bit of a necessity in the current game. Targeting protection, and ways to make targeted effects miss, are a bit too common. At least non-targeting non-destruction is (as of yet) not something trivial for most decks.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, I run two copies of Gamaciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju for that. Originally I had picked that one over some copies of a lower rarity one just for thematic reasons, but I've ended up popping them with Stealth Kragen Spawn more than once.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Finally made Play with Monarchs :toot:

Helps when people don't read Majesty's/Vanity's Fiend and scoop when their own cards don't work

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 24, 2022

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Grats! There's no greater feeling than capitalizing on your opponent's inability to read.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The funniest loving thing, IMO, is giving a Timelord player a Kaiju and then not destroying it, so they can't bring out their only monsters, and you have all the time you need to build up a board. Usually at that point, their only out is using their own Kaiju and crashing into it. (Though they can still summon a lord M2 if they manage it, so watch out for that.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 25, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

girl dick energy posted:

The funniest loving thing, IMO, is giving a Timelord player a Kaiju and then not destroying it, so they can't bring out their only monsters, and you have all the time you need to build up a board. Usually at that point, their only out is using their own Kaiju and crashing into it. (Though they can still summon a lord M2 if they manage it, so watch out for that.)

I played a timelor deck that got me down to 200 life points before I got a token on their side of the field that shut them down and I was able to cobble together a board and OTK them

god Timelords are obnoxious

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 25, 2022

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Apparently there's a major exploit that's letting people run 8 card decks and OTK with Exodia because Konami

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat glad they bought back my favourite glitch from Yugioh World Championship 2004

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

i'm the double zeus flex

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'm just curios as to how they got the pots of greed.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, they're cheating. I think pretty much anything is on the table.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Presumably if you're bypassing deck restrictions anyway the world is your oyster

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, ran into that once, saw a bunch of posts about it on the Reddit, and decided to take a break. Hopefully this is dealt with as swiftly as the suicide decks in the XYZ event were.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Pretty sure it will be dealt with fast. I personally dont let stuff like that bother my enjoyment as I think its pretty rare. I reserve my hatred for Zeus cards, which are not rare.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah yeah of course zeus is bad *nervously looks at my own 6 material zeus*

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I would have to craft Zeus to stay competitive too if there's no ban in sight. :hotpickle:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I would have to craft Zeus to stay competitive too if there's no ban in sight. :hotpickle:

Tbf you only need one

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You'll take my prismatic zeus from me over my cold, dead - wait, prismatics basically give you a full refund on crafting them. Never mind, carry on.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cards like Zeus and Accesscode Talker are very blunt tools, but I think they do lead to more actual gameplay since they can break even pretty strong turn 1 boards.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I can agree with Zeus, since it requires you going to battle, so it's not being used to otk that turn and gives the opponent a turn to out it. Accesscode talker is just unfun otk enabling BS that's way too easy to summon for most decks, at least in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zeus isn't the problem. It's being seen as the problem because it's a boss monster of the best deck in the format right now, but Zeus is hardly why Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc is so strong.