Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ted hitler hunter posted:

seems like Europe could use some denazification

Maybe Russia should stop funneling money into nazi organizations everywhere. Sure you'd still find nazis but making it about 100% less of a sweet grift would probably collapse most of the organization. (Not organization as in an organization like in the first sentence, just organization. Man English sucks lmao.)

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 10:48 on Feb 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Maybe Russia should stop funneling money into nazi organizations everywhere. Sure you'd still find nazis but making it about 100% less of a sweet grift would probably collapse most of the organization. (Not organization as in an organization like in the first sentence, just organization. Man English sucks lmao.)

Which nazi orgs are russian backed?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Well, in Finland, all of them. The money comes in through Sweden, IDK why.

Right now all the local Nazis are busy defending Russia's invasion into Ukraine on the Internet, it seems. I WONDER WHY.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Southpaugh posted:

russia backs most far right orgs in europe, it's just good business from their POV

putin wants a destabilized yurop to stop the spread of EU/NATO on his doorstep, what better way of doing that than having a bunch of nation states arguing with each other over who's dumber. seeing how the right's gaining ground anyway, why would they not help speed up the process?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truga posted:

putin wants a destabilized yurop to stop the spread of EU/NATO on his doorstep

NATO's spread is another excuse they use to uhh excuse what they're doing. Whether that was intended from the start or just a bonus, I couldn't say, but I doubt they were stupid enough to think that their policies wouldn't cause the spread of NATO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i mean, yeah, they've been beating that drum since USSR fell apart

you might not agree with the reason, it might even be an entirely fake excuse, but it seems to work just fine for them, seeing how they just invaded ukraine over it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truga posted:

i mean, yeah, they've been beating that drum since USSR fell apart

you might not agree with the reason, it might even be an entirely fake excuse, but it seems to work just fine for them, seeing how they just invaded ukraine over it

They only need the excuse for extremely stupid Twitter "leftists", Pravda, and the history books they think they are going to write (which might happen, who knows who's going to win WWIII). They know no-one else is going to buy it but they don't have to care as long as there's the natural gas.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They only need the excuse for extremely stupid Twitter "leftists", Pravda, and the history books they think they are going to write (which might happen, who knows who's going to win WWIII). They know no-one else is going to buy it but they don't have to care as long as there's the natural gas.

OK, so you're telling me the Russian propaganda industry is obsessed with Twitter leftists?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

genericnick posted:

OK, so you're telling me the Russian propaganda industry is obsessed with Twitter leftists?

Other way around I think. Twitter leftists just gobblin' up the propaganda.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1496859659801661441
seems like EU bankers are twitter leftists too lmao

it's all just classic imperial posturing, US has the monroe doctrine, EU is used by UK/germany/france to force their agenda on weaker eastern/southern states, and russia's reason is they're very scared of NATO in ukraine :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If there was ever any chance of the EU imposing effective sanctions on Russia it would've done so when the war started in 2014 (or whenever it was).

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Putin is also a right-wing politician, so helping right-wing parties makes sense.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the result of a vote in the Dutch parliament on a motion to express unconditional support for Ukranian sovereignty.
See if you can spot our fascist parties:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

Here's the result of a vote in the Dutch parliament on a motion to express unconditional support for Ukranian sovereignty.

party for freedom (not ukrainian though)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish government confirms potential Ukrainian refugees will not be sent to camps in Rwanda.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Then
https://twitter.com/IngridaSimonyte/status/1429022467864018951

Now
https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1497006660614856709

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao slovenian pm got convicted again, this time for 3 months parole, for a tweet from 2016

obviously he's escalating to a higher court again because of course he is, but just lmao

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well, in Finland, all of them. The money comes in through Sweden, IDK why.

Right now all the local Nazis are busy defending Russia's invasion into Ukraine on the Internet, it seems. I WONDER WHY.

Truga posted:

russia backs most far right orgs in europe, it's just good business from their POV

putin wants a destabilized yurop to stop the spread of EU/NATO on his doorstep, what better way of doing that than having a bunch of nation states arguing with each other over who's dumber. seeing how the right's gaining ground anyway, why would they not help speed up the process?

Fair enough, I'm not up on my european nazi organisations.

The EU is going to have to make some changes now that putins taken the gloves off imo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i heard putin is making mutant soldiers in chernobyl c/d?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Carthag Tuek posted:

i heard putin is making mutant soldiers in chernobyl c/d?

it's true

fighting/heavy vehicles disturbed the dust around the zone, causing some dosimeters to go from a few nSv (nothing) to a few uSv (still nothing, but 1000 times more than previous nothing) and people flipped out lmao

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Truga posted:

lmao slovenian pm got convicted again, this time for 3 months parole, for a tweet from 2016

obviously he's escalating to a higher court again because of course he is, but just lmao

what did he say?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Truga posted:

it's true

fighting/heavy vehicles disturbed the dust around the zone, causing some dosimeters to go from a few nSv (nothing) to a few uSv (still nothing, but 1000 times more than previous nothing) and people flipped out lmao

i knew it!! lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

a primate posted:

what did he say?

called a journalist a whore because she gets paid for her articles (you know, how work tends to uh, work), that also happened to be critical of his clique

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

all of them

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Truga posted:

it's true

I saw claims that recent weather in the area would mean no dust would be getting kicked up.

On the other hand, it's possibly that military radios and poo poo might gently caress with the sensors.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

R. Mute posted:

all of them

all political parties are fascist except explicitly fascist political parties

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Carthag Tuek posted:

all political parties are fascist except explicitly fascist political parties

they.are superfascist

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

e: wrong thread

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://twitter.com/HarshaWalia/status/1497232672350818305

quote:

Harsha Walia
@HarshaWalia
Surreal to know Poland is setting up welcome centers for Ukranian refugees. Because Poland is also building high tech wall & detention centers & funding Polish Border Guard to block migration of mostly Yemeni, Egyptian, Syrian, Pakistani, Afghan refugees - as recently as today.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

e: wrong thread

:qq:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

why is there a europe thread when the eurasia thread exists? racism?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

idk that you can call something that is expected "surreal"

this is what i am reduced to. a plain ol' grammar 🆁🆄🆂🆂🅸🅰🅽.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also there's something to be said for legitimately different expectations when the war is literally in your neighbouring country vs half a world away

i don't think anyone's expectin lebanon to take in many ukrainians

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is true

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/VictorPPetrov/status/1497600362626359296

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1497235831391719427

https://twitter.com/stephhegarty/status/1497603013799784449

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

Danish government confirms potential Ukrainian refugees will not be sent to camps in Rwanda.

Also going to be exempted from the rob-them-at-gunpoint law applicable to (offical term) "non-western" refugees that saw heirloom jewelry and as little as €1,185 in cash confiscated from Syrians on arrival. Not wedding rings, though, they had to make a provision for that.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lumpentroll posted:

why is there a europe thread when the eurasia thread exists? racism?

This is the thread for extremely tedious euro poo poo. Too many tulips? This thread. Someone comments on how many bespoke tax havens there are? This thread. Legalizing it, euro style? This thread.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Pretty sure the extremely tedious euro poo poo thread is in D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

the extremely tedious euro poo poo

I thought Ligur was banned?