Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OniPanda posted:

That's uh........not the way to save money. That's the gateway to emptying your wallet

You'll get there eventually so the earlier you take the jump, the more you will enjoy it :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You'll get there eventually so the earlier you take the jump, the more you will enjoy it :getin:

It's this. I didn't jump in immediately, and I while I don't regret it, I would just go straight to modular if I was doin it again. I knew I wanted modular, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the plunge. I did and it's fantastic.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I bought some agar-plates. Gonna see if I can clone a wild Turkey-tail mushroom.

I also got a baggie of mycelium on ebay. Stropharia Aeruginosa. It's not even a magic mushroom or particularly good for eating. It just looks neat.

Don't watch Fantastic Fungi on netflix.. that rabbithole never ends.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Live post you climbing a tree in a thunderstorm when you get around to it OP.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Warbird posted:

Live post you climbing a tree in a thunderstorm when you get around to it OP.

You have to unseat Paul Stamets as the king mycophile before you get to do that. It's like highlander.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I've been meaning to get a pair and found them with a pretty hefty discount:
Glerups in denim

And light trail shoes:

And some weed courtesy of the fine shops in ME, because NJ can't get its drat act together, a loving year after the state voted to allow sales.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Glerups are incredible and I get them as gifts for literally everyone I know who works from home

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

tribbledirigible posted:

Glerups in denim

And light trail shoes:

And some weed courtesy of the fine shops in ME, because NJ can't get its drat act together, a loving year after the state voted to allow sales.

Not sure where you’re located but Green Street Gifts is my delivery weed man and they’re pretty good

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

tribbledirigible posted:

And light trail shoes:

I have those exact shoes, use them mostly for disc golf. At first I thought I wouldn't like the weird "pull tab to tighten laces" gimmick, but I like it now. Super quick and easy to tighten shoes that are a bit loose.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Almost all my daily sneakers have those pull string laces, mainly because I use Salomons a lot. That said I love the system so much I swapped the regular laces on my Adidas Terrex for Salomon ones.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve got some “aftermarket” ones for my gym sneakers and they’re pretty great though they make me look like more of a turbodork than I usually do.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

lament.cfg posted:

Not sure where you’re located but Green Street Gifts is my delivery weed man and they’re pretty good

I'm down by Edison/ Woodbridge enough, I'll check them out. Thanks!

Warbird posted:

I’ve got some “aftermarket” ones for my gym sneakers and they’re pretty great though they make me look like more of a turbodork than I usually do.

Is this not the point?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I got some Glerups for Christmas and they rule.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Climbing cams?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

Climbing cams?

Yep! I'm gonna take a trad class in ~ a month or so and realized that it doesn't make sense to take a class if I don't have the gear to practice with afterwards (I already have a set of used nuts).

:homebrew:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I loved bouldering in college but man I wish the idea of being higher than ten feet off the ground didn’t make my hands start shaking.

Oop there they go.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

Glerups in denim

Where'd you find these? Been waiting for a sale before I pull the trigger.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

I loved bouldering in college but man I wish the idea of being higher than ten feet off the ground didn’t make my hands start shaking.

Oop there they go.

That's a bummer, I have a good friend who feels the same way (scared when even thinking about heights) so I won't try to convince you to just take a few falls

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Where'd you find these? Been waiting for a sale before I pull the trigger.

L.L. Bean factory outlet in Freeport. 30% off.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OH HELL YES
:420:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got mine this week. My first visit to the dispensary was glorious. It’s like an Apple Store for weed.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://youtu.be/MMaYUGA3d04

Man I’m considering it. I don’t need it by a mile, but man.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Warbird posted:

https://youtu.be/MMaYUGA3d04

Man I’m considering it. I don’t need it by a mile, but man.

Well I absolutely want this, but it looks like it's a $3k kit for an $8k machine? And since it's a pinball machine I assume it'll require periodic and expensive maintenance. That's gonna be a no from me but if anyone gets it please post all about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Got mine this week. My first visit to the dispensary was glorious. It’s like an Apple Store for weed.

I've been a couple of times to dispensaries in Mass, and this is true except they're way more helpful than the geniuses at the Apple Store.

Also, I'm always shocked that it smells like weed in there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve been using a second-hand-from-a-friend Mirra for the last decade at home, and it’s not in great shape any longer. I start a new job in a couple of weeks, so it’s time to start a new era of butt comfort.

Went with ergoCentric, a local place, in part because their 12-year warranty includes house calls by technicians. Now to wait a few weeks for it to show up…

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A new receiver (as in 1970s), Telefunken Concertino 3520. You don't seem to find Shortwave reception on newer receivers, just regular AM and FM., This one has longwave (150-260khz), mediumwave (520-1600khz), shortwave (5-16mhz) in addition to FM radio. Man it's sad so much cool radio is shutting down, but I can still tune in stations with my current lovely setup from all over the world. Once I get a proper antenna it'll be a lot better.

And that green backlit panel is just wonderful.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

A new receiver (as in 1970s), Telefunken Concertino 3520. You don't seem to find Shortwave reception on newer receivers, just regular AM and FM., This one has longwave (150-260khz), mediumwave (520-1600khz), shortwave (5-16mhz) in addition to FM radio. Man it's sad so much cool radio is shutting down, but I can still tune in stations with my current lovely setup from all over the world. Once I get a proper antenna it'll be a lot better.

And that green backlit panel is just wonderful.

:yosnice:

god that looks awesome

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad had that exact one when I was a child :haw:

It came from my uncle who was childhood friends with the DJ John Peel, and via this friendship he worked on the Radio Caroline ships when they were actual pirate radio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Caroline and because of this he needed home equipment who could pick up radio from Europe - iirc this set up with the antenna running up the side of the house could pick up USSR stations from the UK on a good day

audiogeeks will be happy to know that when he bought new modern set up it went to a collector friend of his, sticky jam child finger marks and all.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Telefunken is just fun to say, too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad says "he needs the amplifier and record player to complete the set now ha ha ha. But sennheiser speakers :colbert:"

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Found a $230 Jean Paul Luc duck down jacket at a thrift store for $40, so now I can look exactly the same as every single other guy in the city.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Finally got sick of my TV's slow as poo poo native Roku OS and got a new streaming box (stand sold separately).

hosed up toblerone remote and all.

But it does the emulation well so I'm happy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
recent purchase: weed, and it's really nice. :D

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Speaking of weed, I picked up a cheap DynaVap out of curiosity and though I said no more weed related purchases that aren’t weed anymore, I’m thinking about an induction heater for it. It just seems too perfect not to have.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

My wrist hasn't been this grateful since last November.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

JNCO BILOBA posted:

Speaking of weed, I picked up a cheap DynaVap out of curiosity and though I said no more weed related purchases that aren’t weed anymore, I’m thinking about an induction heater for it. It just seems too perfect not to have.

Don't buy their official induction heater, they are trash. You can make one for a quarter of the price in parts and some simple soldering, or I'm sure there are better retail alternatives by now.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Work gives us a stipend for a cell phone, so I bought a Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro with a whole bunch of covers and accessories so I can keep work stuff on my work device, and private stuff on my private device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I just got the same one in December after being exclusively android. It’s real good.