Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Injuryprone posted:

One just closed for $150 on ebay, lmao

Jesus Christ lol. Really hope they eventually sell them online - they did that for the last ones right, or am I misremembering? I already hate how they release so many cool sculpts as exclusives that the average customer won't have access to, but it's even more annoying with a unit that you can't even currently get outside of buying a starter set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Last time they did that was because of the pandemic shutting down all conventions. Now that stuff is more or less running like it should I doubt that's going to happen.
If you're lucky you might be able to find a goon that's going to Adepticon and could grab one for you.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/15/the-new-idoneth-battletome-brings-extra-beefy-leviadons-to-the-battleline/

Battleline turtles in Nautilar, plus a Rend buff rampage for them.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
So I haven't kept up with the thread so I'm out of the loop but... We can't get unit warscrolls as PDF from GW now? I bought the Start Collecing Flesh Eaters Court box for my son, and not all the units in it come with their warscroll (like the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon), and I really don't want to have to buy the Battletome just for a 7 years old who'll move on to something else one month from now.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
just the app now unfortunately.

At least its the part you don't need to pay for?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Der Waffle Mous posted:

just the app now unfortunately.

Motherfuckers.

:filez: it is.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Furism posted:

Motherfuckers.

:filez: it is.

Thankfully Wahapedia does have an AOS 3rd section as well.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Hah, I didn't even notice that happened. They purged all the downloadable pdfs from the store. Talk about a stupid backwards move by a stupid backwards company. Good lord.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

They really want you using your tiny phone with a tiny screen to manage Warhammer stuff instead of your large computer monitor with a nice keyboard and mouse interface. They also stopped selling ebooks of the rules.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

To be fair, the PDFs they sold were never designed or optimized for use with your computer, they wanted you using a phone or tablet and the files they made are displayed improperly on most computer screens.

So, nothing new except now you need a physical book and can’t just buy PDFs which is dumb as hell.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/18/grand-cathay-is-mapped-for-the-first-time-in-warhammer-the-old-world/

GW is graciously giving us another Old World article. Perfect timing considering TWW3 came out yesterday.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the way the map in tw3 is set up in relation to other old hammer maps. Is great bastion geographically at the height of kislev?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the way the map in tw3 is set up in relation to other old hammer maps. Is great bastion geographically at the height of kislev?

Think of it like a polar projection. Even knowing that it's been weird to wrap my head around too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covermeinsunshine posted:

No the map is very warped in all 3 games.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

vs some official maps.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Is there an Order-looking behemoth model which goes for relatively cheap on eBay?

I want to get another proxy terrorgheist for my flesh eater Bretonnians, and for some reason the Isle of Blood Griffon I used for my first has become really expensive since.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/21/the-akhelian-allopex-is-bloodthirstier-than-ever-in-the-new-battletome-idoneth-deepkin

Sharks are getting an upgrade in the new Deepkin tome.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That Bloodthirsty Shiver is a weird, weird way to do a unit upgrade. Three single units of Allopexes (filling your battle-line), and you pick one a round to get extra hits on their bites. I guess the idea is you just have the three sharks to fill battleline requirements, and then add whatever to taste?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They experimented with it already in Nurgle, which has a faction that can do the same with sorcerers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This will teach me to be aware of things outside of my narrow sea elf lane :U

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

MinistryofLard posted:

Is there an Order-looking behemoth model which goes for relatively cheap on eBay?

I want to get another proxy terrorgheist for my flesh eater Bretonnians, and for some reason the Isle of Blood Griffon I used for my first has become really expensive since.

I think of you're keeping it a gw mini the closest thing you'll find is either a freeguild griffin or a cities pheonix, which are both around 60 bucks. I've seen fyreslayers magamdroths loose go for 45.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah if there's anything available in a Start Collecting box that catches your eye you can probably get one for like $20 if you're willing to toss everything else on eBay.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I basically got my Wight King on Skeletal Steed for free that way.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/24/roast-and-devour-your-foes-with-a-whole-army-of-supercharged-magmadroths/

Runsons on magmadroths as battleline? I can dig it

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/24/roast-and-devour-your-foes-with-a-whole-army-of-supercharged-magmadroths

It's not only sharks that are seeing an upgrade but also fire lizards. Including them making a battleline units with one specific Lodge choice.

efb :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I already had a four Droth list for Lofnir. Losing a Mount trait from it to gain battleline on two of the Droths is fine.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
God the rules writing is still caught between trying to be clear and "oh flowery epic story" language. It's like someone who thinks they know what technical writing looks like but also they read too much airport fantasy schlock. Look here goes:

"If, at the end of your shooting phase, you did not make an attack with this unit's Roaring Fyrestream, improve the Rend characteristic of its Roaring Fyrestream by 2. After the next attack made with this unit's Roaring Fyrestream has been resolved, reduce the Rend Characteristic of its Roaring Fyrestream by 2."

If the rules ever try and make me describe some poo poo on the table in flowery language I'm going to ignore it. I can mimic goblin screams and weapon noises just fine by myself cos I play daft games with friends.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
So you have to spend a turn not shooting to do okay shooting? Sounds pretty rough.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GIRL BRAINS posted:

So you have to spend a turn not shooting to do okay shooting? Sounds pretty rough.

Rend -2 isn’t necessary all the time, and since the attack scales to how many models you’re shooting at, you’re basically going to use the save up when you don’t have a large squad in range to shoot at and instead are aiming at a hard target. Losing a single attack for one round isn’t a huge deal there.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Does the Warhammer app allow me to specify my list, as well as the enemy's, and remind me phase by phase what I can do? There are two many things going on I can't keep track, and I think I might just give in.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Mors Rattus posted:

Rend -2 isn’t necessary all the time, and since the attack scales to how many models you’re shooting at, you’re basically going to use the save up when you don’t have a large squad in range to shoot at and instead are aiming at a hard target. Losing a single attack for one round isn’t a huge deal there.

I guess I'm just looking at what's currently being played and how this matches up with the state of the game. It feels like to do any conventional damage to tough targets you either need high rend or mortal wounds, and this is dependent on a) not shooting for a turn and b) shooting at big groups to get those full ten shots, which is made even worse by the low model counts currentlybeing run by most armies. I think if the damage was 2 or 3 I could see the need for a risk/reward mechanic but until I see the rest of the warscroll and rules it feel weak.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Furism posted:

Does the Warhammer app allow me to specify my list, as well as the enemy's, and remind me phase by phase what I can do? There are two many things going on I can't keep track, and I think I might just give in.

Seems like you need AoS Reminders: https://aosreminders.com/

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

The Deleter posted:

God the rules writing is still caught between trying to be clear and "oh flowery epic story" language. It's like someone who thinks they know what technical writing looks like but also they read too much airport fantasy schlock. Look here goes:

"If, at the end of your shooting phase, you did not make an attack with this unit's Roaring Fyrestream, improve the Rend characteristic of its Roaring Fyrestream by 2. After the next attack made with this unit's Roaring Fyrestream has been resolved, reduce the Rend Characteristic of its Roaring Fyrestream by 2."

If the rules ever try and make me describe some poo poo on the table in flowery language I'm going to ignore it. I can mimic goblin screams and weapon noises just fine by myself cos I play daft games with friends.

I've been looking for a full compilation of all the stupid early AOS rules about roleplaying at the table (if you've got a better beard than your opponent... Etc.) for a while but I've never found it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/27/sunday-preview-nautical-aelves-and-fiery-duardin-sweep-the-mortal-realms/

Fire Dorfs and Fish Elf books go up for pre-order next weekend. And the only real model release is a stand alone Magmadroth.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Idoneth dice look just like the Eldar dice... no one will notice if you mix them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojS8Kqao6AM

So going by the video summary, Cursed City also goes up for pre-order next week. But that wasn't mentioned in the article. :v:

And it's made to order for two weeks. Which... is not what I expected. :raise:

Edit:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/27/cursed-city-returns-this-march-made-to-order-for-two-weeks/

Oh, they made a separate article for it.

quote:

Don’t think you’ll be able to grab a copy this March? There’s no need to worry – Cursed City will be receiving a full relaunch later this year, along with some juicy new expansions.
Oh I see.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 27, 2022

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Talas posted:

The Idoneth dice look just like the Eldar dice... no one will notice if you mix them.

They're absolute cowards for not rerunning the completely illegible original ones.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...h-to-hear-them/

Battlesmith rules preview.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/28/coyl-is-coming-to-claim-harrowdeep-and-will-fight-anyone-with-his-borrowed-arm/

And the next Harrowdeep warband is undead of some kind.
Lightning zombies yay?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

There was a rumor talking about exactly this, I think the other warbands they said are Skaven, Witchhunters, and the new Dark Elves. If I recall correctly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Battlesmith’s Rally buff is pretty huge, there’s a real role here for a rezzing engine using them, the new guy and Vulkites, I think.