Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Megabound posted:

Yeah, I caught that version of the episode and it was interesting to hear their off air discussion. If I remember if was Dan calling out Jordan for something he said that Dan took as an attack on him and they just had a healthy discussion about it and got on.

I don't think I even really processed the fact that they'd accidentally released the full unedited audio until that part happened. It was sort of a neat look at their friendship and Dan's willingness to cop to his insecurities. Which feels a little voyeuristic of me, but I spend a lot of time listening to these guys every week and it's nice to know that they have those kinds of conversations behind the scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

Might be a good time to dust off the old episode #28 How Not To Cover Alex Jones

Fill your hand.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Any coverage of Jones other than a point by point takedown of everything he says or him sitting in a deposition chair is bad coverage.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mercury_Storm posted:

Any coverage of Jones other than a point by point takedown of everything he says or him sitting in a deposition chair is bad coverage.

So he can never be covered on mainstream televised news, based on this criteria. The medium doesn’t allow it.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It’s an obvious and yet unexpected and terrifying idea that the higher incidence of death in red states associated with the fact that they aren’t protecting themselves against COVID… is in fact because the vaccines shipped to red states in particular were (effectively) poisoned.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

0konner posted:

So he can never be covered on mainstream televised news, based on this criteria. The medium doesn’t allow it.

Correct.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Spoeank posted:

Correct.

That’s too bad since way more people rely on news channels than will ever encounter remotely objective Alex Jones coverage through podcasts. In my opinion it’s worth trying to tell truths about infowars in mass media.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

But considering the job they've done (looking at you Brian Stelter) its been inept enough to actually leave Jones in a better place.

He needs to be ignored by orgs that can't do the work.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Shageletic posted:

But considering the job they've done (looking at you Brian Stelter) its been inept enough to actually leave Jones in a better place.

He needs to be ignored by orgs that can't do the work.

I don’t know when exactly Stelter first started covering Alex but my impression is he’s been in decline over the past few years. Is there some tangible evidence of cnn reports leading to spikes in brain force sales?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
News channels exist entirely within the environment in which outrage based brands like Infowars evolved. There really isn't any good way for them to cover Jones, and nothing is lost if they ignore him.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They can't help but take him out of context which Jones exploits to make his listeners view the news coverage as unfair. Covering Alex with the proper context only reveals how much worse it actually is than the original story made it seem.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
It was a pretty bad idea to make a guy like Alex (narcissistic serial liars) president too.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
What was it that Icke said? "Know the outcome, find the journey"?

I need that poo poo on a t-shirt.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So between Greg Abbot's announcement about trans kids and this, I imagine Friday's episode is just going to be full of transphobic poo poo from Alex:

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1496595345769320451

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Friday is going to be quite the day.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I donno how anyone can live through this exact poo poo for gay people and then do it again.

I'm starting to think that some people are just bad people.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I know that Dan & Jordan don't post here and I'm yelling this into the void but.... please put Alex on time out for next episode, I don't want to even know what he's going to say about the invasion of Ukraine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, between Ukraine, Putin, MTG, and Abbot, if they stick to the present, Friday's episode will be hell to listen to. It might be one of the episodes I have to take breaks while listening to make it through it.

Even if they do something like go back to the past for Friday, it's only going to be a delaying tactic, there's no way that they can avoid talking about any of that for long

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah this is not the time for a little breaky, sadly. Whatever the episode will be, it’ll be rough.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's funny that for all these guys love the idea of clear sides and obvious good and evil forces, when those choices do show up they're somehow always on the wrong side of them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grondoth posted:

It's funny that for all these guys love the idea of clear sides and obvious good and evil forces, when those choices do show up they're somehow always on the wrong side of them.

Shocked the guy who comes in to the Imperial March and constantly quotes the Emperor and Darth Vader would be on the wrong side of things

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So as a heads up, today's episode is covering the 21st-24th, so it's a present day episode. Just be prepared:

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/652-february-21-24-2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

So as a heads up, today's episode is covering the 21st-24th, so it's a present day episode. Just be prepared:

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/652-february-21-24-2022

It's actually okay, because Alex being Alex ends up contradicting himself even when given the most blatant, easy layups by fate.

Also while listening to it, they mentioned the episode on Bill Cooper and I happened to be cleaning my keyboard, hit the "Play" button (something I've never used before) and my PC started playing that episode :tinfoil:

(It's not weird my media player happened to be cued up on that one, I was searching for it yesterday because of a conversation elsewhere, but still the timing made me check under the desk for George Soros)

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jordan teaching me new things I didn’t know Pat Buchanan blamed 9/11 on gay people I always thought that was Pat Robertson.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex doing crazy mental gymnastics in order to paint Biden as the true villain of Putin invading Ukraine is both expected and disappointing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Froghammer posted:

Alex doing crazy mental gymnastics in order to paint Biden as the true villain of Putin invading Ukraine is both expected and disappointing

The mid-air mental gymnastics as he realizes he just assigned blame to trump and now must stick the Biden landing is exactly hilarious but expected/disappointing.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Loved Jordan's flat "great" when Stone was introduced as the guest.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alex gleefully spouting homophobic talking points to imply that Ukraine is in the wrong...wow, I mean, yeah no poo poo it's Alex but man that's a low blow.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yes this is, perhaps, a very suspicious level of stanning for Russia at this point.

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’m still not a hundred percent that Daria isn’t Alex’s Russian handler. Back in 2015, Alex was invited to do a spot on RT via Skype. What actually happened was that he ended up being debriefed by Russian intelligence agents who set up the RT spot as a pretense. They grilled him on if he was for real or not and then, because they trained to manipulate narcissists, lay into Alex with praise and basically flip him. Alex describes this all in great detail on his show and is too stupid to realize he got flipped into a Russian asset for free. 2015 is the same year that Daria starts at infowars and the bots start pumping Alex’s numbers.

KF #82 for context

So, yeah, maybe a bit tinfoil hatter of me, but I think Daria was doing as she was trained.

Or maybe just makes this a more likely scenario, if only for Alex admitting on air that he'd been in contact with Russian Intelligence (if that wasn't just a lie to try and make himself look cool, that is).

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 25, 2022

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

He has to lean on this "THEY PLAYED US LIKE A drat FIDDLE" narrative or else the alternative is admitting Putin sent thousands off to die for no material reason even assuming total and complete victory, and Alex himself cheered on every step.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If only those Ukrainian animals hadn't kept bringing their backpacks on the subway

https://youtu.be/yrh-1QqvhjA

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If only those Ukrainian animals hadn't kept bringing their backpacks on the subway

Lionel is a "Legal and Media Analyst" now?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Holy poo poo. Lionel! Lionelionellionel! Make of that what you will!

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I just listened to episode 284 in which Lionel inexplicably has good opinions about gender and sexuality. Jordan is completely blindsided by this.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Lionel contains multitudes. Just not carried in a backpack.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cat Puke posted:

I just listened to episode 284 in which Lionel inexplicably has good opinions about gender and sexuality. Jordan is completely blindsided by this.

There's a vein of crank whose whole deal is minor grievances are the end of the world but who never latched onto culture war talking points and end up accidentally becoming progressive because they didn't learn to be reactive

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I feel comfortable in saying that with the 2/25/22 episode, #653, the new patrons are officially having too much fun making Dan read their display names.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Wanderer posted:

I feel comfortable in saying that with the 2/25/22 episode, #653, the new patrons are officially having too much fun making Dan read their display names.

I’m amazed at the generous character limit Patreon provides

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
If you donate there's a custom text comment field they point you to that you can include an alt name for him to read iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I've been putting off listening to the new episodes that have Alex talking about the Russian war.

How lovely are they if, say, you've been reading an unhealthy amount of coverage because your ADHD and anxiety disorder teamed up to make this the only thing you've been able to think about for the last 5 days?

Asking for a friend.

(Unhealthy? Yes. I'm working on it.)