Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've reached the Mirro Shaz shrine in BotW.

Just kill me now

Looked it up on YouTube, first comment was “this temple made me have an argument with my spouse” :laffo:

I’m still trying to get through the sword trials on Master Mode, and idk if I’ll ever pull that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

After beating the rest of the game a few times over, the master trials is what finally made me put the game down. That poo poo was hard.

I gave Children of Morta on pc a spin, since it's been free play all week on Steam. I can't say I love it, but it's been way, way better than I expected it to be. The co-op has been a hoot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im stuck at the master trials on my master mode run too

poo poo is fuckin hard

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've decided to just keep trucking on my vanilla BotW run and keep master mode for my eventual next playthrough. Gonna look at finishing some more village side-quests and taking on the final divine beast this weekend, then spelunking around some more and finishing off shrine quests upgrading some more armor over the next two weekends before taking on Ganon (with what I assume is comically-OP gear at that point) and closing out the game by the end of March. Got about 100 hours in it so far, expecting another 30 hours of fun before I finish it.

Pulled the trigger on Link's Awakening, so that's next in the pipe. I'm assuming it's not going to bridge the gap until the BotW sequel, so I'll probably cram another open world game like Monster Hunter Stories 2 in there...or play my first Pokemon game.

I've been enjoying the hell out of gradually building up Tarrey Town in the "From the ground up" quest. This place feels so much more homey than my actual own home that I'm contemplating moving my travel medallion marker there and just chilling there for my R ´n R.

Quick question IF there's a spoiler-free-ish answer: Are there "new" challenges or things to do/explore after you beat Ganon? I'm assuming the game lets you continue to play after beating him, and with all the innovative poo poo they've crammed into the game thus far, I'm assuming there is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTv_p5hEu0A

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

grabbed this last week on steam and been playing a bunch. A good chill roguelike with fun runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6ld-qD8Ag

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

grabbed this last week on steam and been playing a bunch. A good chill roguelike with fun runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6ld-qD8Ag

That looks really pleasant and relaxing actually, might pick that up if I see it on sale. Another roguelike I've been completely hooked on lately is Dungeon of the Endless. It's like a roguelike/turn based strategy/tower defense hybrid. Sounds weird, but it's really addictive once you get the hang of how it plays. And if you want to you can put together a team with the heavy weapons guy, engineer, flamethrower guy, and medic from Team Fortress 2.

edit: just noticed the Atlanta bbq bro gang tag, loving ace!

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 21, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TW3 owns. I just had the stars align in the right way that I was able to set up a killbox against 2 Tzeentchian armies that were coming in as reinforcements. 769 of mine versus 1740 of theirs, and I lost 138.

Get hosed, Tzeentchian dorks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Anyone else going to buy Elden Ring and do nothing else this weekend?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I waited for reviews to drop just in case there was something hosed about the game, but yeah, bought and pre-loaded, can't wait to get smashed to oblivion for two hours by the tutorial boss.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I am going to enjoy a fantastical world, one where I can customize my equipment, appearance and style. One where I can meet untold monstrosities and ancient champions. One where I can repeatedly run away, refusing to fight.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah my plan is to run past/stealth by everything I can and then get my bud to help me with bosses because I suck at video games. I never got past the first boss in DS 1 or played any other From games*, but the world here looks absolutely marvelous and I hope that the open world is the hook that gets me into the souls-like genre.

*the closest I got was that recent star wars game that was a souls like, and even then I felt constrained by the linear paths

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 24, 2022

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im refusing to let myself buy it until I finish my playthrough of the yakuza series

1 and 2 done, working on 3.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am racing theough Zero Dawn (expansion complete, like 2-3 main quests to go) before Elden Ring comes out. Finished Subnautica last week. Might try to finish Tsushima as well, which I dropped before I last deployed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

replaying earthbound for the billionth time on switch

just got poo and gonna grind and get all the 1 in 128 weapons. really wish switch online had frameskip.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mlmp08 posted:

I am racing theough Zero Dawn (expansion complete, like 2-3 main quests to go) before Elden Ring comes out. Finished Subnautica last week. Might try to finish Tsushima as well, which I dropped before I last deployed.

The first one? Oh man, I loved that game so so much. The gameplay is solid but the story and world building really shined through for me.

Forbidden West seems to be hitting the same notes for me right now as well. I think I'm roughly a quarter into the main story and I'm very smug in that I correctly called who the main antagonists would be in the sequel.

"Oh we also launched a spaceship as a backup "save humanity" plan, but too bad, it blew up" "lol, no it didn't" was my immediate reaction when I saw that story bit in the first game five years ago so glad that seems to be the case in the sequel.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

replaying earthbound for the billionth time on switch

:same:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

The first one? Oh man, I loved that game so so much. The gameplay is solid but the story and world building really shined through for me.

I am lukewarm on it! I really like the story and world building, so that keeps me going. But I think the combat is boring and a slog, and I’m over the climbing sections. I don’t ever die aside cliffs and from a Daemonic Thunderjaw got me a couple times in the expansion, but have sometimes considered lowering difficulty just to make combat be over faster so I can finish the story faster.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm probably an idiot for buying Elden Ring, but whatever, more money than common sense. I just really want to experience a From game without it being spoiled, I didn't mind it too bad on the DS series, but it would be cool to be part of that initial wave of discovery you know?

Right now I'm in the middle of HZD, and I just restarted Uncharted 4, and the new Guild Wars 2 expansion drops on Monday, also New Gran Turismo next week, so I don't know where I'm gonna spend my gaming time, but it's gonna be great!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mlmp08 posted:

I am lukewarm on it! I really like the story and world building, so that keeps me going. But I think the combat is boring and a slog, and I’m over the climbing sections. I don’t ever die aside cliffs and from a Daemonic Thunderjaw got me a couple times in the expansion, but have sometimes considered lowering difficulty just to make combat be over faster so I can finish the story faster.

Yeah the story is what kept me going in that game to be sure. The gameplay is solid enough in that I enjoyed playing it but it wasn't like, world changing gameplay. I did plat the first game though, which is a thing I rarely do so I guess that speaks to something within that game other than the story.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just finished playthroughs of Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro. I've never been more ready to jump into a Souls game.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

TW3 owns. I just had the stars align in the right way that I was able to set up a killbox against 2 Tzeentchian armies that were coming in as reinforcements. 769 of mine versus 1740 of theirs, and I lost 138.

Get hosed, Tzeentchian dorks.

I just finished a Tzeentch campaign, I'm mixed on the settlement battles and don't like the chaos realm stuff at all. I do like all of the factions and their mechanics though but the tech/skill trees need some work. Seems like all of the WH3 factions will get rolled by WH2 factions when the combined map comes out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

mlmp08 posted:

If combat seems like a bit of a slog, you're probably not doing it that well. Check out some youtubes on more optimized ways of murder because you can really ruin just about everything pretty quick of you approach it right

Except for birds. gently caress me the birds.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

not caring here posted:

If combat seems like a bit of a slog, you're probably not doing it that well. Check out some youtubes on more optimized ways of murder because you can really ruin just about everything pretty quick of you approach it right

Except for birds. gently caress me the birds.

The birds are the main slog, even though they are the least dangerous. And those underground rock guys can take a while if they just decide to animated underground for half the fight until you can blow their feet off and stop their digging. The rest go down pretty quick, but I still find it pretty boring. Thunderjaws are a slog if I forget that simply using ropes makes them easy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im hoping botw2 is still coming out this year bc jesus i am ready to play more of it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im hoping botw2 is still coming out this year bc jesus i am ready to play more of it

I'm not expecting it before Q4, and I can absolutely mirror your sentiment

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I would like Warno to be better.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im refusing to let myself buy it until I finish my playthrough of the yakuza series

1 and 2 done, working on 3.

Omfg just play 0 it's the best one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lawn Mowing Simulator turned up on gamepass. I've killed a lot of flowers.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Omfg just play 0 it's the best one.

im holding 0 for when i fuckin need it after slogging through the ps2 era games that arent kiwami'd

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lawn Mowing Simulator turned up on gamepass. I've killed a lot of flowers.

You fool, Magda is going to use you as fertilizer for her flowers when she finds out! She doesn’t care that it’s a different game, she is coming :gonk:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not gonna lie, I downloaded it thinking it would be like Goat Simulator.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Very frustrated that Elden Ring does not recognize my xbox controller and trying to even build a character with mouse/keyboard, it detects rudder pedals and spazzes out the camera.

Some users report that unplugging everything including keyboard works. Other tried that and it still doesn’t work with PC controllers. I’ll maybe give them the weekend to patch it and then get a steam refund if it’s still hosed. I don’t feel like taking apart all my flight sim stuff in the hope that maybe it detects an xbox controller. This is rookie programming poo poo.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Very frustrated that Elden Ring does not recognize my xbox controller and trying to even build a character with mouse/keyboard, it detects rudder pedals and spazzes out the camera.

Some users report that unplugging everything including keyboard works. Other tried that and it still doesn’t work with PC controllers. I’ll maybe give them the weekend to patch it and then get a steam refund if it’s still hosed. I don’t feel like taking apart all my flight sim stuff in the hope that maybe it detects an xbox controller. This is rookie programming poo poo.

I'm playing using KB+M. after you figure out what goddamn keys correspond to menu controller actions, it works well

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

you might have good luck launching in steam big picture mode tbh. I play with a DS4 mainly and it solves *most* issues I have using it with games not necessarily supporting it.

Launch big picture mode
Go to Settings with your controller selected
Make sure Xbox config support selected
Go to Library, Elden Ring, Manage Game
Then Controller Configuration
Browse Configs- Check the community ones for anything that people are voting for or has community playtime, otherwise select the normal one from
the list

Big picture mode gets a lot of poo poo online and people refuse to use it, but I use it a ton with my setup and found that it works pretty ok this way without messing with custom setups for my arcade cab or requiring third party software outside of steam

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you might have good luck launching in steam big picture mode tbh. I play with a DS4 mainly and it solves *most* issues I have using it with games not necessarily supporting it.

Launch big picture mode
Go to Settings with your controller selected
Make sure Xbox config support selected
Go to Library, Elden Ring, Manage Game
Then Controller Configuration
Browse Configs- Check the community ones for anything that people are voting for or has community playtime, otherwise select the normal one from
the list

Big picture mode gets a lot of poo poo online and people refuse to use it, but I use it a ton with my setup and found that it works pretty ok this way without messing with custom setups for my arcade cab or requiring third party software outside of steam

Thanks. It didn’t work, but I’ll keep it in mind if they patch.

What did work:
Did all of the above. (Same bad results)
Turned off PC, unplugged all peripheral controllers except xbox controller, mouse, and keyboard. Now it detects the xbox controller.

Annoying but at least I have my desk deliberately set up to give easy access to rear ports.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm having a loving blast playing Elden Ring, I love the atmosphere/aesthetic, it's hauntingly beautiful and it doesn't take long to realize things are really not going too well in the Lands Between.

I beat the the first major boss, Margit the fell omen, on the first try. Guess playing DS 3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro in the past 2 months really helped prepare me for Elden Ring.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Lol, I got kicked from the discord so if anyone wants to play some Hell Let Loose or something add me.

Steam: JokersGamble
Discord: Jokers Gamble#6923

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Mustang posted:

I'm having a loving blast playing Elden Ring, I love the atmosphere/aesthetic, it's hauntingly beautiful and it doesn't take long to realize things are really not going too well in the Lands Between.

I've mentioned this in a couple other threads, but Elden Ring gives me the same feeling I had exploring Vvardenfell in Morrowind or Hellfire Peninsula in Burning Crusade: danger around every corner, desperate fights, a hardscrabble struggle for survival against things that can absolutely mulch you. I couldn't get into Dark Souls, but I'm poopsocking the gently caress out of Elden Ring.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 26, 2022

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am like 1 hour in and have died 20 times. Things are getting better now that I am starting to get the combat flow a bit more. Just an astrologer stomping around in greaves I ganked off of some skeleton man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
does anyone remember blast corps on n64? good times