Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shut the gently caress up about vtubers, all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Welp, today hasn't been a complete waste. I learned what lappeh is.

uh, persian peas?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What the poo poo is a rushia

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Shortest Path posted:

What the poo poo is a rushia

Russia (Russian: Россия, tr. Rossiya, pronounced [rɐˈsʲijə]), or the Russian Federation,[b] is a transcontinental country spanning Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. It is the largest country in the world, covering over 17,125,191 square kilometres (6,612,073 sq mi), and encompassing one-eighth of Earth's inhabitable landmass. Russia extends across eleven time zones and borders sixteen sovereign nations, the most of any country in the world.[c] It is the ninth-most populous country and the most populous country in Europe, with a population of 145.5 million. Moscow, the capital, is the largest city entirely within Europe, while Saint Petersburg is the country's second-largest city and its cultural centre.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hizke posted:

Leave me be fyoad freaks. Can't you see I'm in pain? Rushia... Is gone. There's nothing I can do. I bet I won't even play Elden Ring when it launches today on PC at 6:00 PM EST I'm so beset by my woe.

*unsheathes my dual katana+wakizashi* Boring troll... Disappear. Secret technique, fivefold lotus slash!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
can I play Elden Ring offline or is it an online/multiplayer thing?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

You can play it entirely solo. the online stuff is for like getting help for bosses and stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
And you don't even need it for that. There are a lot of summons you can find in the world.

Like with Souls, the hint system is a lot of fun though. I'd recommend online just for that if you can.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You can play it entirely solo. the online stuff is for like getting help for bosses and stuff.

Imagine needing help. You may as well not play it. Play a good game instead.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Madden 22

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

Does it matter? Whether Elden Ring provides an offline experience? Does anything right now? Without Rushia, it's hard to find hope or joy in anything. To answer your question, yes, it can be played offline. But to what end? I can no longer send daily akasupas to the cutest necromancer in gen 3. I mean, I'll still send them to Pekora, Marine, Danchou and Flare. Obviously. It's just not going to be the same. I will more than likely play Elden Ring online, but I doubt I'll enjoy it knowing Rushia is gone.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hizke posted:

Does it matter? Whether Elden Ring provides and offline experience? Does anything right now? Without Rushia, it's hard to find hope or joy in anything. To answer your question, yes, it can be played offline. But to what end? I can no longer send daily akasupas to the cutest necromancer in gen 3. I mean, I'll still send them to Pekora, Marine, Danchou and Flare. Obviously. It's just not going to be the same. I will more than likely play Elden Ring online, but I doubt I'll enjoy it knowing Rushia is gone.

Hizke knows too much about gen 3. These posts are sincere imo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
nice, all I had seen was people talking about servers and connecting and also I played some other games offline like Conan Exiles and Monster Hunter solo/offline and the balance kinda sucked so I was afraid it was the kind of thing where you *can* play offline but it wasn't really intended for it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I will not be playing Elden Ring, but I hope it is a good experience for everyone who has been looking forward to it. G*d bless.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hizke posted:

Does it matter? Whether Elden Ring provides an offline experience? Does anything right now? Without Rushia, it's hard to find hope or joy in anything. To answer your question, yes, it can be played offline. But to what end? I can no longer send daily akasupas to the cutest necromancer in gen 3. I mean, I'll still send them to Pekora, Marine, Danchou and Flare. Obviously. It's just not going to be the same. I will more than likely play Elden Ring online, but I doubt I'll enjoy it knowing Rushia is gone.

I don't know what any of this means OP

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/MangaPlusENG/status/1496867917077655552

the funny squid manga is on manga+ now (though fr it's a pretty harsh bullying story from the outset)

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 24, 2022

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

A Bystander posted:

I will not be playing Elden Ring, but I hope it is a good experience for everyone who has been looking forward to it. G*d bless.

Same. Hope it lives up to the hype for those interested.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hizke posted:

Rushia's gone. Rushia is.. Gone. Nothing will bring her back. I've been through every hell hole I could find for some small source of succor, languishing finally in the Senran Kagura peach beach splash pc ranked discord, which btw is fairly freaking active tbqh-- I had an epiphany. RUSHIA would want me to play Elden Ring today. She wouldn't want me to be sad. So I will live on. I will play Elden Ring at 6:00 PM EST for a few hours before the Peach Beach ranked tourney. These wounds in my heart are deep and painful, but this is something I have to do. For Rushia. For.. For me.

lmfao

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

marumaru posted:

uh, persian peas?
Yeah, I had no idea about them until today.

There's a guy who runs a very successful local restaurant (even in a town of only ~2500 people), who fled to Denmark from Iran when he was a child - I'll have to ask if he has some dishes with it, because it seems like there's a lot of delicious food that uses it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Elden Ring's getting some ridiculously enthusiastic reviews from what I've seen, so I expect it'll mostly live up to the hype, though I'm sure some people are expecting a near-religious experience and I doubt it'll be that good. Seems like it'll be the best game to come out in a genre that's been regularly churning up very fun, if challenging, games. I'll definitely be shocked if it doesn't do huge sales, particularly since it's coming out on PC and not being limited by the console shortages.

I was sorely tempted to throw some money at a walmart subscription I don't want just to have a very slight chance of picking up a PS5 to play Elden Ring and other games, but then I looked at my bank account and realized that while I can justify a console purchase, I can't really justify picking up the pricey games for that console. I pretty much plan to hold out until the next FF7 remake game comes out, and by then hopefully I'll be able to throw my wallet at a shop and get a PS5 without as much difficulty, while also nabbing some quality games at cheaper prices.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The worse I'm hearing is that there's some bad performance problems with the PC version according to some of the reviewers and streamers.

The game itself is great but allegedly has performance problems even on a 3080.

Edit: \/ Sekiro seems to have been the sole exception? I didn't play it but there were a lot less complaints.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

there has never been a fromsoft game that runs well

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Motto posted:

though fr it's a pretty harsh bullying story from the outset

bullying in a nagatoro kind of way, or

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

marumaru posted:

bullying in a nagatoro kind of way, or

Bullying as in physical and emotional abuse leading to the main girl hanging herself

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

Bullying as in physical and emotional abuse leading to the main girl hanging herself

i accidentally hovered over the spoiler

marumaru
May 20, 2013

sounds like the punpun experience
"im gonna read this manga and ill feel like poo poo, but at least i'll be miserable because i chose to!"
might actually check out a couple chapters

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sekiro ran great for me, which makes sense because it’s the best From game

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shut the gently caress up about vtubers, all.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Erg posted:

sorry to bother you in your moment of sorrow op but what is the U in FYUAD

Übermensch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

skipping elden ring as there is simply not enough time for it before Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin comes out

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't post here.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Tales of Woe posted:

skipping elden ring as there is simply not enough time for it before Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin comes out

how do you feel about chaos

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Don't post here.

Or what?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Elden Ring

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013