Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if there is still fighting at the airport is the AN-225 safe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe Germany should stop burning coal

nuclear is dangerous!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

jfc, anybody who has any sympathy for Ukraine should be doing as much to distinguish between the defense of Ukraine and Azov as they can, what a loving stupid policy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

until we receive new information it remains in a quantum superposition of safe and not safe

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Atrocious Joe posted:

I think they already posted that it was destroyed in fighting

edit: but also that those tweets were fake? no idea

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that was before they issued a correction

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

but then they un-posted it.

Truly a Schrodinger's Plane sorta situation.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is there going to be a new Cyborg movie about the battle for Kyiv airport

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
goon project to secure the AN-225

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

until we receive new information it remains in a quantum superposition of safe and not safe

schrodinger's blyat

edit kinda beaten lol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nancy needs to get out there kneeling again wearing a vyshyvanka sharing with everyone her favorite pierogi recipes!!!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Al-Saqr posted:

hmm this would be big if true, is gostomil a different airport from Hostomil? i heard both airports were taken

but I would need to see video evidence, there’s been a lot of cope posting by people cheering for the ukranians

The letter Г is pronounced H in Ukrainian and G in Russian.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/SecPerkinsStan/status/1495870526841139200?s=20&t=mwX7V7wE7lvfNPVWQ6ujrA

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Chillgamesh posted:

even if the russian paras got kicked out of an airport didn't ukraine divert a huge chunk of their military to recapturing it while the bulk of the invading russian military forces are cruising across the border

para assaults are like hasty assaults in the medieval era, unlikely to work but worth a shot anyway

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1496934836174532613

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Better version, more pure

Save this for next month's Trump thread.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Russia should join the EU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

para assaults are like hasty assaults in the medieval era, unlikely to work but worth a shot anyway

yeah, if it works then it's gg and you look really cool. if it doesn't, you look dumb but as long as you have the forces to take the objective the slow way it doesn't matter in the end.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

seems fine op

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe Germany should stop burning coal

didn't Germany dismantle a bunch of nuclear plants like 8 years ago or something lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PawParole posted:

Russia should join the EU

they should ask to join nato again lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nixing nuclear power lookin like a bad idea here

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

is there going to be a new Cyborg movie about the battle for Kyiv airport

Warner Bros hires back Joss Whedon just to stand outside of the camera shot and shout racist things at Ray Fisher, just because they're dicks.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1496922525632282627?s=20&t=CAnLGQFoS6eH9JOmX9kQ_g

Labour falls in line

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

didn't Germany dismantle a bunch of nuclear plants like 8 years ago or something lol

When fukushima happened the libs went into a panic about the dangers of nuclear energy. When none of their plants were near an ocean and they arent on any fault lines.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Looks like everyone involved is sticking to the roads and highways and taking losses to do so. Maybe there was something in the strategic mud issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/t0f00x/the_aftermath_of_the_battle_near_kharkiv/

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1496912712726679554?s=21

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Majorian posted:

Warner Bros hires back Joss Whedon just to stand outside of the camera shot and shout racist things at Ray Fisher, just because they're dicks.

wrong cyborg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborgs:_Heroes_Never_Die

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yes.

It was one of the best and safest nuclear grids in the world too. Germany's nuclear was the envy of the world for how safe and effective it was.

Then they shut them all down and paid Poland to burn more coal to compensate.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ArmZ posted:

nixing nuclear power lookin like a bad idea here

all green parties are anti-nuclear psyops

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

CaptainACAB posted:

Yes.

It was one of the best and safest nuclear grids in the world too. Germany's nuclear was the envy of the world for how safe and effective it was.

Then they shut them all down and paid Poland to burn more coal to compensate.

why tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Last night it seemed like Ukraine was already defeated, now it seems like they're putting up some good resistance. Mariupol seems like the place to pay attention to right now.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Nuclear scary and oil economy baby

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

because they're idiots

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

In great empires the people who live in the capital, and in the provinces remote from the scene of action, feel, many of them scarce any inconveniency from the war; but enjoy, at their ease, the amusement of reading in the newspapers the exploits of their own fleets and armies. To them this amusement compensates the small difference between the taxes which they pay on account of the war, and those which they had been accustomed to pay in time of peace. They are commonly dissatisfied with the return of peace, which puts an end to their amusement, and to a thousand visionary hopes of conquest and national glory, from a longer continuance of the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
ah well that clears things up thanks zucc