Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What was even their timeline for going "green"?

evidently not soon enough to avoid an awkward foreign dependence during a time of crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
thanks

i can get behind 'denazification', we should try it in all the places we left them to fester.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Justin Tyme posted:

no lmao Desert Storm was loving huge and 73 Eastings was one of the largest tank battles in history.

yeah it sounded like bullshit

basically my response was like Mac's when Charlie told him he was going to burn trash to make the stars twinkle

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Eric Swalwell is suggesting to kick all Russian students out of the US

also said this is the largest invasion since WWII. Was the US invasion of Iraq smaller?

iraqs invasion of iran was bigger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_invasion_of_Iran

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/remilitari/status/1496908030545383429

https://twitter.com/SamBendett/status/1496916169579708428

Map and kill claims. Russia is definitively over the Dneiper in the south.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i say swears online posted:

thanks for the pdf and discussion of airborne troops in the modern day, that's super interesting poo poo

People think the Russians are crazy for airdropping armored vehicles with the crew inside them but the US airborne doctrine is real sicko poo poo, push out the good anti-tank weapons (javelins) in door bundles (better hope they land close to where you need them) and have no armored combat vehicles at all; the heaviest AT weapons you'd have until heavies start landing are AT-4s, but only like one or two per squad. US paratroopers are uniquely squishly and are extremely reliant on the air force.... which rolls back to the previous discussion in the "US will lose WW3" thread about how the US Army has nowhere near the mobile ground-based AA capacity Russia does. Basically if you can offer a remote resistance against the USAF or Naval aviation let alone actually fight them on equal footing a lot of US doctrine falls apart.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thank you Sean bean for going to Ukraine to film the truth

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Harik posted:

thanks

i can get behind 'denazification', we should try it in all the places we left them to fester.

Russia doesn't give a poo poo about nazis.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Did Zelensky bounce or what?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Frionnel posted:

Russia doesn't give a poo poo about nazis.

It's the same as USA really caring about democracy in Afghanistan because they want minerals the old empire back.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's disgusting that this forum is allowed to exist after everyone on CSPAM personally affirmed their loyalty to Putin and said that this was cool and good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Harik posted:

a whole shitload happened but what was the actual casius belli for turning the peacekeeping into an invasion?

was it azov being dipshits or "well if you're going to sanction us anyway"?

there were a couple of reports of ukrainian APCs attacking donetsk both before the independence recognition and the start of the invasion but the time gaps between the attacks and russian responses seems too small for them to actually be used as casus belli

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1496941817295683589

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It's the same as USA really caring about democracy in Afghanistan because they want minerals the old empire back.

lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1496932556826193927?t=2rbgX1OQ_C5R9VMcQo3-GQ&s=19

Lol

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There isn't one because the western strategy, forced by capitalism, is literally impossible and would require a quantum leap in battery technology that will probably never happen.

But nuclear is expensive and intensive enough that it basically requires government intervention which the west is intentionally incapable of.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

if russia seizes castle greyskull, ukraine is doomed

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

they are so stupid

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

He's got nukes too, dumbass.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harik posted:

a whole shitload happened but what was the actual casius belli for turning the peacekeeping into an invasion?

was it azov being dipshits or "well if you're going to sanction us anyway"?

more or less the latter, general 'well if you're not going to acknowledge agreements and sanction us for protecting our territories we'll just take all we can' with the Putin 'what even IS a country' history weirdness to create some fake academic element to it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1496911499360620583

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
reports are starting to come out that I heard on aljazeera and some Twitter accounts that Melitipol has fallen to the Russians and Mariupol is currently under assault

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AnimeIsTrash posted:

60% renewables by 2050 lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He's got nukes too, dumbass.

no that's the point. Putin said some kinda vague threatening 'we can make things worse if you want to' thing, a lot of blob freaks are saying that meant he meant nukes, so now NATO's gotta go "UH WE ALSO WILL DO NUKES TO YOU SIR!!!!" like it's loving MAD all over again.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

frankenfreak posted:

Also I should point out that the battery technology necessary to do this literally does not exist and probably never will. Nuclear is not just a solution to climate change, it is the only one. No extant technology can replace it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
OUR WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS and a crippling oil and coal addiction

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

frankenfreak posted:

lmfao

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://youtu.be/ymQFiX6V7HY

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh so you just want putin to calm hitler invade ukraine then huh? RAH NUKES

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

In great empires the people who live in the capital, and in the provinces remote from the scene of action, feel, many of them scarce any inconveniency from the war; but enjoy, at their ease, the amusement of reading in the newspapers the exploits of their own fleets and armies. To them this amusement compensates the small difference between the taxes which they pay on account of the war, and those which they had been accustomed to pay in time of peace. They are commonly dissatisfied with the return of peace, which puts an end to their amusement, and to a thousand visionary hopes of conquest and national glory, from a longer continuance of the war.
Hell yeah OP, this tremendous content.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

correction: apparently the policy has been updated to aim for 55-60% by 2035, still lmao

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1496943538692632577

quote:

MOSCOW, February 24 - RIA Novosti. The ISS is waiting for an uncontrolled deorbit to Europe or the United States if the sanctions affect cooperation with Russia, Dmitry Rogozin, director general of Roscosmos , said on Thursday.
Earlier, US President Joe Biden said that new anti-Russian sanctions would hit the Russian aerospace industry, including the space program, in particular, to create ships if possible. According to him, US and allied sanctions will limit Russia 's imports of high-tech products by 50%, which will have a significant negative impact on "the possibility of modernizing the Russian military industry.

"If you block cooperation with us, who will save the ISS from an uncontrolled deorbit and fall into the United States or Europe? There is also the option of a 500-ton structure falling on India and China. Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, therefore all the risks are yours. Are you ready for them?", he wrote in his Telegram channel.

Rogozin explained that the correction of the station's orbit, as well as its avoidance of dangerous encounters with space debris, is carried out exclusively by the engines of the Russian Progress MS cargo spacecraft.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

if russia seizes castle greyskull, ukraine is doomed

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

OUR WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS and a crippling oil and coal addiction

Look when we said we hate nuclear power we don't mean that kind of nuclear power.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Future is weird.

Can't wait to be laughing at NYC got nuked memes while I hide in basement.

NYC has too much foreign billionaire money to get nuked

Boston otoh…

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

good on them to mention it. putin wouldn't know that otherwise.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

RIP Liz Warren

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

shut the gently caress up man

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/1496941167685996549?s=20&t=LDAz4nKSpKq85Yt9V3KO4A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

the problem is we can’t know the significance of any of this without knowing and understanding the Ukrainian defense plan or scheme.