Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

I hope my death inconveniences as many strangers as possible

Same.

As in death, as in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

I do, however, want to make funeral processions illegal. They are dead and I have places to be. gently caress off.

Take all my organs then throw my hollow carcass in a ditch and be done with it. I'm dead I don't care.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I insist on being mummified and interred within an enormous building of some sort with a pointy thing at the top

also I want Spo's organs buried with me

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Finally, one that was worth clicking through to Twitter.

And holy poo poo Air India 121 what are you thinking?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 24, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

I hope my death inconveniences as many strangers as possible

I want my ashes thrown in the face of whatever politician I hate the most at the time of my death. Joe Manchin or Diane Feinstein would be who I picked today, my hope is that it's a Republican when I actually die.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CannonFodder posted:

Finally, one that was worth clicking through to Twitter.

And holy poo poo Air India 121 what are you thinking?

why should I change my flight plan? they're the ones that suck

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

I insist on being mummified and interred within an enormous building of some sort with a pointy thing at the top

also I want Spo's organs buried with me

I want a mesolithic passage tomb. Let the light of the rising sun on the day of solstice illuminate the megalith behind which my bones are interred, once per year, if the weather holds.

If that's too big, I'll settle for a neolithic dolmen tomb.

Let my monument stand for millennia. That's how important I am.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

Fwiw the flight did go around Ukraine.

Still a great pic and great caption.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Intruder posted:

Watched that movie over the weekend, and glad to say it holds up. Took me a second at the end when the building burns down and they're like, "welp, that's all the evidence of our digital crime gone".

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

inscribed with the text of your favorite wikipedia article

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JPrime posted:

inscribed with the text of your favorite wikipedia article

Nobody's written a wikipedia article about me, alas. Inscribe the stone with my final shitpost, instead.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I had an awesome snowboarding trip, got some sweet photos of jumps I hit, but came back with the loving most bullshit flu ever, I've been sick as a dog.

Intruder posted:

There was previous discussion about good bluetooth earbuds but I can't find it and I've found that buying raycons because of a podcast discount has left me with earbuds that are having constant technical problems so I'll just reintroduce the question

What are some reliable bluetooth earbuds with good sound?

That's my cue. Bluetooth headphones, especially if you use them a lot, are super duper prone to malfunctioning and having issues. Best thing to do is get some at Best Buy and get their ~20 dollar, two year insurance policy. I did that the first time like 8 years ago, and since then I've gotten 6 pairs of 100 dollar plus headphones for 20 bucks each (since I'm getting a new insurance policy each time). Basically I've save over 500 dollars doing it like that.

As far as brands, the only ones I really trust are Jaybird and Bose. Jaybird have some great options if you like the ones that can hang around your neck and have a connecting cord/magnet. That's my favorite kind, I don't like the 'true' wireless ones because they're just a pain in the rear end to keep track of especially if you use them really frequently.

Beats by Dre and Raycon suck rear end imo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Shoot my remains from a t-shirt cannon, along with a free t-shirt. Incidentally, if Braks goes first this is what I plan to do with her ashes at Disney.

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody's written a wikipedia article about me, alas. Inscribe the stone with my final shitpost, instead.

We're not moving Stonehenge for your tombstone.

Intruder posted:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I just want to be buried at sea.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

We're not moving Stonehenge for your tombstone.

Of course not! We'll need fresh, unused megaliths.

We can't put my monument in my native California, because of the earthquakes, it won't last. The most geologically unchanging/stable place on Earth is probably the middle of Australia, so we need to build it there.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Given the reviews, I guess I'll be buying Elden Ring. I've never played any of the Souls series but I don't think I mind dying a ton (I loved Hades heh) and I like other open-world exploration games of that sort.

It'll be good to have the distraction from whatever crap is going on in the world I suppose.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nothing quite like running into a logic issue simply because nobody ever expected this to happen.

I work with an incredibly large client, they have some absurd number of facilities using the same interface connection. We built in, for these large customers a routine that allows us to scale the # of connections something uses, and to prevent any issues with messages going out of order, hash the patient's medical record number to determine which connection to use. Nobody ever expected this to go above a handful of connections, but design has never survived contact with the enemy.

The logic takes the ascii value of each character in the number, concatenates that together then takes the modulus based on the # of connections used. But since it's always ending in a number, and this jackfool set it to exactly 20 connections, the modulus was always coming out to be a number between 8-17 instead of 1-20. Simply due to how modulus of 20 works with random sequence of the ascii values of a string that ends in a number. I love it, and I know exactly how it was tested, and they never even considered that someone would use a multiple of 20 connections.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefiantPointedAfricangoldencat-mobile.mp4

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Play you missed it got poo poo load of snow other night and

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I want you to sprinkle me over my home town via airplane.

I also don't want to be cremated.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want to go through a woodchipper on top of a skyscraper above wall street with a bunch of radioactive waste.

Just make a completely nightmarish contaminated mess.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'll take a Viking funeral thanks. Stick me on a flaming boat and push me out into Lake Michigan. Or give me the Steve Goodman burial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBxZGQ1dJk

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is funny but I did have a co-worker (at the time) who was on the plane that got shot down over the Crimea back in 2014 under similar circumstances, so I hope everyone on this flight is OK.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’ve requested to have googly eyes put on my urn but nothing much beyond that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If it is economical by the time I die, launch my rear end into space. I don't care what you do with the rest of me.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

I want a mesolithic passage tomb. Let the light of the rising sun on the day of solstice illuminate the megalith behind which my bones are interred, once per year, if the weather holds.

Doesn't the story go that Nicolas Cage bought a pyramid outside of New Orleans to house his remains when he dies? That's style.

Anyway, I just want to be cremated, my ashes spread across a baseball diamond, and after my physical assets are liquidated, all of the proceeds go to the Dane County Humane Society up in Madison.

Intruder posted:

riding a horse at a brisk 5 mph all the way to reliant sounds like hell to me

at least I can tell people about how I got stuck behind an actual wagon train in 2022

About 20 years ago, my parents initially retired to a small (>2,500 population) town in Waushara County, Wisconsin. That town had a huge Amish population, and I quickly lost count of how many times I was stuck behind a horse and buggy for a half-hour.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

This is funny but I did have a co-worker (at the time) who was on the plane that got shot down over the Crimea back in 2014 under similar circumstances, so I hope everyone on this flight is OK.

It’s bizarre to me how hard this has been memory-holed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

People were forgetting about the Sandy Hook shooting maybe two weeks after it happened. 24-hour news cycle, baby!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Timby posted:

People were forgetting about the Sandy Hook shooting maybe two weeks after it happened. 24-hour news cycle, baby!

Oh yeah, all hope I ever had for meaningful gun control died in the weeks after.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

nothing coming of it is probably why we're where we are now with Ukraine.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Im planning on eating 2 burgers from 5 guys tonight for supper

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

My sympathies to your digestive tract.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm not sure that flight tracker is accurate. Flightaware shows AI 121 as going around Ukraine

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AIC121

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Oh….uh. Hrm.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pron on VHS posted:

if you can find them buried in the pile of soggy potato

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Timby posted:

My sympathies to your digestive tract.

It won’t break a sweat?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/metzgov/status/1496941034303107077?t=7M9QNsP2ij_Nef5TbdBKCw&s=19

Senator Tuberville please stick to sports

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Post pics and a trip report please.

Which burgs you thinking?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Oh, are we talking about death? SB is under strict orders to sprinkle my ashes on the beach at Disney, covert style. Think Andy Dufresne shaking rock dust out of his jean cuffs. Also I want "Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone)" by Cinderella played at my memorial service which should also be held at the beach. These are my final wishes. Thank you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So you're not gonna dust bomb the Haunted Mansion? Because that happens a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Post pics and a trip report please.

Which burgs you thinking?

Two double cheeses, with a onion/lettuce/tomato. No fries. Boring but it’s been like a year since I have enjoyed a burger