Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I remember one of the homicide crossovers had Antonio from Chicago fire/pd and I remember thinking surely they couldn't be the same person twenty ish years apart.

Dude aged really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the later seasons of Original had a follow up episode where one of the early season convicts actually completed his sentence and they brought back the actors for it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kingtheninja posted:

I remember one of the homicide crossovers had Antonio from Chicago fire/pd and I remember thinking surely they couldn't be the same person twenty ish years apart.

Dude aged really well.

Jon Seda. Apparently he's a huge fitness nut (they worked his boxing background into his PD character), doesn't drink, just takes care of himself. You could put a picture of him as Falsone, from Homicide, and a picture of him as Antonio Dawson, from Chicago PD, next to each other and he'd look like he's barely aged. Only difference is the haircut.

Also, this new thread title sucks. :colbert:

Timby fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 24, 2022

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

muscles like this! posted:

One of the later seasons of Original had a follow up episode where one of the early season convicts actually completed his sentence and they brought back the actors for it.

That SVU episode with the homeless shelter has the kidnapper/killer from Avatar show up for a scene

Edit: Watchin s11e15 of Original Flavor and it's Charlie muthafuckin Day! (as a one-scene witness)

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 25, 2022

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

muscles like this! posted:

1x9 Indifference
15x11 Fixed

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WHY THE gently caress DID THEY USE ANOTHER VERSION OF THE THEME SONG

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They changed the opening :mad:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

howe_sam posted:

They changed the opening :mad:

and that :(

Ahh a Ross cameo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, it's not airing on Peacock. Guess I gotta wait for the upload.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

New theme sucks.

Edit: Also, I'm not loving them painting Donovan's character as an "anti-PC," veiled racist.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Not a fan of detective burn notice

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Timby posted:

New theme sucks.

Edit: Also, I'm not loving them painting Donovan's character as an "anti-PC," veiled racist.

Other than that it still feels like Law and Order. A lot of the same types of shots and camera angles for the most part. Granted, I haven't watched any Law and Order since CI finished.

edit: Ross is an ADA again? Was this in one of the other spin-offs? Last time I saw her she was a judge.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

:lol: Ross went back to a low-paying ADA job after going back to private practice and then being a judge?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Grrrrr, I'm detective Frank burn notice. I take no poo poo from anyone and my only crime is caring to much about law and justice.
I'm also colorblind and hate that I can't crack skulls. Cracking skulls would just get us so much justice...

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 25, 2022

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Grrrrr, I'm detective Frank burn notice. I take no poo poo from anyone and my only crime is caring to much about law and justice.
I'm also colorblind and hate that I can't crack skulls. Cracking skulls would just get us so much justice...

Seems fairly realistic for the NYPD.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Not airing on my side of the continent yet but how's that dynamic they usually got one detective who's chill and one who wants to murder everyone, and Anthony Anderson was the murdery one when last we left things.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Detective Frank Brunnotice saw how much everyone hated lupo and went in the whole opposite direction.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

TheSwizzler posted:

Not airing on my side of the continent yet but how's that dynamic they usually got one detective who's chill and one who wants to murder everyone, and Anthony Anderson was the murdery one when last we left things.

He's matured for sure. It's Det. Burn Notice who is the one who is mad because things ain't what they used to be.

I'm not really feeling the new lieutenant. No real personality so far.

edit: And at exactly 8:30 we switch to the courtroom half.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

In terms of police fuckups that cause the DA headaches this one feels pretty slight.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
!!! Jack McCoy is on TV!!!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

yeah i'm surprised they added a right wing detective to go with bernard, since bernard was pretty drat right-wing last we saw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sam Waterston is still playing that drunk guy from The Newsroom

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arivia posted:

yeah i'm surprised they added a right wing detective to go with bernard, since bernard was pretty drat right-wing last we saw

He's a father now and it mellowed him out.
He just needed his daughter to graduate college before he'd go back to police work

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can't trick me into liking him by making me think he's a young the-cop-from-Freakazoid.
He's Detective Frank Burnnotice and that's final!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

He's a father now and it mellowed him out.
He just needed his daughter to graduate college before he'd go back to police work

Cop * ish

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Damnit Jamie, you're too principled to be an attorney.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
McCoy needs to channel his inner Adam and demand they cut a deal.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also, its nice to see the Order part of Law and Order again.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

You can't trick me into liking him by making me think he's a young the-cop-from-Freakazoid.
He's Detective Frank Burnnotice and that's final!

Cosgrove is the only good police.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Cosgrove is the only good police.

Law & Order I think has always never really said their guys are good are bad, they are just who they are and the system is what it is.

Also, they nailed the ADA dynamic already which feels good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am a little sad we didn't get any scene of McCoy thundering at Ross, but I'm not entirely sure Sam Watterson can thunder anymore.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

howe_sam posted:

I am a little sad we didn't get any scene of McCoy thundering at Ross, but I'm not entirely sure Sam Watterson can thunder anymore.

He is 3 years older now than Steven Brooks was in his last season as Adam Schiff. :smith:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

howe_sam posted:

:smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Arivia posted:

He is 3 years older now than Steven Brooks was in his last season as Adam Schiff. :smith:

Steven Hill.

And, yeah, Waterston is 81. He's got far more years behind him than he does ahead, and you could hear it in his voice.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

I do not care for this new music.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of surprised the jury went with guilty but I guess they wanted to start the season off with a win.

Timby posted:

:lol: Ross went back to a low-paying ADA job after going back to private practice and then being a judge?

It was weird because she didn't need to be a DA again to do that plot point.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

WHY THE gently caress DID THEY USE ANOTHER VERSION OF THE THEME SONG

This should be the new thread title.

Detective Burnnotice needs some comeuppance by the end of this season, the other new characters I need to see in action more. Sundance did not do the customary "take a break while a first run episode is airing" so I'm curious what their ratings for 12x7 is versus NBC's 21x1.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Timby posted:

New theme sucks.

Cosgrove seems like a Fontana-level psycho.

Arivia posted:

Bernard feels both weary and wizened, like he's really been through a lot of poo poo. I think his character moving away from being 'the conservative one' fits easily enough with how things might've developed in the background. Like, the things that Cosgrove said that got Bernard mad, he's probably heard that a thousand times over the past decade.

e:

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Detective Burnnotice needs some comeuppance by the end of this season

Yeah if he keeps up like this I have a hard time seeing his character not getting burned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It really felt like they were trying to thread the needle with Det Burnnotice. He was conservative but they made sure to point out that he wasn't racist or a thin blue line chud.

In that vein wasn't a huge fan of Jack being upset about the defund the police movement. C'mon Jack, you should know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

Cosgrove seems like a Fontana-level psycho

At least Fontana had this Sopranos-extra dirty cop charm, Cosgrove's just a human road rage incident