Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

HenryEx posted:

247m+ posts on this forum and not a single one contains a bon mot

more like non mot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sebmojo posted:

Mods can read the pms that you send to them, yes

If that's true then why haven't any confessed their undying love in return?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Biplane posted:

Lol at even noticing getting a six hour probation. Just lmao

If you interact with the "youths" on Discord or Twitter-- they will go apeshit over a probation/timeout that lasts more than half an hour. They're not soft but the idea of unplugging for even 1/4 a day is a much more severe concept to them. Sharing my SA experiences makes me sound like I used to get a full afternoon in the hotbox just for looking at a moderator funny.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Avoid the possibility of mods reading your PMs by not buying PMs!

Coward.

Send gross poo poo to the most deserving all day every day.

Let them fuckers work for it

e: THAT WAS NOT AN INVITATION

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mind the walrus posted:

If you interact with the "youths" on Discord or Twitter-- they will go apeshit over a probation/timeout that lasts more than half an hour. They're not soft but the idea of unplugging for even 1/4 a day is a much more severe concept to them. Sharing my SA experiences makes me sound like I used to get a full afternoon in the hotbox just for looking at a moderator funny.

Have you seen some of the 2005-2008 probes people have been digging up? Some of them were that petty

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What kind of coward doesn't regularly get 30 day probations from Facebook and Twitter for doing incredibly offensive stuff like posting that old comic of Captain America punching Hitler?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My problem is that I will inevitably think of a dumb funny joke I really want to make in some thread or other five minutes after I get a 6er, but the thread has moved on by the time I'm back :smith:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
My favourite probe was for posting a photo consisting of a pedometer with 0001 displaying on it up held up in front of someone's (quite suspect) post. That person shortly got banned for continuing to make comments that could be generously described as betraying a poor attitude towards the concept of age of consent. SMH if you don't have at least a single 6er that you can display as a badge of pride.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Heath posted:

Have you seen some of the 2005-2008 probes people have been digging up? Some of them were that petty
If you don't have at least a few of those are you even a real Goon?

Breetai posted:

SMH if you don't have at least a single 6er that you can display as a badge of pride.
:hmmyes:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What kind of coward doesn't regularly get 30 day probations from Facebook and Twitter for doing incredibly offensive stuff like posting that old comic of Captain America punching Hitler?
Literal children who will hound you to the ends of the earth saying mean poo poo and then post memes about how they're too scared to ask the drive-thru for extra ketchup.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Kids these days, am I right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Kids these days, am I right?

This phrase means something wildly different in the mod forum

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A DASTARDLY number of cat pics!!!! :O

mod admits to homegrown pussy pics in the mod forums we must riot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Hygiene posted:

My problem is that I will inevitably think of a dumb funny joke I really want to make in some thread or other five minutes after I get a 6er, but the thread has moved on by the time I'm back :smith:

Go for it IMO. If the joke was good at the time it will be good forever. Even if the mod told everyone to move on

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

sebmojo posted:

Mods can read the pms that you send to them, yes

I thought :thejoke:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A DASTARDLY number of cat pics!!!! :O

You can only be a mod by offering a sacrifice of cat pics to Jeff's ever hungry cat pic folder

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HenryEx posted:

247m+ posts on this forum and not a single one contains a bon mot
All mot no bon

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Vitruvian Manic posted:

mods don't like me
everyone who reads your posts is a mod?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This is why I send my death threats over media that doesn't leave a trace, like ice sculptures or skywriting.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

This is why I send my death threats over media that doesn't leave a trace, like ice sculptures or skywriting.

smoke signals, gotta be rfc compliant with your packets

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I blink them at people, using a code of my own devising

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Speaking of vegan food, there are entire cuisines around the world based on largely or exclusively vegan-friendly food, which are almost always many times better than the kind of things vegans in the west come up with.

India being the most obvious example. I'm normally pretty carnivorous but I absolutely love the wide variety of vegetarian dishes I've had at Indian restaurants.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Cowards. I can assure you that everyone who refuses to own their own death threats ITT will not live to see the year 2102.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Personally, I like the plausible deniability of a butoh dance performance.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

India being the most obvious example. I'm normally pretty carnivorous but I absolutely love the wide variety of vegetarian dishes I've had at Indian restaurants.

Yeah, my favourite curry cookbook is a thousand pages long and half of that is paneer, legume, and vegetable curries. It's great.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Good Sphere posted:

You may wish that you never asked for it, but here ya go.

Sourdough Sam posted:

Chuckie Finster shoulda stayed a baby

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wait, are sevenheads a thing now? I'm so lost

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

sebmojo posted:

Good to meet you, Mr. Whitaker.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

This thread title gives new meaning to the word "nosejob"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You can't post that and not this wonder from the following page;

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You can't fool me. That guy's a poof.

Yarael Poof.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

sebmojo posted:

Me too, with high beams.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Splicer posted:

All mot no bon

i bon plenty tyvm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's painful, right

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pro tip: if you pm the joke to the mod who probed you, you get pardoned

e: ive done this 5 times

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

minato posted:

Harriet, I killed a youngling

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Cowards. I can assure you that everyone who refuses to own their own death threats ITT will not live to see the year 2102.

if you aren't regularly typing the words "this is a real, legally actionable threat" what's your life even like?

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Jesus, I just realized I have never gotten a 6er in a decade. MODS, do the needful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Jeffrey reading that post and frantically coding in the ability to give a sevener

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imagine getting a 48 minute probe

just about enough time to watch an hbo show from the 00s lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

re: new sims wedding expansion

Marcade posted:

The Sims 4 weddings and a funeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Robobot posted:

There’s so much delicious vegan food that isn’t pretending to be meat that I just don’t understand the point besides “I miss this meat thing”. Which is fine, but it’s kinda like wearing shoes that look like leather. You’re just perpetuating the use of leather in fashion.

At a glance, I thought this post said something about Meatless Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes.