Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I've been binge reading the Reddit updates forum this week. Here's some of the best headlines:

Boss thinks he’s a Mayan shaman and claims 1/4 parentage of an employee’s child

Help! My girlfriend ate a lot of edibles before her midterm

OOP is assigned an aggressively flatulent office mate

Entitled guy knocks himself out with a rubber mallet after slashing my tires, and then he screws up

Our orange cat climbed up the chimney today. We thought we had a visitor cat for awhile until we realized it was Henry.

I’m very patiently waiting for my fiancé to wake up so I can find out why there is a bite mark in the butter…

And finally, Dropped gum and had to cut wife's hair while she was asleep and she hasn't woken up

quote:

Initially I was fine but, I guess I failed to remove all the gum because I heard her scream "you mother fucker" from the bathroom. Dude I honestly thought I picked all of it out. I immediately ran outside and locked myself in the car.
She made him pay for a $300 haircut and wants to wax his chest as revenge.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA For being upset with my sister for wanting to skip my wedding because of her miscarriage?

quote:

I (f28) am getting married next week, Invitations are out, wedding planning was complete and everything is going according to plane. However, My sister (f31) just had a miscarriage and mom told me that she told her she decided to not come to the wedding. I was dumfounded, I called my sister to talk about it and she said she is exhausted and doesn't feel like attending, I told her that this is my wedding not some family dinner she and her husband decided to skip. She apologized hoping that "I'd understand" but I said that I don't (?) because I really don't understand what does her miscarriage has to do with being at my wedding - it's not like she gave birth and needed to stay with the baby, She must've had me on speaker because her husband heard and started scolding me about how this is a traumatic experience that my sister just went threw and said that I was insensitive to talk to her like that. I asked him to stay out of it but, he started arguing telling me to respect my sister's wish and respect that they're grieving. I insisted he let me talk to her but he said "we were done talking" I ended up losing my temper with him and he told me "F your wedding" then hung up. My fiance was in the room and heard him say that. He wanted to uninvite him and my sister over this instantly but, I didn't let him. I called mom and she promised to speak to my sister and convince her to come. My dad called me later on and started berating me about "harraasing" my sister and told me to leave her alone, I asked him if my brother in law told him about our fight but he got defensive and told me to get off both my sister's and her husband's back and drop it. I told him how upset and hurt I was that my sister decided to skip my wedding and how little she thought of it, he replied that my sister has a valid reason and I was coming across unfeeling and selfish not to see that and lash out over her missing a party - THIS IS NOT a party, that's my wedding, it matters to me, I was there for hers why can't she do the same and show up for few hours?. Dad said he won't tell me again to leavevmy sister alone and urged me to stop bringing it up and "gang" up with mom to get my sister to go but I wasn't doinh that(?).

Long story short, tension has bern taking over since then. mom thinks that a calm discussion will do but I feel like my feelings are igored and misunderstood especially from my sister.

ETA: One, My BIL didn't say "F your wedding" he actually said "F YOU and your wedding".

Two, I love my sister, I get her struggle but I wanted her there because I care about her.

Yes, I know my sister is in great emotional pain, but I want her at my WeDdInG because I caaaaaaare for her.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Here is the clock, ripped out of the dash to show it wasn’t wired to the “bomb” in the trunk.

And the final photo before the junkyard, after we helpfully spray painted “not a bomb” all over it and added some jesus fish to make it leas threatening.

It only stopped running when the gas tank fell out after driving it off a (small, maybe 8-10 feet) cliff.

My "not a bomb" paint job has people asking a lot of questions already addressed by my paint job

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

pentyne posted:

He just sounds like most compulsive liars I've known. The sheer insane audacity they have to tell lies that most people wouldn't dare and seem to benefit from polite decorum meaning most people don't call them out so their attempts to 'prove' their case is always hilarious bad.

The VCR is an all time great, like what was the plan? He even agreed to show it to her so he must've expected it to somewhat work.

It's the one-two punch of realizing that he knows exactly what he's doing and that he thinks she's that loving stupid. That's why it's horrifying, especially for her in that moment.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For being upset with my sister for wanting to skip my wedding because of her miscarriage?

Yes, I know my sister is in great emotional pain, but I want her at my WeDdInG because I caaaaaaare for her.
Depending on how far along OP's sister was, aren't there also potential physical complications from a miscarriage? Like, it's not like it's done and over, if you're later term hasn't your body spent a lot of time and resources altering itself to grow a baby and now you're dealing with the aftereffects of that with no baby?

Like obviously the emotional aspect alone is enough to not go but OP is also disregarding that this is a medical event as well as a personal tragedy.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA I am an adult toy collector and I do not want to share any portion of my collection with my partner's child

some random reddit commenter posted:

Somehow I'm not surprised. Do you have a hard time connecting with people by any chance? Many collectors do.

OP posted:

"I'm not surprised," lmao like you know me personally and it's no shocker, yeh?

I connect fine with other people, I just also happen to have a large selection of things to shove up my rear end.

I like this OP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait, adult (toy collector) or (Adult Toy) collector?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

PetraCore posted:

Depending on how far along OP's sister was, aren't there also potential physical complications from a miscarriage? Like, it's not like it's done and over, if you're later term hasn't your body spent a lot of time and resources altering itself to grow a baby and now you're dealing with the aftereffects of that with no baby?

Like obviously the emotional aspect alone is enough to not go but OP is also disregarding that this is a medical event as well as a personal tragedy.
Yup. Depending on when it was, you're likely to have a postpartum body with no baby. :(

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

trickybiscuits posted:

Our orange cat climbed up the chimney today. We thought we had a visitor cat for awhile until we realized it was Henry.

Do not sleep on this one. It's great.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PetraCore posted:

e: mixed this part up with some other post about pregnancy

But also, outdoor summer weddings suuuuck and I hate everyone who has ever planned one on principle

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 24, 2022

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yup. Depending on when it was, you're likely to have a postpartum body with no baby. :(
Not to mention the emotional aspect of having to get something that's recognizably a dead fetus out of your body vs early term miscarriages which are ideally a bit more abstract. It's never going to be easy if you wanted to have a baby, but there's so much stigma talking about the grosser aspects and I feel like they're kind of important to the impact.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
When you've just lost a baby, being in public around a bunch of happy families with children can be immensely difficult. Jfc let your sister grieve her loss in private.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on, it's not like she has a baby to worry about.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Miscarriages happen every day but MY SPECIAL DAY only happens once

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for asking my wife to do chores while pumping?

quote:

My wife is a SAHM and I work long hours. When I get home, i just want to take a break for a little bit before helping out. Everyday I get back, she immediately throws our baby at me and tells me to watch him while she goes breast pumps and watches korean drama for like an hour.

I got her one of those portable pumps (willow, no tubing, fits in the bra) so she’s not stuck to one position while pumping. She says she can’t do chores or baby care because pumping is painful and she needs to do something she enjoys to get her mind off the pain or else she can’t get enough milk during that session. I told her I didn’t believe it and she was using pumping and milk production as an excuse to take a break and get away for an hour.

i do not mind giving her a break but i feel like she’s making it up to justify a break. She accused me of calling her liar.

(Btw, when I say long hours, I’m talking like 14-18 hours a day, 6 days a week. There are days I only have 6 hours off between shifts but stead of sleeping, i have to watch our baby for an hour and it results in me only getting 5 hours of sleep for several nights. And I do help out a little during the 6 days and we split the rest of the work on my off day.)

Edit: let me clarify, if she said “i need a break and go watch kdrama, you watch him for an hour”, i would not have questioned it. She’s always worried about my health as well. Half the nights, she gets up before I wake up to do my night feeding/diaper shift so i get more sleep. I was just wondering did she say thag bc she felt guilty she’s asking me to give up an hour of sleep to take a break so she made an excuse or is this a real thing… “my milk letdown is low if I’m not fully relaxed and distracted from the pain”
The comments are ripping him a new rear end in a top hat. Also he will not say what kind of job forces him to work those insane hours, but considering how quick he is to dismiss a woman telling him she's in pain, I'm guessing he's a doctor.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Sisal Two-Step posted:

The comments are ripping him a new rear end in a top hat. Also he will not say what kind of job forces him to work those insane hours, but considering how quick he is to dismiss a woman telling him she's in pain, I'm guessing he's a doctor.

Is this guy in residency or is he a traveling salesmen? Maybe oil and gas?

Edit: I really question 14-18 hours a day

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I adopted this strategy a few years ago and it's been spectacular so far. There are few ways of deflating this kind of rear end in a top hat better than simply asking them to explain why the joke is funny. I mean, it shouldn't be that difficult, they made it and they're laughing at it. I figure I'll either be laughing at the joke once it's explained or at an attempted apology through a mouthful of broken teeth.

That sound like a good strategy, but what do you do if they say

quote:

My god, you're so loving sensitive! Why can't you take a joke without making it an interrogation!?

or

quote:

It's funny because <directly insults your wife a lot>

What can you even say to someone like the sister who will observe you calmly, politely asking "please explain the joke?" and say you were "screaming" and you have "anger management issues"?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

considering how quick he is to dismiss a woman telling him she's in pain, I'm guessing he's a doctor.

lol
:smith:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nebrilos posted:

What can you even say to someone like the sister who will observe you calmly, politely asking "please explain the joke?" and say you were "screaming" and you have "anger management issues"?

"Get out of my house; you are no longer welcome here," assuming it's at your house. Elsewhere, if it sucks, hit da bricks

If you're hanging with a larger group and your leaving would upset them or disrupt their plans, all the better. Making life hard for enablers is one of the little pleasures in life.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for refusing to see my husband's family until MIL buys me new shoes?

quote:

We recently went on a vacation with my husband's family. MIL and I have some issues and I'd describe the relationship as hot and cold, but we are close with all of my husband's step siblings. During the trip, the women went shopping and MIL wanted a pair of Nikes, but they didn't have her size. I looked at them, realized I liked them, and got them which annoyed her. She claimed I did it on purpose and that I hadn't even looked at them before.

The next day I wore them to the park and MIL "accidently" got chic fil a sauce on them. I was pissed and I know she did it on purpose. MIL is saying it was an accident and I just hate her. Her stepkids tried to point out that she likely did it on purpose and she went crying to her husband and accused us of bullying her.

Now I am refusing to see the family until she replaces the shoes. MIL claims her husband won't "allow" her to give me the money, which makes absolutely no sense. MIL gets a generous monthly allowance and I've never heard of him not allowing her before. He couldn't even keep a straight face when she said it. My husband is willing to support my boundary but it is hard for him Currently we will be missing out on an engagement party for his step sister and a couple family outings.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

duck trucker posted:

Miscarriages happen every day but MY SPECIAL DAY only happens once

An American woman has 1.7 kids on average, assuming a 15% miscarriage rate that's something like 2 pregnancies and 0.3 miscarriages for the average woman (excluding intentional terminations).

The lifetime marriage rate is something like 95%, and plenty of people get married more than once so the average woman probably has like ... 1.3 or 1.5 marriages.

Using MY SPECIAL DAY logic, the sister getting married should cancel her party to support the one who miscarried since that's the rarer event.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"Get out of my house; you are no longer welcome here," assuming it's at your house. Elsewhere, if it sucks, hit da bricks

If you're hanging with a larger group and your leaving would upset them or disrupt their plans, all the better. Making life hard for enablers is one of the little pleasures in life.
I use it as an outlet for my rage at life.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 24, 2022

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mx. posted:

MIL is saying it was an accident and I just hate her. Her stepkids tried to point out that she likely did it on purpose

lol Stepkids knowing whats up and just throwing her under the bus.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for being hostile and rude to my sister's boyfriend over a joke he told my wife?

The sister’s lucky her boyfriend isn’t eating through a straw.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Waaaay back when I was in high school some friends and bought a junk car for joyriding (it was $250 and like 10 people put in money)

It was parked in a friend’s driveway while he was out of town, and since it was a lovely car the cops decided it was a bomb and evacuated 15 houses and called in a helicopter and a bomb robot and it was on the local news as a new years eve millennium bomb threat.

Apologies for the 2000s era camera quality it was a long time ago.

Like, I was at my friend’s place watching the ball drop and it cut to a local news person down the street from our car calling it a bomb because their parabolic mic had heard a ticking noise when they pointed it at the car - which was the stock 1980 Honda dashboard clock, one of the few working components.

The “pipe bomb” was stereo wires from the (long ago removed/stolen) speakers behind the rear seats, the wires had sorta fallen into the trunk and become wrapped around a chunk of metal inside the trunk.

The metal chunk is a solid iron cylinder that weighed about 180lbs - we found it abandoned near a construction site and we think it was a piece of a broken hydraulic hammer like you’d use on a front loader to jackhammer through bedrock or something like that - about the size the upper half of an adult human leg, so I can almost see how they thought it was a bomb just looking down thru a speaker hole into the trunk with a wire or two wrapped around it - the wires didn’t actually attach to it.

When we showed up to explain the cops didn’t believe it was our car until one guy said he’d open the trunk so they let him walk up past the police line and open the trunk that the police robot had been trying to open. And then he had to lift the 180lb chunk of iron out of the trunk by himself, which looked very silly.

We had to explain why we had collected the cylinder and put it in the trunk and our answer “because if we hold it above the car and drop it on the car, it is heavy and it will crush parts of the car in a neat way” was not a satisfactory explanation for some reason.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Here is the clock, ripped out of the dash to show it wasn’t wired to the “bomb” in the trunk.

And the final photo before the junkyard, after we helpfully spray painted “not a bomb” all over it and added some jesus fish to make it leas threatening.

It only stopped running when the gas tank fell out after driving it off a (small, maybe 8-10 feet) cliff.

This is all around hilarious and awesome. Thanks for sharing 🥳

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mx. posted:

I'm picturing this woman slowly pouring out one of those little sauce cups onto OP's shoes while mouthing "oh noooooo"

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

limp_cheese posted:

lol Stepkids knowing whats up and just throwing her under the bus.

Wash the shoes? Why isn't that an option

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for saying "Welcome to our world" to my FIL who just lost his job

quote:

My FIL is a staunch republican boomer. I am a millennial.

He was recently terminated at his job for absenteeism because he took too long to recover from surgery. He was injured at work and on worker's comp, but according to the company, he was taking too long to recover.

His lawyer said there isn't much to be done because the small company is not beholden to the same rules as a larger company(This is him finding out that there are no employee protections in our state that apply to all businesses. 49/50 employees exempts them from all these rules apparently).

Now, he is finding out his worker's comp is getting shut off because they are no longer required to pay him. He has been cleared to work but with very specific limitations. No standing no lifting.

So his attorney told him he needs to start applying for jobs but they can attempt to get him on unemployment. He is now seeing that no job with his disability requirement and no experience will pay him more than $15hr BEST CASE. And apparently that is a massive drop for him.

So after an hour of discussing all this with him and family I couldn't take it anymore and I said "Welcome to our world"... he and my MIL got very mad at me and called me insensitive. And I admit I lost my temper and said "be sure you don't take any of these minimum wage "low skill" jobs offering $15hr.. Can't be paying such a high wage for no skill work. And that's when my wife said I was being my too harsh. But for the entire time I've known this family they have been adamantly opposed to every single worker reform or anything to help the average US citizen. I just couldn't take the whining anymore.

So AITA?

TLDR: my FIL recently lost his job and has been experiencing the struggle and I told him "Welcome to our World"

Edit; if I'm the rear end in a top hat that's fine with me. My only defense is these people have been blindly ignorant to everyone else's problems for their entire lives and they wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone if the same story was being told to them from someone else's experience. This man is a Trump supporter who blares his horn driving by flipping of "Fight for 15" protestors. That's why I made that comment about the $15minimum wage.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

An American woman has 1.7 kids on average, assuming a 15% miscarriage rate that's something like 2 pregnancies and 0.3 miscarriages for the average woman (excluding intentional terminations).

The lifetime marriage rate is something like 95%, and plenty of people get married more than once so the average woman probably has like ... 1.3 or 1.5 marriages.

Using MY SPECIAL DAY logic, the sister getting married should cancel her party to support the one who miscarried since that's the rarer event.
Technically I believe a larger percentage of fertilizations end in a very early miscarriage due to the resulting gamete being nonviable, so by narcissism logic the wedding is still more special, because miscarrying before you even know you're pregnant and miscarrying after identifying a wanted pregnancy are exactly the same as long as it's not happening to OP, right?

please don't take this seriously

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Girlfriend let a boy take body shot off her at a party when we were going through a argument

quote:

My girlfriend let a boy take a body shot off her stomach and lick salt off her neck and lemon out her mouth. In the summer. Never told me till a guy at the party told me. I broke up with her. How should I take this and the future?

We talked about a future the next day.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Mx. posted:

Girlfriend let a boy take body shot off her at a party when we were going through a argument

I remember being 17 too

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I feel like the acid vat is rather excessive for spoiling a friendship

now now if we start questioning the use of the acid vat we risk turning the entire justice system on its head!

*gingerly plunges himself into the acid*

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mx. posted:

AITA for disappearing for a night after my husband ambushed me with an unwelcome surprise?

quote:

Edit - For those concerned about why I went NC to start with, the exact situation is beyond the scope of this forum. The cheating was just the match that sparked an already explosive situation that ruined multiple lives, one fatally so, and devastated the family to the point that even his own parents disowned him when all the information came out. At the time, I didn’t have all of the information I do now, so reconciliation was still just barely on the table - just without his willing accomplice in the picture, as a bare minimum. The woman he cheated with knew the situation from the beginning and contributed greatly to the final outcome being as bad as it was. With what I now know, he will never be forgiven under any circumstances. There is not a level of hell deep enough for what he did, in my opinion. I hope that provides adequate context.

SOMEONE loving DIED. Someone was either murdered or committed suicide. And her husband still goes "MAKE UP WITH HIM!"

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Neurosurgeon resident. And because he's a shitter, he of course abbreviated it NSGY so you might have to look it up.

Also he tells other people that you don't learn about lactation in med school, in ANY med school that isn't just for babies, and med students pile in to say "actually they do." He disagrees anyway.

an irritated commenter posted:

Do you just get off on calling women liars?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 25, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for refusing to help my wife out at all during her pregnancy (unless it’s an emergency)

quote:

My wife (29f) and I (29m) have three kids together (twins 7f,3m)

She is currently 2 months pregnant with her sisters baby as in she’s her surrogate. I begged her not to do it but at the end she told me I had zero say

The reasons why I was so against the idea 1- her health 2-I knew her sister was full of poo poo with her fake promises 3- my wife isn’t the nicest person pregnant

But when she was pregnant with my kids I sucked up doing all the childcare (paid babysitter while I was at work) and cleaning after working long hours just to be told I’m worthless and couldn’t do anything right. Even the 3am than 5am cravings that had me driving miles or mood swings which had me feeling like crap

That’s why after our youngest I told her I was done having kids even tho she said she wanted more but realistically it would be stupid to have a big family with the state of the world never mind the costs of having 6 kids

So 2 weeks ago after weeks of fighting I found out at a family dinner my wife was pregnant and her sister would finally be a mom. My wife tuned around and said “I guess you are my bitch again” as a joke but with everything I had I stayed claim and said “no they’re you’re bitches,not my kid not my problem”

Since than I’ve not taken the pregnancy excuse or her demands serious, like you want a Big Mac at 4am call your sister

Outside of my share of chores and my kids I’ve done nothing to help my wife

Her whole family was at my home tonight after I came home from work and told me I was trash for mistreating a pregnant woman that as her husband I should step up

I told them no I wouldn’t than turned around with my kids and took them for a meal out because we needed to get away

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Still playing catch up, sorry if this was posted already.

Mx. posted:

AITA for disappearing for a night after my husband ambushed me with an unwelcome surprise?

quote:

throwaway_195283754
Op
4 hours ago

Do I have to ravel out my entire traumatic backstory for someone to expect them to take “I am no contact with this person for reasons that are deeply hurtful to me, I hope they one day get a front row seat to the blastfurnace of hell, and I will speak to them again over my own dead body. If so much as their funeral urn ever comes to me, the contents are going into the catbox immediately.” seriously? Because that doesn’t leave a lot of room for waffling in my book. That seems like a nobrainer for any reasonable person that something terrible must have occurred to prompt that level of absolute hatred and contempt and getting those two people in the same room, much less in a public restaurant, would be a phenomenally bad idea. All I would need to hear personally is simply “I don’t speak to my father” and I would have assumed that person can manage their own relationships and it’s none of my business.

But to answer your question, yes, he does know the basic facts of the story if not every single gory detail.

'he' being the husband.

quote:

throwaway_195283754
Op

My mother had mild post-partum depression to start. Shockingly, that gets worse over time if your partner discourages you from getting treatment and emotionally abuses you when no one is looking for years. I’ve read her journals in the years since this all happened. If even 10% of it is true, that would be reason enough to never speak to him again.

Her latest comments say she's giving her husband a second chance after this. Oh girl he already blew through every chance and good grace. Must have some good dick and or washes twain the crack.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

lmao, what a Pete.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to help my wife out at all during her pregnancy (unless it’s an emergency)

Lol if that's real, "surprise, I have a surrogate pregnancy!" is one of the more creative ways to just straight-up nuke your relationship

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Kurieg posted:

AITA for saying "Welcome to our world" to my FIL who just lost his job

Always nice to see a chud getting their face eaten by leopards.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Neurosurgeon resident. And because he's a shitter, he of course abbreviated it NSGY so you might have to look it up.

Also he tells other people that you don't learn about lactation in med school, in ANY med school that isn't just for babies, and med students pile in to say "actually they do." He disagrees anyway.

I'm sure he says that in the comments but that would have to mean he was a neurosurgery resident who... didn't immediately brag about that in order to prove why he shouldn't have to watch his stupid baby for an hour a day? Does not compute.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Just when I think I've seen all the ways redditors can get cucked, someone goes and builds a better bull. Also "give me your uterus" can be added to the list.

value-brand cereal posted:

Still playing catch up, sorry if this was posted already.

'he' being the husband.

Her latest comments say she's giving her husband a second chance after this. Oh girl he already blew through every chance and good grace. Must have some good dick and or washes twain the crack.

Is it Tuesday already?

Given that OP grew up in an abusive household, it's more likely that she's just being a doormat because she did not have healthy intimate relationships modeled for her during her formative years and on some level has accepted it's ok for husbands to do horrible things to wives like murder them/drive them to suicide, so if her husband "only" did something like take the word of her murderer father over hers, lie to her, and ambush her by springing the guy who killed her mother on her at an ihop, she really doesn't have much to complain about. It does not imply anything positive about Mr. OP. I hope she eventually grows a spine, but the outlook is doubtful.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol if that's real, "surprise, I have a surrogate pregnancy!" is one of the more creative ways to just straight-up nuke your relationship

Given OP's overall lack of spine for not pulling the trigger on a divorce/separation/etc immediately upon hearing this, she rightly knows OP is in fact her bitch and she can do whatever she wants.

AITA for telling my engaged friend that being a stay-at-home wife (with no income) is a delusional choice?

quote:

Basically my friend is engaged, we are young in our mid 20s in the group (5 of us). I’m very happy for my friend that she found love and is very content with her life— I am glad for that, build something new. I am a bridesmaid in her wedding and I’m excited as well!

However, her fiancé is very well off for his age but he has the old-fashioned masculine-trope that men should provide and work, their wives should stay at home, tidy the house and cook. She is content with it because she believes that she can, “not work, relax, be pretty, chores and frolic about” and spend his money.

She talked with me about how she will do joint bank account with him and clarified that will be her sole form of income. She was happy. He was kind of a little adamant on this and that’s the structure he prefers.

I told her that it was not a good idea to go forward with that decision and she said, “she’s content with it”. I further explained it sounds nice but it’s really not a good idea because you need some type of income, to have your own freedom so you could live in your own means and not rely on somebody else I also explained that there is a billion ways, God-forbid poo poo could hit the fan, that it will come in handy.

She got upset, argued that her fiancé is smart with his money, he’s reliable, loves him, trusts him and he’s nice (fair he seems like a good dude) and will let her lives how she wants to (how do you know).

I told her, I respect her decision no matter what and I told her this because I love her, I want her to have options just in case because two is better than one. I reminded her that she has a degree, she could make a living for herself. Just because she is marrying some guy does not mean she has to lose her individuality.

WELL she got even more upset and said that I was projecting, jealous, it makes her insecure about her relationship, her values. That was very insulting to my character and I told her that if she chooses to make a very delusional choice? Be my guest.

The friend group, they told me that they agree with me but I shouldn’t have told her so harsh because now she is very upset and it’s something that she has always, and I mean ALWAYS wanted.

I feel bad that she feels upset, I don’t want to deprive my friend of something that makes her happy and make her feel insecure to the point where she feels like she has to do something she does not want to.

AITA?

Edit: to clarify, she did ask me for my opinion on it and wanted to have a discussion about it. she said she liked it and was happy with that choice, I simply gave my insight and I guess she did not like it. She has often asked us about her opinions about her relationship with him, it’s a big decision.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 25, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

Please tell me they took the ivf route. Too many redneck reddit posts where they wanted to do it the "old fashioned" way.

OP posted:

The post was long so I’ll explain here I don’t know how they went about it due to the fact I was few weeks away from home because I had to work aboard than I had the bug so I had to isolate but this fight has been going on between us since September plus my knowledge on ivf is second to none

quote:

You need to ask asap because old fashioned way means she had sex with her sisters partner or turkey baster way (so no sex) but also means this wasn't done legally so it's your wife's egg and her sisters partner sperm meaning your kids half sibling and if the sister wants to she can say she doesn't want the kid in the end and you and your wife won't be able to do anything about it because legally it'll be your wife's kid.

Maybe you could go after the sisters partner for child support but that may be unlikely because lots of States will put down you down as the father in the birth certificate because you're the one married to her.

OP posted:

Thanks for this and also Jesus Christ I hope they went the proper way oh god I hope it’s her sister egg

quote:

Can guarantee that they didn’t. Going through a surrogacy center costs tens of thousands, requires psych and med consults AND the the surrogates partner must be in agreement.

OP posted:

I was contacted by no one but do you think someone could have said they were me

quote:

Not likely. Go look up surrogacy clinics and how they function. Dude, if this post is for real, you’re headed for a divorce. Document, document, document. Do not sign anything unless you completely understand it. And if you still married when she gives birth? Good luck. You’re legally the father.

lol better get off reddit and call a lawyer, homeboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
This almost feels as good when dudes ask for a paternity test out of no where. Like divorce is the obvious choice after that type of action