Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

very pro click if you somehow havent seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FaZov Battalion

faze banks basement pod live from sevastopol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Oh.

Well they're hosed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

vyelkin posted:

wow

powerful stuff

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/julianroepcke/status/1496961714113425415?s=21

mykoliav reportedly fallen, now the road to Odessa is open

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

if I, personally, were a Ukrainian man from 18 to 60 I'd probably be in Poland shortly after reading this.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

been thinking about this, and I mean, if Blinken/Ned Price/Psaki tell you something bad is about to happen, it's always safer to assume they're lying until that thing actually happens bc they are not to be trusted

To be fair, its quite possible that it wasn't their plan up until a few days ago until Gulf Stream 2 got canceled and preliminary sanctions started. It might have played some part of the Kremlin saying "gently caress it, YOLO."

But I still blame John Dolan, and all the posters in this thread, you specifically, more than I blame Putin or NATO for these events coming to pass.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

To be fair, its quite possible that it wasn't their plan up until a few days ago until Gulf Stream 2 got canceled and preliminary sanctions started. It might have played some part of the Kremlin saying "gently caress it, YOLO."

But I still blame John Dolan, and all the posters in this thread, you specifically, more than I blame Putin or NATO for these events coming to pass.

I told Putin to do it. I'm sorry, I was being ironic.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

that changes the calculus of "hunker down at home with the blinds drawn and the lights off and wait for the fighting to stop" vs "get the gently caress into the car and dont sleep until you cross the border" considerably

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

internationalism

I imagine that Az looks like Mitch from the Doughboys.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It kinda looks like Antonio Inoki, so yes.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

it's safe 🙏

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus Christ

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Maximo Roboto posted:

There is no real Taiwanese independence movement. The DPP and Pan-Green movement like to play diplomatic games of chicken and to pander to independence sentiments, but it's all just skirting around the status quo. Trying to change the name of the Olympics delegation away from Chinese Taipei, getting recognized by the U.N. in this capacity or that, it's all ceremonial legalisms. No movement wants to break the status quo in the near future, meaning no serious independence movement exists for all intents and purposes.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if there's a true reunification movement either, because no one has ever articulated what a Taiwan province situation would actually look like for the people living in Taiwan. Or even for the KMT and Pan-Blue supporters. Do they expect that Han Kuo-yu would become the Chief Executive and they would all work for the SAR government, or something

Unification would probably start with something far more small scale, probably a common market and a defense pact and eventually sometype of loose confederation. I don’t even think Beijing is really interested in direct rule but solving the legacy of the Civil War once and for all.

I do think the Ukraine War shows if nothing else what happens for a weaker power, even a Western allows one, when diplomacy is laid on the wayside.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

They probably should have banned them from entering the country tbf

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
lmao

Morbus
May 18, 2004

"you can't leave!" I insist, as my northern, eastern, and southern borders are not under my control

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Unification would probably start with something far more small scale, probably a common market and a defense pact and eventually sometype of loose confederation. I don’t even think Beijing is really interested in direct rule but solving the legacy of the Civil War once and for all.

I do think the Ukraine War shows if nothing else what happens for a weaker power, even a Western allows one, when diplomacy is laid on the wayside.

Unless they build a nuke north korea style

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

this mf said Gulf Stream 2

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

A Bakers Cousin posted:

They probably should have banned them from entering the country tbf
:dadjoke:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Be more careful in the future, when discussing the Russian kleptocracy or the presence of Ukrainian nazis with the proper [irony] [/irony] tags, before you get more people killed.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

This is unenforceable lol. Has there been any video from the western border?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I just wanted to see Deep Battle.

When I trained the Canadians that trained the Ukrainians, I built a hidden flaw into their technique - cell phones.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
theres not enough video period!!!

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
https://mobile.twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1496953514387464196

Biden thinks he can’t send weapons to a country that is defending itself from foreign aggression? because of laws?

this is somehow the first time in American history that laws would prevent the Us from send weapons to someone.

what a bunch of spineless libs. they are literally scared of Russia.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shear Modulus posted:

that changes the calculus of "hunker down at home with the blinds drawn and the lights off and wait for the fighting to stop" vs "get the gently caress into the car and dont sleep until you cross the border" considerably

Hopefully we don’t arrive at “Azov hangs defeatists from lamps posts as Kiev is encircled”

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gorman Thomas posted:

This is unenforceable lol. Has there been any video from the western border?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

vyelkin posted:

this mf said Gulf Stream 2

And I meant it. Nobody give a poo poo about gas pipelines, only planes.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/julianroepcke/status/1496961714113425415?s=21

mykoliav reportedly fallen, now the road to Odessa is open

love how they call it the PUTIN REGIME now lmao.

putin isn't much of a democrat, to be sure, but they only ever do this for the enemies of the US.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Torpor posted:

Biden thinks he can’t send weapons to a country that is defending itself from foreign aggression? because of laws?

this is somehow the first time in American history that laws would prevent the Us from send weapons to someone.

even jimmy carter was like "gently caress it just give them every gun we got"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I like Bon Jovi's version better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXQOTLquiOY

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

volksstrum time

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1496966403605229578

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Torpor posted:

i think it's rational to consider that the russian strategic rocket forces still exist

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Torpor posted:

nah this is just that scene at the end of The Rock where Ed Harris (Biden) is like “We bluffed. they called it. the mission is over.”

and Nancy Pelosi is gonna introduce some legislation like “who said anything about bluffing, general?”

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Stay safe, Verka! :ohdear:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/sean-penn-ukraine-documentary-russia-invasion-1235189570/ posted:

Sean Penn is on the ground in Ukraine filming a documentary about Russia’s invasion, Vice Studios confirmed. The Oscar-winning actor appeared at a press briefing Thursday in the Ukraine capital of Kyiv listening to government officials speak about the crisis.

The doc is a Vice Studios production in association with Vice World News and Endeavor Content.

Penn last visited Ukraine in November 2021 and started preparing for his documentary by visiting with the country’s military. Photos of Penn’s November trip were released at the time by the Ukrainian Joint Forces Operation Press Service.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He’s turning into Chris Penn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sean is on a mission to extract louis ck