Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Pretty sure consistently invading countries that don't want you there and claiming sections of said countries for your own nation's benefit is imperialism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Reik posted:

Go stalk my twitter some more you loving weirdo

…what?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t think the Ukrainians can defeat breakthroughs in detail because a military handing out rifles to civilians and preventing all military age males from fleeing is not also coordinating an effective mobile defence and moving forces between different areas under constant air and artillery fire seamlessly.

The force ratio is whack, I’ll say that.

Yeah, I don’t know how much military use is going to happen from it beyond just adding general chaos into the mix. Also, it is going to take time to take random guys off the street and make them in any way usable as soldiers, not like literally 48 hours.

————

I would say the only way this thing works out is through regime change essentially, and maybe it won’t necessarily be unconditional surrender but the Kremlin will demand a way to shape the next government one way or another.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm honestly just confused about leftists who give a poo poo about either side in a war that's not class war.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

TipTow posted:

So NATO is off-limits in the DnD thread (unless you're thirsting for their weapons) and if you say anything even remotely critical of Russia in here you get dogpiled by a bunch of tryhard doompilled retards

Is there anywhere on this godforsaken site to discuss the war with people who aren't brain damaged?

If you aren't brain damaged you realise that this is horrible and will lead to people dying.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

TipTow posted:

So NATO is off-limits in the DnD thread (unless you're thirsting for their weapons) and if you say anything even remotely critical of Russia in here you get dogpiled by a bunch of tryhard doompilled retards

Is there anywhere on this godforsaken site to discuss the war with people who aren't brain damaged?

gbs

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

PhilippAchtel posted:

Yeah, let's do that, because you're the one who asked what the alternative for Ukraine's leadership was. And I gave you an answer.

I was replying to not you in that post, though?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Then every country that has ever invaded another (all of them) are empires and then the word has no meaning

Which isn't to say that Russia isn't an empire just that it requires a bit more nuance than that.

That's fair, Russia is definitely invading in order to increase their global position.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

TipTow posted:

if you're still on this forum in 2022 you have brain damage

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

TipTow posted:

buddy were all brain damaged in here

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

papersack posted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TipTow posted:

i dunno, try FYAD?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i ate at a ukraine place once and it was good.... i also ate at a russian place and that was good.... i dunno what to think

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TipTow posted:

starting the countdown now

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Bet that Louis CK show is gonna be absolutely nutty.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

papersack posted:

yeah as soon as I hit submit I was like "oh whoops"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

TipTow posted:

everyone who posts on something awful is brain damaged including you

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

only 45 minutes left until the bombing of Kyiv supposedly begins

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lmfao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

TipTow posted:

Hrmm
Let me test this

Putin is an addled strongman desperately clutching at relevance and his country's long gone glory days as his body and mind deteriorate.

And the US and NATO served him up Ukraine like a slice of prime rib at Golden Corral

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

only 45 minutes left until the bombing of Kyiv supposedly begins

you have a source for this?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Before you hit the quote/reply button. I am not smug over this post

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How's the invasion going?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Def invasion going on guys we cant let up!

(Supervisors at the DoD sending an email to their employees that they may be furlough because a budget hasnt been passed and they are still operating from continuing resolutions)

Al-Saqr posted:

i mean yeah but it’s a country of 44 million any Russian invasion would automatically turn into a nightmare quagmire for the Russians especially if they only have 120k troops for it, they will absolutely lose out big time in the long run. either ways the invasion won’t happen but still.

Conspiratiorist posted:

They can skip the insurgency issue by limiting their territorial goals to parts of Eastern Ukraine.

And importantly, because the idea of a wider invasion has been hysterically presented to the Western public as a virtual certainty, opting to not commit to a large-scale invasion that they wouldn't want to deal with in the first place is a bargaining chip on their side of the table while brokering terms.

pissinthewind posted:

im getting reports from the frontlines
the invasion begun it has

Majorian posted:

He's gonna cry such lil' tears when there turns out not to be an invasion, much less nuclear armageddon.

synapse posted:

President Joe Biden needs to come out and firmly make the Russian Invasion of Ukraine one of his campaign promises to ensure it does not happen.

Breakfast All Day posted:

thanks to marianne for keeping putin's invasion forces out of the astral plane

wolfs posted:

I’m not an artillerist like some others in the thread but are the size of the Donetsk and Luhansk Republics such that Russian artillery (safely in Russia) can shoot into them with impunity if Ukrainian forces advance?

also how has the US been defining invasion and stuff lately

slash

have Russian troops not been in Donetsk/Luhansk this entire 8 or so years??

sexpig by night posted:

have you considered maybe there is no invasion and you're just a loving rube

R. Guyovich posted:

they were never going to invade

I hope (but really loving doubt) that some of you can get some introspective of how wrong you were.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1497002598737530881?s=20&t=r3LMf33hrEGU9D6SnkKHoQ

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TipTow posted:

its me, the guy who keeps getting dogpiled for criticizing russia in this thread

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And the US and NATO served him up Ukraine like a slice of prime rib at Golden Corral

lol they really did, absolutely zero support on the ground as they're getting destroyed

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

My bad, I got you and Jose mixed up. Sorry about that.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TipTow posted:

Maybe just stop posting.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
what's an 225m

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Budzilla posted:

I hope (but really loving doubt) that some of you can get some introspective of how wrong you were.

Pretty sure multiple mods said NOT to do this.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

you have a source for this?

I think it was a rumor/was put out there by Ukraine MoD that it would start at 3 AM

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Budzilla posted:

i did and now im pro-nato/nazi. :thanks:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Reik posted:

That's fair, Russia is definitely invading in order to increase their global position.

Whaaat? You mean its not because Putin is an addled strongman desperately clutching at relevance and his country's long gone glory days as his body and mind deteriorates? There's a valid geopolitical objective???

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/24/putin-military-success-ukraine-invasion-riskiest-yet/

[ironicat steadily expanding until it blots out the sun]

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Zurtilik posted:

Pretty sure multiple mods said NOT to do this.

Why

if you don't wanna get called out for being wrong don't be a smug rear end in a top hat about it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Budzilla posted:

:laugh:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

This one was pretty funny though. You have to admit that.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Whaaat? You mean its not because Putin is an addled strongman desperately clutching at relevance and his country's long gone glory days as his body and mind deteriorates?

wtf he's 69 years old that's peak age right there

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

wtf he's 69 years old that's peak age right there

I've seen that man play hockey he's got another 69 years in him at this rate

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Why

if you don't wanna get called out for being wrong don't be a smug rear end in a top hat about it

Because people are using a tragedy to own their posting enemies?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Budzilla posted:

Even though I have been wrong I am not sure why you picked an unrelated post where I am correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So does Putin have an endgame here? I can't imagine neutral disarmament is going to be an option for Ukraine after this (even if they promise it in the short term). So are the Russians going to go for a regime change instead?