Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

camoseven posted:

no i won't believe this is real, sorry

wouldn't be the first time AP has mentioned NFT drops and i absolutely believe there is somebody ghoulish enough out there to "mint" this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PawParole posted:

Donbass is like Harry Potter, who was abused by the Dursleys (Ukraine) for many years. And finally, he received a letter from Hogwarts (Russia), in which Dumbledore (Putin) recognizes him as a wizard (Russian) and sends Hagrid (the Russian army) after him.

They need to teach this in international policy classes.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thoughts on the new Chapo?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

TipTow posted:

So NATO is off-limits in the DnD thread (unless you're thirsting for their weapons) and if you say anything even remotely critical of Russia in here you get dogpiled by a bunch of tryhard doompilled retards

Is there anywhere on this godforsaken site to discuss the war with people who aren't brain damaged?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Please don't use ableist slurs in cspam. My cousin is retarded.

He got domed by the Russians fighting for the azov battalion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

vyelkin posted:

thank u for this it all makes sense now

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

White

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

haha what a fuckun loser idiot

wait the low score wins here, right?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Torpor posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1496953514387464196

Biden thinks he can’t send weapons to a country that is defending itself from foreign aggression? because of laws?

this is somehow the first time in American history that laws would prevent the Us from send weapons to someone.

what a bunch of spineless libs. they are literally scared of Russia.

im having trouble parsing how sending the ukrainians weapons now is escalatory but sending them weapons for the few months before the invasion actually happened was just a nothingburger russia was being whiny about

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chapo check

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Hello

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

a bunch of white guys make vaguely funny snarky comments and highly specific pop culture references while performing vaguely marxist but mostly just milquetoast left analysis?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

shirts and skins posted:

Max Boot AND David Frum with this take, now!

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1496967376486686730

It's so affirming to see people learn from their own mistakes

This man walking free fills me with a deep loathing

A million dead Iraqis wasn't enough, he wants a million dead ukrainians too

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

frankenfreak posted:

They didn't give Ukraine any of those, though?

I will definitely believe they gave Ukraine swords and bows to fight Russia with

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Some Guy TT posted:

im having trouble parsing how sending the ukrainians weapons now is escalatory but sending them weapons for the few months before the invasion actually happened was just a nothingburger russia was being whiny about

Russia called their bluff.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

pathetic

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Please don't use ableist slurs in cspam. My cousin is retarded.

He got domed by the Russians fighting for the azov battalion.

Heroyam Slava

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

listen to cumtown clips on youtube like an adult

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ukraine is Luke Skywalker, Russia is the Emperor, and NATO Darth Vader but the good version from the end of return of the Jedi. Poland is Han Solo, Chewbacca is Germany (kind of useless but would be cool if they did something for a change), and England is Princess Leia because they're important but also into some freaky inbred kissing.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

oscarthewilde posted:

a bunch of white guys make vaguely funny snarky comments and highly specific pop culture references while performing vaguely marxist but mostly just milquetoast left analysis?

but enough about disco elysium

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

Ukraine is Luke Skywalker, Russia is the Emperor, and NATO Darth Vader but the good version from the end of return of the Jedi. Poland is Han Solo, Chewbacca is Germany (kind of useless but would be cool if they did something for a change), and England is Princess Leia because they're important but also into some freaky inbred kissing.

The US is Jabba de Hutt, and not the slim, sporty one in the re-release of a new hope but the real fat loving slob in return of the jedi.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ardennes posted:

There were arms build ups before, this one was larger but that on its own isn’t enough. I would say Putin’s intentions were only clear later.

Granted, I am not surprised the Russians would be willing to take losses for a political objective and I thought the mud thing was kind of dumb. I mean Ukraine isn’t just a giant mud pile or just a sheet of ice or whatever.
It is more “is he going to pull the trigger or not” and the quality of US intelligence was generally very poor, so no one knew really what believe until he was about to pull the trigger.

It was quite a bluff to be sure since it is kind of an insane conflict when you get down to it.

Pretty much

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

I'm worf

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i dont understand why you all are even here is discussion of the ukraine crisis in your own threads really so godawful that youd rather talk about it with us tankies instead

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yeah that makes sense

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PawParole posted:

PawParole posted:

The US is Jabba de Hutt, and not the slim, sporty one in the re-release of a new hope but the real fat loving slob in return of the jedi.

thank you

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Love Stole the Day posted:

but enough about disco elysium

GOTY update patched out their voiceovers thou

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Reddit is having a normal one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

guidoanselmi posted:

GOTY update patched out their voiceovers thou

good they sucked

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh were doing star wars? i got a good one putin is han solo and zelensky is greedo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

Yeah it seemed like Ukraine/NATO just flipped the table yesterday so I dunno what was left to haggle over. No NS2, no minsk 2, and nato membership non negotiable.

I know Zelensky was in a difficult position since he'd face coup/assassination so he may have had his eyes more on domestic politics and thought this could blow over.

Zelensky’s big issue is that he was elected as a moderate, and once he couldn’t follow through on Minsk 2, his popularity became to erode. If anything the more he pushed toward the nationalist side, the more his popularity suffered because a healthy chunk of his supporters were Russian speaking. Ukrainian neutrality really can’t last because there is too much internal/external pressure to end it even though most of the population would probably prefer it.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

PawParole posted:

Donbass is like Harry Potter, who was abused by the Dursleys (Ukraine) for many years. And finally, he received a letter from Hogwarts (Russia), in which Dumbledore (Putin) recognizes him as a wizard (Russian) and sends Hagrid (the Russian army) after him.

Wow I never thought of it like this, now that you put characters I know and love in these situations I can have some empathy. Bless

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TheMightyBoops posted:

they’re going to prove to us all that they can stop the reaction by throwing more boron and sand on it.

Nobody does it like molten boron

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

So what's the status of front? Doesn't seem like Russia will roll over the country in 48 hours anymore

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

In hindsight, a lot of the certainty in US statements seems pretty loving ominous in terms of knowing what would happen when time expired and letting it get there deliberately.

This is why the great man bullshit flowing around Putin's diseases or posture or birth sign is silly. Russian's position is incredibly clear. Nato bad, pipeline good, and donbass settled. Don't drag into moral lenses on those objectives good or bad but it's all straightforward. Putin's personality is irrelevant.

On the other hand, what is the US objective behind the last month? Did they actually think their position strong enough that Putin would hesitate to invade even though the US clearly stated they wouldn't stop it? Did they intentionally want Russia to invade so they could open up a proxy conflict? I dunno

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont understand why you all are even here is discussion of the ukraine crisis in your own threads really so godawful that youd rather talk about it with us tankies instead

I'm just here for your av tbh

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Torpor posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1496953514387464196

Biden thinks he can’t send weapons to a country that is defending itself from foreign aggression? because of laws?

this is somehow the first time in American history that laws would prevent the Us from send weapons to someone.

what a bunch of spineless libs. they are literally scared of Russia.

Libs have been jerking off for the last few weeks over finally getting revenge on Russia for 2016, turning Ukraine into a second Afghanistan etc and it all comes to this? Lmfao what a bunch of spineless losers

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

Reddit is having a normal one

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lumpentroll posted: