Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

everyone was bullshitting about russia invading ukraine but then putin decides to invade anyway because he interpreted the bullshitting as a sign of weakness is an extremely funny if horrifying direction for this to have gone

ironically if the American media hadn't been losing its poo poo for the last month Biden wouldn't have had to comment over and over he wouldn't intervene militarily. Such a weird thing to want to shout, "the Russians are going to invade!!" while also saying "not that we'd do anything about it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

please don't do that.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

GIRL BRAINS posted:

You should kiss em both on the lips

Can't, I have covid

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CODChimera posted:

please don't do that.

Yeah otherwise he will death threat you in PM's

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Danann posted:

we would have to actually do diplomacy instead of act like its the end of history where we can do whatever we want and get away with it to loud praise by the punditry

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1497015303284346883

oopsie

this account just tweets anything lol

fake as hell

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1497019592891375620?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNXgknozyhw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i would simply not gently caress around the nuclear meltdown

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

CaptainACAB posted:

oh i wanted to post the Only Correct Take here, since i see everyone losing it in the forest:

The only reason this is happening is because the USSR was illegally dissolved against the will of it's people. The CPSU is the legitimate government of both the illegally occupied Ukranian SSR and the illegally occupied Russian SFSR. It was never defeated in a free or fair election, but was overthrown in a CIA and IMF backed bandit coup.

Putin represents those same bandits who destroyed the greatest workers' state that has ever existed, immiserated it's people, looted their society and cast them into darkness and warfare where previously there was peace and prosperity. Soviet brothers are now forced to kill each other when they once lived in harmony. This does not, of course, mean that we should side with the IMF backed Ukranian fascists and liberals, as they represent nothing more than another faction of bandits.

What we should support, instead, is the withdrawl of BOTH illegal occupation forces and a return of the country to it's legitimate government, which is the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1496987871756304385

Dunno how close to totally accurate the details are but it sounds pretty plausible on how that airfield battle went. Basically the helicopters took a bunch of losses on approach and then anti-air kept transports full of reinforcements from being able to land. After that, matter of time and bringing enough firepower in to dislodge and destroy the Russian force.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dorks

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

paul_soccer12 posted:

Can't, I have covid

Free week off work for both of them big wins all around

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
delivering the lmaos as always

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol nanosieverts

0.000065 runtgens. Not great, not terrible.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ngl telling a warship about to shell your tiny island to go gently caress themselves is pretty loving metal, respect to those dudes

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

This might just (“just”) be the result of tanks and vehicles tearing up topsoil that hasn’t been touched since the meltdown. It’s not enough radiation to kill your if you’re just passing though, but inhaling the dust will probably lead to lung cancer down the road.

I would hope their NBC systems are functioning

It seems like the hardest fighting and where the Russians have taken more losses is around Sumy, beside the Kiev airport. I would say the issue for the Ukrainians is still the south, and the issue for Ukraine is they can’t be everywhere at once.

Going back to before, the course of the war has made sense. The Russians took out most of the air defense and the Ukrainian Air Force, but the Ukraine still has a rather large army with some modern equipment and not all of it is going to be a push over. They can still give a bloody nose to advancing troops, the problem is going to be mobility especially if they remain out of position.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 02:39 on Feb 25, 2022

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Vernii posted:

Turns out last night was a ton of rumor mill stuff + disinfo campaigns. The Russians are doing well in the south but advance seems fairly slow elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/666_mancer

NSFW twitter but this one has been posting a bunch of combat/post-combat pics and videos and there's a lot more dead russians and destroyed/abandoned russian vehicles than i'd expect. That white striping is really useful for telling the two sides apart.

Revenge of the mud??

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Dreylad posted:

The Three N-Word Problem

https://twitter.com/geraldbullvevo/status/1497015626421866511?s=20&t=m17JKv5lonr7UXQoWDLaUA

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Varinn posted:

this account just tweets anything lol

fake as hell

This is what Ukraine looked like last night according to that account

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vernii posted:

Dunno how close to totally accurate the details are but it sounds pretty plausible on how that airfield battle went. Basically the helicopters took a bunch of losses on approach and then anti-air kept transports full of reinforcements from being able to land. After that, matter of time and bringing enough firepower in to dislodge and destroy the Russian force.

how the hell does Ukraine still have planes in the air?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no the cspam guy was on a date with a girl!!!! Noo!!!!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mister Bates posted:

this is bullshit because if that had happened you'd be seeing numbers much, much higher than that

also there's sensors only a few hundred meters away which are showing numbers orders of magnitude lower

my guess is that it's actually dust being kicked up by all the tanks driving around, or from explosions - there's still a lot of radioactive poo poo hanging around in the topsoil around there, it's why you're not supposed to drag your feet on the ground when walking around there. the vibration also might have dislodged some debris inside the sarcophagus, kicking up dust into the air inside

what if the monitor only goes up to 65k and you're doing the "not great, not terrible" thing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

FuzzySlippers posted:

ironically if the American media hadn't been losing its poo poo for the last month Biden wouldn't have had to comment over and over he wouldn't intervene militarily. Such a weird thing to want to shout, "the Russians are going to invade!!" while also saying "not that we'd do anything about it"

yeah like the US has been taking the dumbest possible route here- hype up a war in an incredibly unconvincing manner, while also refusing to negotiate at all, and then wash our hands as soon as it starts?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Vernii posted:

the ghost of kyiv strikes again, single-handedly pushing back the advancing russian forces! sources tell me he's now up to a kill score of 4 MiG-29s, 7 Su-25s, 20 Su-57s, 2 IL-2s, and 1 Me-163

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

yeah the units may put up a fight initially but lack of mobile defense and ammunition problems will doom them

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

paul_soccer12 posted:

Missed your chance IDIOT

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

the ghost of kyiv strikes again, single-handedly pushing back the advancing russian forces! sources tell me he's now up to a kill score of 4 MiG-29s, 7 Su-25s, 20 Su-57s, 2 IL-2s, and 1 Me-163

woah what’s his username

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CODChimera posted:

they've only ever had one, but it's the ghost of kyiv

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

Can't, I have covid

Wear a mask

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

paul asking the cspam guy what his username is

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

CODChimera posted:

airfields are actually really hard to take out because craters can be quickly paved over + a lot of highways can be used as runways in a pinch and russian made jets are a little more maintenance forgiving than American jets

+ its a big country so the russians may not have been able to hit all the airfields anyway

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the location of that sensor, according to the map, is literally the sarcophagus

I suppose that qualifies as a nuclear waste storage facility

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Budzilla posted:

Before you hit the quote/reply button. I am not smug over this post

I hope (but really loving doubt) that some of you can get some introspective of how wrong you were.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bullshit probe.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

if only I had a woman to tediously explain the failures of American policy to...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vernii posted:

airfields are actually really hard to take out because craters can be quickly paved over + a lot of highways can be used as runways in a pinch and russian made jets are a little more maintenance forgiving than American jets

+ its a big country so the russians may not have been able to hit all the airfields anyway

Some of the Maxar photos of Ukrainian airfields posted today looks pretty benign, a few scorch marks from cruise missiles and maybe a single ammo dump destroyed but the complex as a whole were more or less intact. Those pics of the two burnt out SU-25s were the only aircraft damaged according to satellite photos.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

more seriously does anyone know of coverage of Russian antiwar activism rn? Saw some tweets but idk if there's a good writeup

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
What happened with the airport?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Vernii posted:

Guess the coup de main didn't pan out. Is this war gonna last for weeks now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLh8FtBTP7c

Air raid sirens on kiev live stream right now.

edit: fake

Danann has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Feb 25, 2022