Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

HolePisser1982 posted:

the messages on the ground near some of the mindblowing vistas in this game that just say “Amazing Elden Ring” are the realest poo poo ever

and the guy whos leaving messages saying “Dog.” by animals that are absolutely not dogs is fuckin cracking me up

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
saying "pet the doggo" beside all the horses in the game and getting infinite health forever

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

the messages on the ground near some of the mindblowing vistas in this game that just say “Amazing Elden Ring” are the realest poo poo ever

and the guy whos leaving messages saying “Dog.” by animals that are absolutely not dogs is fuckin cracking me up

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

heehee posted:

saying "pet the doggo" beside all the horses in the game and getting infinite health forever

Snoot ahead, try booping.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

Behold, crab!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

right arm posted:

Lol

Behold, crab!

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
honestly really not sure why youre all so excited to play this

jimmydalad posted:

I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing and I can't tell if I'm just bad or if the game is telling me not to go that way.

Like with Stormfront Gate, am I supposed to fight my way through it or just run through it with my horse?

:psyduck:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Jesus loving Christ do you really have to run around gathering mats in this poo poo. No more loving crafting in games

lunar detritus posted:

Played a bit less than 2 hours. Now to decide if the stuttering is annoying enough to refund it or not.

sigher posted:

Okay, so one button being Dodge AND Sprint is stupid but established but there's literally no secondary bindings unless you put buttons on the mouse instead of Keyboard. Allow me to use Shift for sprinting and Space for dodging. Reaaaally silly controls here. Also F is jump. lol

Shear Modulus posted:

I wasn't reading prerelease coverage at all and maybe everyone already knew this but lmao this is loving dark souls 4. Whyd they even bother changing the name?

deep dish peat moss posted:

One hour in so it's way too early to say for sure but so far I am... kind of disappointed. Lots of things are great but it was very quick to remind me why I don't like open world games - maybe I bought into the hype about how much there was to explore and discover a bit too much but there's really not very much to find.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i want to play so bad. i tried to go to sleep early but i ended up just laying in my bed imagining playing.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

i want to play so bad. i tried to go to sleep early but i ended up just laying in my bed imagining playing.

it was insane to think you could sleep before this came out lol, but i was rooting for you

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

he keeps killing me with his 'destroy framerate' attack

lmao so its not just me
it was worth it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Nearly got swept in the hype and almost bought this to play it for like 4 days before my flight only to have my Elite S2 controller spontaneously break while I was on the store page. Left stick and left trigger are nonfunctional now, I can hear the pieces rattling inside. Guess that decision’s settled lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

finally about to start this. everything about this game sounds like my dream game, the hype levels are astronomical. lets go

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

Games thread is going to be a real mess for a while huh

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

it was insane to think you could sleep before this came out lol, but i was rooting for you

work tomorrow is going to be interesting lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Mine stutters like crazy and there's no way to fix it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nearly got swept in the hype and almost bought this to play it for like 4 days before my flight only to have my Elite S2 controller spontaneously break while I was on the store page. Left stick and left trigger are nonfunctional now, I can hear the pieces rattling inside. Guess that decision’s settled lol

gamer condolences

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Joan posted:

Mine stutters like crazy and there's no way to fix it
There is. It's called buying an Xbox.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

The crafting guy is right.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've been playing for like 2 hours as Wretch and I'm still in the diaper lol. Found some armor for sale but there's too much other poo poo I want to spend my runes on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I spent all my money on recipes so far because crafting is ftw.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Trying to figure out how to get into this castle without going through the front door and ended up in a completely different area. This game is pretty cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

I've been playing for like 2 hours as Wretch and I'm still in the diaper lol.

Okay but what are you wearing in the game 😂

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Coolest game I've ever played.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

I spent all my money on recipes so far because crafting is ftw.

Look I'm gonna buy every limited purchase from the mechants. Doesn't matter whether I need it or not.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

There is. It's called buying an Xbox.

yup

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I want so badly to discuss the things that happen to me in this game without spoiling anything lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Little Demon posted:

I want so badly to discuss the things that happen to me in this game without spoiling anything lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Holy poo poo… just got to the part where Aeris Dies :stare:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
finger but hole

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my friend has texted me a spoiler that has made me so mad to know that i might kill him.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finger but hole

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

finger but hole

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Could someone kindly answer Was there supposed to be a boss at the end of the Tutorial Cave, aside from the knight in the hole and the tough spider that easily killed me? There was a ton of messages saying Tough Enemy up ahead! And a grace sign then I stumbled around at was outside in fake Firelink Shrine

spoilers for the opening cave area i guess.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Could someone kindly answer Was there supposed to be a boss at the end of the Tutorial Cave, aside from the knight in the hole and the tough spider that easily killed me? There was a ton of messages saying Tough Enemy up ahead! And a grace sign then I stumbled around at was outside in fake Firelink Shrine

did you take the key as your starting item?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

this game is bad loving rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

did you take the key as your starting item?

Cheers mate

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just found a cave entrance and got legitimately claustrophobic walking down the corridor waiting to see what was inside.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Just found a cave entrance and got legitimately claustrophobic walking down the corridor waiting to see what was inside.

lol cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think this is really the coolest game I've ever played. So overwhelmed by the amount of stuff everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i found a chest that teleported me to some hosed up cave. now im getting my rear end kicked by these magic crystal headed dudes. ftw