Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

One monarch made a cameo appearance on Star Trek Voyager.

TNG*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Kazzah posted:

That Game Theory guy and a bunch of other twitter libs seriously contended that Russian infiltrators in the Minneapolis PD instigated the killing of George Floyd

Was this a thing they thought at the time or do they still believe this

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

quote:

An acknowledged fan of Star Trek, King Abdullah (then a prince) appeared as an uncredited extra in the Star Trek: Voyager second season episode "Investigations". Voyager executive producer Jeri Taylor commented, "Take away the title and the trappings, and at the core you have a Star Trek fan." (Star Trek Monthly issue 16)

Abdullah's cameo was arranged as a surprise for him by his US advisor. The prince – who, at the time of his cameo, was thirty-four years old – enthused, "I would have been thrilled just to visit the set but this is too much." After being put into makeup, given pointed sideburns and then fitted for his uniform (a lieutenant of the sciences division), he rehearsed and shot his scene. (TV Guide, 17-23 Feb., p. 26) He appears in the episode's opening scene as a science officer who speaks with Harry Kim as the scene fades in. He was not given any spoken lines, however, because he was not a member of the Screen Actors Guild (now SAG-AFTRA). After filming his cameo, he was crowded by well-wishers, including Robert Picardo, who secretly presented the delighted guest with an autographed picture of himself in his role of The Doctor. (TV Guide, 17-23 Feb., p. 26) Abdullah subsequently gave a party for the Voyager cast. (Star Trek Monthly issue 16) During his time on the Star Trek: Voyager set, Abdullah also invited Robert Picardo and Neelix actor Ethan Phillips to his own country of Jordan, an offer that Phillips took up during the hiatus between Voyager's second and third seasons. (Star Trek Monthly issue 20) Picardo also apparently took up the offer, where upon their arrival, Abdullah "arranged tours of the country's historical monuments, he had also laid on a mini-convention of the programme's fans." [1]

Abdullah was crowned King of Jordan in 1999.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

more falafel please posted:

i understand the argument and he's technically correct under the most monstrous possible interpretation of the law it's just that I don't understand how anyone could want to live in a society with those ideals
Scalia was what happens when you put the rules lawyer from your D&D group on the supreme court and let him run circles around everyone to reach the most repugnant possible decision.

hawowanlawow posted:

Imagine living in America and working in the American justice system and still thinking it's good enough to be trusted to execute anyone
The justice system can't be trusted with matters of life and death, that's why they decided that cops are allowed to murder anyone and enacted Stand Your Ground laws so that white people can murder any non-white person without any questions being asked.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I remember it was Voyager because he wore the terrible turquoise shoulder uniform

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Abdullah_bin_al-Hussein

imagine being stuck on the other side of the galaxy and deciding to keep wearing the ugly rear end uniforms

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The Taliban executing anime body pillows after the Fall of Kabul

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i could have sworn it was a TNG ep. ah well

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

One monarch made a cameo appearance on Star Trek Voyager.

is it Jordan

edit yeah

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I'm going to need more info on this, pronto

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm going to need more info on this, pronto

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

This was an airsoft range in the US with people cosplaying as ISIS
https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/bawq48/when_body_pillows_become_your_worst_enemy/

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

fermun posted:

This was an airsoft range in the US with people cosplaying as ISIS
https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/bawq48/when_body_pillows_become_your_worst_enemy/

lmao goddamnit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its still real to me ;_;

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

i could have sworn it was a TNG ep. ah well

I think the big random cameo from TNG was Mick Fleetwood as a giant fish man.

Voyager seems to be where they shoved cameos people in.

Tom Morello was apparently in an episode lmao

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Iggy Pop is in one or two episodes of DS9 as a Vorta

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

more falafel please posted:

Iggy Pop is in one or two episodes of DS9 as a Vorta

that was just because their makeup person was out sick and he already had the leathery skin needed to play a Vorta

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
When some weird Tory student whose thesis was on Social Darwinism split from the Tory office and went over to UKIP and UKIP hailed it as a major coup and then she left a month later after "discovering" that they were racist.

e: That was 9 years ago, gently caress.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5F8X11h5s

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
This

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i called dad and he said it was my turn to be president

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i called dad and he said it was my turn to be president

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Putting this here now because I'll definitely suddenly remember this at some point:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1497230379807383553

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
there's no good way to clown on it since there's no possible way to satirize it

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
famously pro nato nation, china

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"What is Aleppo?"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Putting this here now because I'll definitely suddenly remember this at some point:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1497230379807383553

i'm rememberin'

and i'm laughin'

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Toph Bei Fong posted:

"What is Aleppo?"

not much what’s aleppo with you? :razz:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when joe bidens eye exploded

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
wahhabi lobby

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Talking about hobby lobby funding isis by buying forged antiquities?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The chapter in World War Z that takes place in Israel.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The chapter in World War Z that takes place in Israel.

I figured the entire book was a metaphor for Palestine.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Proust Malone posted:

I figured the entire book was a metaphor for Palestine.

I think it's intended to be a woke take, because the chapter involves Israel offering full citizenship to Palestinians and fighting the extremest jews who don't agree.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the whitewater scandal

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

president Taft’s home was burgled by serial rapist/killer Carl Panzram to the tune of $40k. Panzram took that money and bought a yacht, which he used to lure sailors out to sea where he raped and robbed them before shooting them in the head with the m1911 he stole from Taft’s mansion. he did all this because Taft was secretary of war when Panzram was sentenced to two years in Leavenworth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RandolphCarter posted:

president Taft’s home was burgled by serial rapist/killer Carl Panzram to the tune of $40k. Panzram took that money and bought a yacht, which he used to lure sailors out to sea where he raped and robbed them before shooting them in the head with the m1911 he stole from Taft’s mansion. he did all this because Taft was secretary of war when Panzram was sentenced to two years in Leavenworth.

:staredog: