Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Looke posted:

He might be a cheeky little rapscallion, but he’s OUR cheeky rapscallion

Now lets get back to the real news, would you let someone use YOUR toilet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Looking forward to Президент Johnson announcing a British peacekeeping mission in the independent nation of Bretagne.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/younglabouruk/status/1497149945123647498?s=21

https://twitter.com/younglabouruk/status/1497149947506012175?s=21

lol, holy poo poo

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

think it was this one?
https://twitter.com/YoungLabourUK/status/1496931421604433921

quote:

Conflict of this sort will also undoubtedly result in the displacement of civilians, and the Labour Party must wholeheartedly call for the support and protection of refugees, of all crises.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
How exactly do you de-escalate an invasion? Besides just giving them Ukraine for keepsies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Borrovan posted:

Well yeah but I'm looking at the ratio here, Putin pulls way worse poo poo but he can get away with it. Johnson pulls exactly as much poo poo as he can get away with (maybe very slightly more), no idea what he'd do if he actually had the power to do more (but I'd guess it'd be a load of sex crimes)

So what you're saying is that they both have a 1:1 ratio of poo poo pulled:poo poo gotten away with?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Comrade posted:

How exactly do you de-escalate an invasion? Besides just giving them Ukraine for keepsies.

Support Russian citizens who are bravely protesting the illegal invasion would be a start.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Does lib screaming with bloodlust for war whilst having no intention of actually participating in said war count as "virtue signalling"?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

More likely this one which could be read as blaming Boris for the war instead of Putin

https://twitter.com/YoungLabourUK/status/1496931422833188870?t=pF7rYfOY7ETuqLbFk2rHMw&s=19

E:

quote:

It is not time for further ratcheting up of tensions. Boris Johnson has done nothing to end this crisis in a peaceful way & has instead continued on a path of warmongering and bellicosity. It is now the responsibility of world leaders to work towards an immediate ceasefire, (5/6)

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Does lib screaming with bloodlust for war whilst having no intention of actually participating in said war count as "virtue signalling"?
Its telling that whenever you ask them if they're going to volunteer they ignore you.

They talk constantly but never do anything. They'll post as if their lives depend on it when it comes to the next election, but they'll never actually go out and campaign.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Putin from all accounts is very intelligent so his evil goals are a lot higher and more dangerous than Johnson who operates more on a basic ID level and who's evil poo poo comes out in what benefits him personally.

Lets not forget that Britain is currently propping up dictatorships and helping them to wage bloody wars against civilians.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

How about we overthrow both rather than do a weird lesser evil comparison between two completely different political systems? No war but class war.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

forkboy84 posted:

Support Russian citizens who are bravely protesting the illegal invasion would be a start.

Putin has been using the line that any protest against him has been Western funded for years. Its been part of the ratcheting up to what we see today. The west actually funding protesters isn't going to de-escalate poo poo.

Not saying its a bad idea, I'm just incredibly annoyed with all this "We need to de-escalate!" talk, but when you ask how you get absolutely no suggestions that would achieve that.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

namesake posted:

How about we overthrow both rather than do a weird lesser evil comparison between two completely different political systems? No war but class war.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

Astonishing developments in the American right wing, seems like a lifetime ago when they renamed French fries and called anyone who was not a psychotic bullet head a traitor.

https://twitter.com/KimIversenShow/status/1497059195199246337?t=5e-bzY8n3jjU-ZKh28a1lw

I never knew there were that many people in the world who went to Russia, paid sex workers to pee on them and are now being blackmailed with the tapes. But I guess the proof is all these takes coming out since the invasion.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Before probably wisely deciding to log off for a bit, I was going to start doing Joe Glenton's bit of sending these ghouls a link to their local Army recruitment centre and asking if they needed a lift.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bunged a tenner to Dave Nellist's campaign in Erdington earlier.

Labour delenda est.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nice to see someone in the press openly pointing out that Boris is clearly a sociopath. I'm not even being hyperbolic, he has an absolute lack of empathy and a pathological need for stimulation.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

namesake posted:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Nice to see someone in the press openly pointing out that Boris is clearly a sociopath. I'm not even being hyperbolic, he has an absolute lack of empathy and a pathological need for stimulation.

Sure, but adding "... but he's our sociopath!" doesn't help. It especially doesn't help when it comes from John Crace, who has prided himself on finding new and interesting ways to rip on Boris right up to now. Boris doesn't need to be propped up in this time of trial - he needs to be got rid of and replaced with someone competent. Even he knows he can't cope with the position he's in, I think - and certainly he doesn't want to - but through his obvious desire to be the new Churchill it's become impossible for him to step back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The verdict is in; the auld fella in the post office today reckons "that putin is a nasty one isn't he?"

hard to see how he can recover from this tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Boris wants to be Churchill but without any difficult political situations.

But he's already an unfit drunk bigot, so job done I guess.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

Boris wants to be Churchill but without any difficult political situations.

But he's already an unfit drunk bigot, so job done I guess.

I'm pretty confident the only reason Johnson came out strongly in favour of kicking Russia off SWIFT yesterday was because he knew other countries would say no. He'd never be in favour of saying something that might have actual consequences.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure if NATO boots Poland out that nice Mr Putin will see this was all a big misunderstanding.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a shame to me that there is no political will to build an economy that can completely divest from russian involvement indefinitely,. Feels like that would be good for a number of reasons.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

OwlFancier posted:

It is a shame to me that there is no political will to build an economy that can completely divest from russian involvement indefinitely,. Feels like that would be good for a number of reasons.

none of those reasons would personally enrich Tories

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I don’t know about you but I find the character that the wife of one of the most senior members of the government roleplays for The Mail endlessly fascinating

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10549221/SARAH-VINE-did-self-indulgent-West-ignore-warnings-Ukraine.html

Spoiler: of course - you guessed it - it’s all the fault of unisex toilets.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah cool the Mail is going to stop stirring up nonsense divisive culture wars then?

I guess they'll still have the sports pages.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/feb/25/uk-social-media-users-could-get-power-to-block-unverified-accounts

quote:

Social media users could be cut off from other accounts on platforms such as Twitter if they do not sign up for ID verification, under government proposals to tackle anonymous trolls.

Popular services including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will be required to give users the option to opt in or opt out from receiving messages, replies and content from unverified or anonymous accounts. Verified users could also block unverified or anonymous accounts from seeing their content under the opt in/opt out proposals.

This means people or organisations without verified accounts – symbolised by a blue tick on Twitter and Instagram – would be blocked from communicating with, or being seen by, accounts that have opted out from interactions with unverified sources.

etc

They just don't seem to clock that there are plenty of non-troll reasons for having an anonymous accounts, eg whistleblowers, people escaping violence whether domestic or terror (incl. state-sponsored terror and other reasons I can't muster in my brain just now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think they understand that and also think those things are bad.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/feb/25/uk-social-media-users-could-get-power-to-block-unverified-accounts

They just don't seem to clock that there are plenty of non-troll reasons for having an anonymous accounts, eg whistleblowers, people escaping violence whether domestic or terror (incl. state-sponsored terror and other reasons I can't muster in my brain just now.

They know this. They want to commit violence against plebs who criticise then

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyone who wants to be able to talk about having had a poo poo day at work needs to be anonymous if you work for a company that trawls social media for identifiable staff talking about the firm.

Edit: what are the odds (heh) that the 'legal but harmful' stuff mentioned doesn't include gambling?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Plenty of artists and content creators want to remain anonymous or at least pseudonymous, and even if they let you use pseudonyms as long as you verify your identity privately you're still one hack away from being doxxed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is nothing about the british government that makes me think they would not think society improved if you couldn't complain about your job without your boss knowing, you couldn't whistleblow if your company was doing something abhorrent, and you couldn't get away from an abusive partner. Because most of them are rich, doing illegal poo poo with their companies, and probably sex crimes as well.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Not to mention we've been here before and it was stupid and unworkable then.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Anyone who wants to be able to talk about having had a poo poo day at work needs to be anonymous if you work for a company that trawls social media for identifiable staff talking about the firm.

Edit: what are the odds (heh) that the 'legal but harmful' stuff mentioned doesn't include gambling?

Oh yes, one of my friends got caught by that. She is a freelancer and had a public facebook feed and sounded off about her employer on a particular (lucrative) contract. She was terminated with maximum prejudice.

Isomermaid posted:

Plenty of artists and content creators want to remain anonymous or at least pseudonymous, and even if they let you use pseudonyms as long as you verify your identity privately you're still one hack away from being doxxed.

Exactly. Or if you are in one of those rogue terror-states they might demand twitter or whoever release the identity.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/02/24/greater-russia-now-full-spectrum-commodity-superpower-less-vulnerable/

Feel like I learned more about the actual dynamics of what's going on from this than anything else I've seen published. The Telegraph is a surprisingly worthwhile read at the moment, putting out actual analysis of competing national interests rather than liberal shrieking about the bad man.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

peanut- posted:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/02/24/greater-russia-now-full-spectrum-commodity-superpower-less-vulnerable/

Feel like I learned more about the actual dynamics of what's going on from this than anything else I've seen published. The Telegraph is a surprisingly worthwhile read at the moment, putting out actual analysis of competing national interests rather than liberal shrieking about the bad man.

Counterpoint : The Telegraph is a shitrag written by cunts, for cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
As long as we're not forced to register our accounts here, forcing me to own my terrible posts and questionable Photoshop thread entries...