Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

for some reason i've seen a lot of people theorizing that genshin might collab with, of all loving things, fortnite. (in the 'genshin is put in fortnite' way, not. not the other way around.) and while there's no way in hell that will happen, i do think it'd be very funny if it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I mean, you never know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they put naruto in fortnite, anything is possible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

they put the 'I have a Dream speech in fortnite, anything is possible :negative:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

if they did put genshin in fortnite what character do you think would be the funniest to be the skin representation. im personally leaning bennett but there's a lot of funny options

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

they put naruto in fortnite, anything is possible

They put Kelsier (from the mistborn books) in Fortnite too, who wouldn't they put in?

Zhongli would be a funny one. If Fortnite doesn't already have mechanics for ignoring all damage and then summoning a petrifying meteor, then it will soon.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Clearly it should be Qiqi. She'd be as unwelcome a sudden appearance there as she is in Genshin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would say Sayu.

But it should be Fischl or Keqing for consistency.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
6* Colonel Sanders when?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mix. posted:

if they did put genshin in fortnite what character do you think would be the funniest to be the skin representation. im personally leaning bennett but there's a lot of funny options

Childe would love it there

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lobsterpillar posted:

They put Kelsier (from the mistborn books) in Fortnite too, who wouldn't they put in?

I mean, that’s just because Sanderson is neighbors/friends with one of the main Fortnite devs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AG3 posted:

Clearly it should be Qiqi. She'd be as unwelcome a sudden appearance there as she is in Genshin.

Qiqi is cool

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

6* Colonel Sanders when?

My new main has arrived.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Let me upgrade 4* characters to 5*! :argh:

You don't have Bennet's C1/C2 yet IIRC, so you'll be able to upgrade at least 4* to 5*!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae update: she's not so bad.

I was getting grumped up because my Sucrose taser squad was less powerful when I put Yae on the team. I had assumed that Yae could replace Beidou and the team would be more effective against single targets, and it wasn't working out. I went back and changed Sucrose' weapon from Sacrificial Fragments to an R5 Hakushin Ring. Sucrose now does less damage when she's on-field, but the damage buff for everyone else makes up for it. Yae has now achieved Beidou side-grade status. This is pretty impressive considering that my Beidou is C6 with a crowned burst.

Also, I was running this team against the PMA in Abyss 12-1-1, because I thought it would be the perfect situation for Yae to outperform Beidou. After some practice, it seems like it really isn't such a bad match-up for Beidou. The PMA hands out plenty of opportunities for Beidou to land full counters, and Yae can't target the right robot in phase 2.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yae update: she's not so bad.

I was getting grumped up because my Sucrose taser squad was less powerful when I put Yae on the team. I had assumed that Yae could replace Beidou and the team would be more effective against single targets, and it wasn't working out. I went back and changed Sucrose' weapon from Sacrificial Fragments to an R5 Hakushin Ring. Sucrose now does less damage when she's on-field, but the damage buff for everyone else makes up for it. Yae has now achieved Beidou side-grade status. This is pretty impressive considering that my Beidou is C6 with a crowned burst.

Also, I was running this team against the PMA in Abyss 12-1-1, because I thought it would be the perfect situation for Yae to outperform Beidou. After some practice, it seems like it really isn't such a bad match-up for Beidou. The PMA hands out plenty of opportunities for Beidou to land full counters, and Yae can't target the right robot in phase 2.

I've landed on a similar sucrose/yae comp. Sucrose with hakishin ring, fischl with mille set and kokomi with prototype amber. With Fischl, proto amber extra energy and 50% extra ER I can use yae ult on cooldown and still have very solid stats. Compared to beidou version of that team, you get less aoe damage but better single target and it works great in the boss heavy abyss we often have.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Mix. posted:

for some reason i've seen a lot of people theorizing that genshin might collab with, of all loving things, fortnite. (in the 'genshin is put in fortnite' way, not. not the other way around.) and while there's no way in hell that will happen, i do think it'd be very funny if it did

It wouldn’t be unheard of, they’ve done crossovers with a bunch of companies. but the reason I doubt it will happen is they shuttered the Chinese FN servers late last year

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah replacing beidou with yae is mostly where ive been using her.

yae felt a bit fragile at a few points while doing abyss and i kinda wish we had a shield team she fit into a bit more gracefully. i saw a video of someone using noelle/geomc/yae/fishl for floor 12 which might be a fun thing to try, though probably not going to set the meta on fire.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

AParadox posted:

I've landed on a similar sucrose/yae comp. Sucrose with hakishin ring, fischl with mille set and kokomi with prototype amber. With Fischl, proto amber extra energy and 50% extra ER I can use yae ult on cooldown and still have very solid stats. Compared to beidou version of that team, you get less aoe damage but better single target and it works great in the boss heavy abyss we often have.

ToTM goes on Yae, not Fischl. Unlike Fischl, Yae's turrets don't snapshot, so she herself gets the full 20% atk with 100% uptime. Also, I don't think proto amber regens energy for the team???

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I’m 99% sure prototype amber is flat energy for the caster, the healing part is for the entire team and factors in the user’s heal%

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Ayato with C6 Fish and the Shogun seem like an electro machine gun
Try with barbara it's amazing. I use that for taser comp because I have no sucrose

Just don't run into any elemental shields that are electro or hydro or cryo. Oh that's most things :smith:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

ToTM goes on Yae, not Fischl. Unlike Fischl, Yae's turrets don't snapshot, so she herself gets the full 20% atk with 100% uptime. Also, I don't think proto amber regens energy for the team???

I use 2p eosf/ 2 shim so I have enough energy recharge without tanking my stats to much while fish can use a pure damage mille set with 0 ER and still do fine. That mille set would not work on yae and to get the same ER amount on a mille I will have to crater her damage, to get fishl a 20% atk buff.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

AParadox posted:

I use 2p eosf/ 2 shim so I have enough energy recharge without tanking my stats to much while fish can use a pure damage mille set with 0 ER and still do fine. That mille set would not work on yae and to get the same ER amount on a mille I will have to crater her damage, to get fishl a 20% atk buff.

Understandable, have a nice day

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The latest survey's questions are broader than most, it's asking about what kinds of things you find fun and general complains about the game. It specifically mentions the time it takes to collect upgrade materials, how boring it is to repeatedly run domains and the grind required to collect artifacts

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

bandaid.friend posted:

The latest survey's questions are broader than most, it's asking about what kinds of things you find fun and general complains about the game. It specifically mentions the time it takes to collect upgrade materials, how boring it is to repeatedly run domains and the grind required to collect artifacts

I found collecting Ittos upgrade materials quite fun, they weren't easy to find but the idea that he was just collecting them to run a beetle fight club was fun. Also Itto is fun to play.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Maybe my brain is broken but I actually enjoy collecting the materials that are out in the world, whether they are flowers or drops from mobs. Doing the same domain over and over and over while, saaay, stamina is drained, can go gently caress itself though.

e: VVV also the bosses yeah

valuum fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 25, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

depends on the material. itto's are fun cause hes the only one that really uses them and there's a decent amount of them, theyre just a bit of a hunt. something like doing the spinny electric bird boss 5 billion times if you wanna level both sara and raiden can go gently caress itself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

edit: also i honestly like the rng aspect of seeing how good an artifact i get/seeing if it hits the stats i want but i dont like how insanely unlucky it is to get, say, a cyro dmg blizzard strayer goblet with actually decent stats. i think if there was some limited resource you could get via a small daily quest that let you guarantee a specific piece of equipment would drop, itd go a long way. like nothing crazy just 'a blizzard strayer goblet will drop.' still whatever random main stat and sub stats. i dont think thisd really reduce the grind that much but itd do a lot to make it less frustrating.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I hate randomized gear stats just in general, so I won't comment on that in particular, but I'm actually kind of wondering how important it is for this game to use gacha grinding mechanics (stamina, etc) in the first place?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

I hate randomized gear stats just in general, so I won't comment on that in particular, but I'm actually kind of wondering how important it is for this game to use gacha grinding mechanics (stamina, etc) in the first place?

extremely, cause thats how they get people to log in every day so they dont 'waste it.' if you log in every day youre more likely to roll. if you could just grind stuff out as much as you wanted people would just grind every character they have out, get bored, and stop playing until the next continent drop or whatever.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

depends on the material. itto's are fun cause hes the only one that really uses them and there's a decent amount of them, theyre just a bit of a hunt. something like doing the spinny electric bird boss 5 billion times if you wanna level both sara and raiden can go gently caress itself

I'm not sure which boss I hate fighting more, that bird or the Oceanid

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm not sure which boss I hate fighting more, that bird or the Oceanid

lol, this post is crazy to me. oceanid is the worst boss in the game, but electro bird is pretty good. the most important thing is no drat iframes or phases. hits like a truck, but that makes it fun. I love teleporting in with ganyu melt and seeing it melt away. I also enjoy the new raiden weekly fight, although she always kills my character because i never bring an electro unit to break that crystal thing.

imo i frames make boss fights so tedious, and oceanid is probably the worst in that regard. I also like the batheysmal vishaps. Hitting hard is totally fine if I'm allowed to hit back.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I like both.
Electro-bird is nice with Yoimiya. Yanfei, Ningguang, Aloy or physical Fischl aren't too bad either in my experience. Anything ranged that isn't electro basically.
Lisa or cryo damage dealers clown on the Oceanid.

The one boss I can't stand is Perpetual Mechanical Array, because the weird adds phase can be annoying and you're not actually dealing damage to the boss during it.

Generally I want bosses to give me a reason to try something different. Both Thunder Manifestation and Oceanid do that.
I don't know what Perpetual Mechanical Array wants me to do or expects me to do. And it isn't interesting.

I haven't had to fight Maguu Kenki since the archipelago, but he kinda sucks too.
Endlessly just dashes away and has a mechanic to block ranged hits. The only thing that actually stops him from running away every few seconds is the Geo travellers burst.
Which, granted, is cute. But a bit too unreliable, unfortunately.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The worst thing a boss can do (or normal enemy I guess) is jump to other side of the room. Running around trying to catch up just isn't fun! Actually more generally speaking I'd say that you just walk too slowly in this game.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Doubly so if you're using a carry that needs stamina for their regular damage rotation.

Another reason to never take Sayu off your team, really.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Clarste posted:

The worst thing a boss can do (or normal enemy I guess) is jump to other side of the room. Running around trying to catch up just isn't fun! Actually more generally speaking I'd say that you just walk too slowly in this game.

Signora is the only fight that sometimes still gives me trouble when she decides to teleport around constantly in her second phase while I burn to death. Sometimes actually makes me put on my healing tool :argh:

Electric bird has always been easy with klee

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Endorph posted:

extremely, cause thats how they get people to log in every day so they dont 'waste it.' if you log in every day youre more likely to roll. if you could just grind stuff out as much as you wanted people would just grind every character they have out, get bored, and stop playing until the next continent drop or whatever.

What I don't understand though is the stamina cap/refresh rates. Most gacha games seem to require logging in twice a day to use all your stamina and it's hard to believe that drives much more engagement / less churn than logging in once a day.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The worst parts for me or running around collecting local specialties. That and grinding talent books.

Everything is is varying levels of good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redmark posted:

What I don't understand though is the stamina cap/refresh rates. Most gacha games seem to require logging in twice a day to use all your stamina and it's hard to believe that drives much more engagement / less churn than logging in once a day.
its less about getting you to log in twice a day and more about getting you to really want to log in at least once. most players arent gonna look up the exact stamina refresh rate theyll just sort of intuit how fast it fills up over regular play. if you dont ram up against that cap as hard then the fomo of not doing your dailies or whatever doesnt hit as hard. if the cap was higher, less worry.

genshin is designed so that in 24 hours of no play you only very, very slightly overcap. you get 180 per day. literally just enough to miss out on one 20 resin activity if you dont play for a single day. not so punishing that if you do miss you'll lose motivation, but enough that you'll feel the itch to log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mordiceius posted:

The worst parts for me or running around collecting local specialties. That and grinding talent books.

Everything is is varying levels of good.
Talent books are insane.... they really should have a different enemy layout for each talent book type at max level (the different days already have different names!) Or make them all as easy as Taishan mansion. Using these crowns they keep giving out takes so much time.