Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I did it, I'm free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm thinking you can game Settlement Transfers by reloading a few times or doing almost anything slightly differently and reloading a few times. Like reload 4 times, get hit by Transfer each time, wonder what I can do to affect this bullshit RNG, reload and do a nonsense NAP with some weenie faction far away, end turn and the Transfer doesn't happen.

A cheesy possibility until modding lets me banish this bullshit. Pushing Northwest going better as Nurgle than last time, just got an interest free loan from Slaanesh.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Skarbrand is my friend in this Nurgle campaign even though we have been at war for most of it (my fault) That’s just how you know he likes you. He has helpfully killed N’Kari, we’re on realm trip #3 and he still has not once entered the chaos realms and we are about to turn Kislev into a thunder dome. Well, he’s already there, I’m gonna go join him.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finished up as Ku'gath, and I gotta say the last battle is a lot less hectic when all your troops are absolute units with gigantic health pools. You just sorta grind everything down. Everyone's having a lovely time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alctel posted:

I finished my first campaign (Kislev) on N/N

Man the big bad dude loves soulgrinders hey

Well you are fighting in the Forge of Souls where Soul Grinders come from.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Welp I was enjoying my Kislev campaign but now it's hanging on the Orthodoxy's turn every time I end mine. Guess I'll wait for some more patching

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I, Nurgle, am about to fight a siege on an orc settlement as reinforcements for my skaven buddies with my norsca army that I borrowed in tow. Peak warhammer.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also, gotta say, Crumbling Ague is, like, THE plague. I mean the plague mechanic is a lot of fun and I was making GBS threads plagues all over the place for the entire game, but holy poo poo could they stack Crumbling Ague any harder? Huge replenishment buff AND vanguard deployment for the entire army? AND it causes attrition to your enemies? AND I can instantly refresh it (assuming I have enough infections, which I always do) at will?

Hooooly gently caress. I really want to revisit Nurgle on the big map, both to see if I can actually afford more than a half stack for a second army, and to spread plague over the world like Papa Nurgle demands. I loved the plague that Pestilens gets, so this is like that on steroids (but with a much slower army).

Also, Nurgle Soul Grinders absolutely delete anything that stands still for too long. Katarin thought she could roll up on me with a bunch of Kossars and Streltsi to shoot me to death, but I had 4 soul grinders and Ku'gath. :getin:

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Playing as Nurgle is the only time I've ever seen a Crushing Defeat show up on my autoresolve odds. Played the match and got a close victory.

What's even weird is I can fight a half stack of nurgle and still come off a decisive loss against them on autoresolve. What the gently caress have they got hidden away that makes me worse off?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

They are amazing, I have 4 running with Ku'Gath and they make a glorious mess of infantry heavy armies.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ibblebibble posted:

I did it, I'm free.

Now do it as Nurgle

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have three Nurgle stacks now, all good quality one is a little short of units but has six beasts so it does fine. I'm staying ahead of things by just going hog wild in the chaos realms fighting every thing that shows up because those are big money battles. I use those to pump up the infrastructure. I think I have four provinces and change one being fairly recent. Nurgle rolls it's own way with economy. I have no idea why it's working this way, but as long as I keep building the stuff and just slowly expanding outward, every couple of turns my fill stack gets bigger until it's a viable army instead of just spot defense. My crumbling agues can roll for like 12 turns from reinfection so every turn I start a plus three turn/plus 150 favor plague in one of my towns and sometimes I notice I have like 1k when I'm running a slight deficit. Just try to keep it at a net zero, nature of the buildings makes it so I feel like everything is working as it should if it is anywhere from -500/turn to +500/turn. If it goes above that, recruit a unit. If it goes below that, go take a town. There is the same issue with some of the races in the previous games. You don't have an economy unless you go out and get it. Nurgle seems to be the first faction I've found where "Loot and Settle" is my go to option when I hit a town. Once you get the techs your new town has three growth points and all your economy buildings are also your defensive buildings. There's three, I put one of each. Nurgle city building is not exciting. I just have the starting province as a unit generator and it's only the high tier flyers and GUOs that are in short supply.

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 25, 2022

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Third World Reagan posted:

The rebellions can be taken out by garrisons

Can you explain this? The rebels don't siege, and the garrisons can't leave the settlement. So how do you get them to meet and greet?

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
I had a bad time in Tzeentch's realm until I savescummed the poo poo out of it.

My first couple tries, the Nurgle daemon faction managed to snatch it ahead of me, despite them getting badly depleted in a battle where somehow we allied up against the local Tzeentch armies, despite us not having any sorts of treaty together, though we weren't at war with one another.

I returned to the post-battle save and murdered the poo poo out of the Nurgle daemon, where my absolute dogshit daemon prince flailed uselessly at the incredibly buff 8000-HP fat nurgle wizard. gently caress Daniel's useless rear end build-a-bear parts, he's so weak. Fortunately, the rest of my army ate his alive, so he dissolved.

I actually autoresolved the Tzeentch battle after going in and seeing it was going to just be a Tzeentch-flavored copy of the Nurgle special siege battle... but with even more annoying and powerful of enemy units, that just shat on all the towers I made during the first 1/3rd of the mission.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Bloodly posted:

Can you explain this? The rebels don't siege, and the garrisons can't leave the settlement. So how do you get them to meet and greet?

The rebels do siege but they may take a few turns. Generally they raid and build up forces then siege. The amount they raid for isn't a huge deal and you still come out with a net positive.

If you do want to put them down with an army, you can do it with a smaller army.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I like that they've changed ambush battles so that ambushed armies can escape if they handle it properly. It actually makes it a race to tangle them up and let as little get away as you can instead of the AI just marching to a point, stopping and going braindead.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The AI mostly decides to make a run for it in ambush battles, leading to me annihilating most of his army without him fighting back. It's very weird

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Has anyone effort posted about (early) cathay army comp? I got whooped in the mirror match as the favored daughter. Battle took forever as well.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I find the enemy leader runs for it but most of his army tries to fight back. Maybe its because I'm slaanesh so they know they can't outrun my stuff?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How do you deal with the insane ai focus on you as demons of chaos? You start the game with Kislev being able to see you so there's no escape.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

How do you deal with the insane ai focus on you as demons of chaos? You start the game with Kislev being able to see you so there's no escape.

befriend the norscans and have them help or wait for the first portal and don't go in

let the rebellions start spawning inside kislev and then move in to grab some land

you will be behind on the soul race but you can catch up

also maybe go mono god like nurgle for your first province or tzeentch to unlock some good parts fast

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Jarvisi posted:

murder them

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Carcer posted:

I like that they've changed ambush battles so that ambushed armies can escape if they handle it properly. It actually makes it a race to tangle them up and let as little get away as you can instead of the AI just marching to a point, stopping and going braindead.

Also good for when you get ambushed by smaller armies with a big reinforcement one, because you can just nuke the enemy lord and leave. There's even a button for it!

That being said, usually I just nuke the smaller army and reform my line unless i'm out of ammo.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I've yet to be ambushed as slaanesh but I'm pretty sure I can just outrun most of the ambushers anyway.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

It's a lot harder to do that when you're not skarbrand!

Also tried to start a tzeench game today and holy gently caress

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kazzah posted:

I just saw a Kislevite general named Evgeni Koshka which I'm pretty sure means Eugene Pussy

Yes it's a direct equivalent to "pussy" double meaning and all

Watch out for that guy he sounds like a slaaneshi double agent.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Twigand Berries posted:

Nurgle seems to be the first faction I've found where "Loot and Settle" is my go to option when I hit a town. Once you get the techs your new town has three growth points and all your economy buildings are also your defensive buildings. There's three, I put one of each. Nurgle city building is not exciting. I just have the starting province as a unit generator and it's only the high tier flyers and GUOs that are in short supply.

That's also my observation. Doesn't seem to be any point in just taking the city without sacking it first - it doesn't help with maintaing the buildings, and by the time you're on a serious offensive your corruption is probably dominant in the region so no worries about control.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Finished my first Kislev campaign on H/N, after 2 failed starts and a failed Boris start.

The Good: Kislev definitely holds up to the feeling of fighting against the end of the world. You are the bulwark against Chaos, Norscan's and whoever else wants to pick a fight. Your military allies are basically useless, and your economy is too poo poo to field pop-up armies to properly expand. Crawling forward an inch at a time over the bloody corpses of those who came before is exhilarating and the money gained by slaughtering demons means that the negative you run into won't matter as much. War Sleds are what War Wagons should be, Bear Riders are what Demigryph's should be. My first playthrough I lost so many Boyar's and Patriarch's as provinces and lords became meat for the grinder to keep the world in one piece... until.

The Bad: The Chaos Realms, the CHAOS REALMS. It's unrewarding to go there, It takes your LL out of the group when you cannot afford to field many armies. It's a race which means you either have to start murdering the other factions (Which, in turn, means stretching yourself even thinner not protecting or consolidating your lands.) Your economy is hosed from the get-go in a way that isn't fun and keeping everything together is near impossible. The main issue is I love the Chaos Rifts! They're a loving cool feature and should definitely be in Immortal Empires, but the Realms themselves suck.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Hi guys, Warhams 2 question:

I started an Oxylotl campaign (Hard/Hard SFO) on Vortex map, and I'm kind of underwhelmed by him. Seems impossible to make money as I'm just getting constantly swarmed by Rats, Dark Elves, Vikings, and Chaos rebellions (which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the Hellcannons).

Is it worth buffing Oxy's ranged attack? It seems hard to get him to fire sometimes, as he is so short and can't fire over anybody and I have to micromanage him to plink away at stuff. The missions are easy, I'm just unable to defend my homeland because of the constant swarms and no walls. Should I just abandon the starting province and move somewhere more Dino-Friendly like West Africa or Mexico to use as a base to pursue missions?

Does buffing 'Weapon Strength" actually buff the ranged weapon, or only melee?
You might have better luck in the WH2 thread, especially with an SFO specific question. Because SFO does a fuckton with economy and army balance it really changes things up. The non-SFO version of that campaign doesn't really have much of an issue with money and defense iirc.

As for getting him to fire, he is so stealthy that unless you leave him out to dry for cavalry to swarm, you shouldn't really need him behind allies so he should always have line of sight.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 25, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kislev's economy isnt helped by the fact that its economy buildings suck rear end. 2000 gold for the tier 2 income building to go up by 50 income (100 to 150) then 4000 gold for another 50 (150 to 200) is loving rear end. They got the growth/PO building right in that it goes 20 => 40 => 60 growth and 1 => 2 => 3 PO for the three tiers so its actually kinda worth it for the extra dosh.

I swear to god there must be some rear end in a top hat at CA who is involved with balancing the economy buildings that thinks the above is fair and balanced. Probably the same guy that tried nerfing port income.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Kislev's economy isnt helped by the fact that its economy buildings suck rear end. 2000 gold for the tier 2 income building to go up by 50 income (100 to 150) then 4000 gold for another 50 (150 to 200) is loving rear end. They got the growth/PO building right in that it goes 20 => 40 => 60 growth and 1 => 2 => 3 PO for the three tiers so its actually kinda worth it for the extra dosh.

I swear to god there must be some rear end in a top hat at CA who is involved with balancing the economy buildings that thinks the above is fair and balanced. Probably the same guy that tried nerfing port income.
The market building in their capitol slots has no such issue. That goes up by 200/tier and gives a +1% bonus to all markets everywhere, and costs are very reasonable too.

I really think the oblasts are supposed to feel like secondary concerns to these huge jeweled cities.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 25, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ravenfood posted:

The market building in their capitol slots has no such issue. That goes up by 200/tier and gives a +1% bonus to all markets everywhere, and costs are very reasonable too.
Right but Kislev factions only get those in their three major cities. If you take a non-Kislev major settlement it gets the poo poo building. On top of that, Kostaltin doesnt get a major city unless he can conquer or confederate Erengrad early or find a way to snipe Praag. Boris gets none of them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I didn't really have much issue with the economy as Kislev, though I didn't get that far before the patch. By the time the first rifts appeared, I had a full second stack that could defend the starting provinces while Katarin went chaos hunting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I didn't really have much issue with the economy as Kislev, though I didn't get that far before the patch. By the time the first rifts appeared, I had a full second stack that could defend the starting provinces while Katarin went chaos hunting.
You're playing as the easy mode Kislev faction. Again, Kostaltin and Boris dont get the good poo poo from major settlements like Katarin does, so saying you dont have an issue with the economy when you specifically have something that the others dont is kinda funny. The city of Kislev gets the stuff Ravenfood talked about *and* a landmark that increases local income by a crazy %, which is something else Kostaltin and Boris do not get unless they confederate Katarin.

Ravenfood posted:

I really think the oblasts are supposed to feel like secondary concerns to these huge jeweled cities.
CA stated this as their intention but it still sucks for scaling up mid and late game when you conquer non-Kislev themed lands. Or playing as Boris.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of, how long does it take to get the Boris unlock quest? I didn't get it in the time I had to play so far.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rasputin economy is fine.

Build more winerys. Get the resource chains that boost them. Get erengrad or hellpit.

Fight demons for cash.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of, how long does it take to get the Boris unlock quest? I didn't get it in the time I had to play so far.
You have to own Erengrad, Praag, and the city of Kislev for 10 turns, then you get a popup about the quest.

Third World Reagan posted:

Rasputin economy is fine.

Build more winerys. Get the resource chains that boost them. Get erengrad or hellpit.

Fight demons for cash.
I disagree about the economy but its not worth arguing over. I dont like the way CA balances econ buildings :shrug:

Fighting for cash is fine if you can get fights, the AI is a little cowardly so sometimes they are hard to come by, even with Ambush Baiting, which I am getting sick of abusing to make the game fun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: has anyone tried stacking the Ice Maiden/Wtich traits that reduce Little Grom and/or War Sled upkeep reductions? With 3 of either trait you could run a really cheap War Sled and Little Grom stack, which would probably be fun. Oh and with lord upkeep reduction skills maybe those units would be effectively free?

edit2: post is not edit, sorry for the doublepost

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

canada jezus posted:

Has anyone effort posted about (early) cathay army comp? I got whooped in the mirror match as the favored daughter. Battle took forever as well.

There's honestly not much to say. Your celestial dragon is OP and can be run as a single person doomstack. Don't bother with magistrates - run dragon blooded shugenjan for the rest of your lords. Cathayan cavalry is generally bad. Jade Warriors with harmony are effectively dwarf warriors - and with an armour value of 80 hard counter peasant spearmen and peasant archers (who do only 1 point of AP damage with their arrows). Ironhail Gunners are for checkerboarding - and for keeping harmony with the melee line. Oh, and Cathay cavalry is bad - but better than not having cavalry at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
As far as I can tell, absolutely every Ogre income building pays for itself in 10 turns