Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Football Outsiders has fanbase delusions

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2022/32-nfl-fan-bases-32-fan-delusions

Pretty funny worth a read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Promote the Nick kids crew

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Browns one is deadass real and accurate

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ravens one is spot on.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Just ideally thinking about what player had the most insufferable post nfl career

No reason.

I wish Cris Collinsworth would trip over a scandal and rid me of his uselessness.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/cmacszn/status/1496955712680992770?s=21

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

FizFashizzle posted:

Just ideally thinking about what player had the most insufferable post nfl career

No reason.

The Jason Witten in the booth experiment was thankfully short-lived

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cat Hassler posted:

The Jason Witten in the booth experiment was thankfully short-lived

I already forgot about that. I'd take a hundred Joe Bucks over listening to that guy

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Because most ppl who watch casually are football ignorant and need the announcers/color to explain what is happening.

I mean for fans who have watched a long time you don't really need either announcers or color you can just tell how many yards the player got by watching. I think the XFL or something had a game where they either didn't have announcers or they hosed up their mics and they just had the Stadium PA annoucing down and distance and it was so clean.

I’m not questioning the need for announcers or appealing to an audience, but no announcer is worth one of these massive contracts.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A game with no commentary is eerie.

Going to a football game in real life is just like that and it isn't eerie.

Once you know basically what's going on you'll be surprised how little they actually matter.

Hanson is the only one that arguably is essential, if you watch RedZone.

I like Al, Romo, Kevin, and certains ones add flavor to the game but Spero Adidas or whoever the gently caress I'm actually good on that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

pasaluki posted:

Once you know basically what's going on you'll be surprised how little they actually matter.

I like Al, Romo, Kevin, and certains ones add flavor to the game but Spero Adidas or whoever the gently caress I'm actually good on that.

I’ve been to plenty of games but the in person experience just has so many different things taking your attention even between plays that you don’t really notice the dead time.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

cardinals one is just hurtful

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pasaluki posted:

At the game you get the stadium PA.

Back in the 90s CBS tried a game with no PBP and two color guys. It was a goddamn nightmare

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought you were better than that.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Cosell/Meredith/Gifford MNFs were awesome to watch. Turns out they were hammered but I didn’t pick up on that

I’m glad that Manningcast is going to stay a thing because I like the funny stories and smdh reactions that happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

They nailed the whole NFCS.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Chargers, Bills, and 2nd Ravens "delusions" are all obviously correct.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Once I saw the DVOA thing I checked out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Chargers one is one of the wronger ones. The Raiders were a 10-7 playoff team and divisional stuff is always a little weird like that. They definitely have the pieces to be an amazing team it will just be difficult for pretty much everyone in the AFC going forward.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cat Hassler posted:

The Cosell/Meredith/Gifford MNFs were awesome to watch. Turns out they were hammered but I didn’t pick up on that

Most broadcasters back then were drunk or hungover. Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier were infamously hungover for Super Bowl XIV and was basically lit constantly until like 1993.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

They nailed the whole NFCS.

Most saints fans I know expect us to suck because our HoF coach quit a year after our HoF QB, and there isn’t a lot of faith in either being successfully replaced. No amount of cap space would fix those issues so it’s just sort of irrelevant at the moment.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

:hmmyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bengals delusion would be good and correct if football was two offenses side by side trying to score the fastest. the decisions made last offseason that led to building a decent defense out of one of the worst were way more important and well done than this offseason could be even if they do everything right

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nailed the Bears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ths bears delusion is that they will ever have a functioning quarterback

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

ths bears delusion is that they will ever have a functioning quarterback

I still 100% believe Fields will be elite, even though I should know better.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hes bad and Chicago will ruin any chance he has.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is a whatever deal but there is no contract that Ian wont cheerlead.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1497217822082088977

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Damarius Bilbo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chucktesla posted:

Bamarius Dildo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's an insane amount of money for a player who is rocks dumb on the field, has iffy hands at best, doesn't run good routes, and somehow didn't get a first down on this play.

https://twitter.com/CarolinaHuddle/status/1497223414414721059?s=20&t=RJQXU-9hNCltsw83TLTcgA

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Sometimes I see guys get paid that are very clearly not worth anywhere near that money and assume the team is trying to hit the minimum salary threshold

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

of course

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1497201843142897664

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

nbc tried it once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1FxHlASII

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Announcerless_game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady would likely be bad as a broadcaster, and it's also probably too much work for him to want to do. I could see him doing a pregame show bit, but nothing in booth.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Brady would likely be bad as a broadcaster, and it's also probably too much work for him to want to do. I could see him doing a pregame show bit, but nothing in booth.

Philip Rivers in the booth would rule

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah.

I also think Aqib Talib shows you should get more former defenders in the booth. They've got a better eye on diagnosing what offenses are doing, which is what more people are interested in.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Yeah.

I also think Aqib Talib shows you should get more former defenders in the booth. They've got a better eye on diagnosing what offenses are doing, which is what more people are interested in.

Get Ed Reed on the Manningcast and let them call out every adjustment and audible.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Counterpoint- the CFB championship broadcast with just field noise and the PA system is awesome every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Taken from the broadcasting thread:

https://twitter.com/MMcCarthyREV/status/1497243376231587843?t=bmL--huA2hBDm0YveoJqNg&s=19