Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/edyong209/status/1496859539790045188https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1496906031527448585
My absolute favourite genre of Twitter interaction is morons screeching LEAVE ME ALONE when they started it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
"saying nothing at all is an option that is permanently available to you" is a great line

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
https://twitter.com/KimIversenShow/status/1497093467612205059

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
IOSM: use democracy in the future

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Very strong “just vote” energy.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

IOSM: use democracy in the future

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

all of kim's tweets are genius material
what a free thinker

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's super ineffective!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Silly Newbie posted:

Smash Mao eat the eggs

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I have just found out this person, who thinks a country should just roll over to a larger military power, is Vietnamese.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Don't kill yourselves. Just allow yourselves to be killed. And then I guess vote out your military occupiers. Easy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Really the Jews of Europe should have just voted Hitler out of power. Why didn't they think of that?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aramoro posted:

I have just found out this person, who thinks a country should just roll over to a larger military power, is Vietnamese.

I mean to be fair the logistics from a foreign power invading from a long long way away versus your next door neighbor is pretty big

Ukraine can’t really grind them out

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kchama posted:

It's also a slur. Not just for Cubans either.

That particular idiot should shut the hell up, but slurs are slurs.

Okay, this is a pretty bad take.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/Buckfutter69691/status/1496539597630803973

This might seem like a garden variety transphobic account, but there’s something special here, I promise.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Nucleic Acids posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buckfutter69691/status/1496539597630803973

This might seem like a garden variety transphobic account, but there’s something special here, I promise.

Just don't do it to kids (unless you are a football coach)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Why are all these self-avowed pedophiles suddenly very concerned about child welfare?

https://twitter.com/sendlolipics/status/1496652392850415617

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr. Stab posted:

Why are all these self-avowed pedophiles suddenly very concerned about child welfare?

Gonna guess it's the same people who suddenly cared so very much about the integrity of women's sport, despite openly mocking female athletes at every opportunity for decades.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dr. Stab posted:

This is like the textbook definition of irony

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"trans support is child abuse!" proclaims Twitter user sendlolipics

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I read this quote the other day.

quote:

Just having more information isn’t helpful. Knowledge isn’t power. Wisdom is power. Having a random assortment of facts at hand is what creates the crazies on the internet. They believe that by reading a blog or watching a video that what they have just done is research. They don’t understand how to differentiate the data. They don’t understand about writing abstracts, random sampling, original source reviewing, or how to perform independent probability statistics generation. They don’t look at the source of the information and question why the source reported the information in such a way, nor do they wonder if the information wasn’t loaded in such a way as to conform to preconceived ideas.

and yes, yes, it's a little simplistic. But by god when you read stuff like this Kim woman is tweeting and all the others in this thread like her. You know exactly what they meant.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
those cardi b takes on the situation are mb the only one's I've seen that didn't make me depressed

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean to be fair the logistics from a foreign power invading from a long long way away versus your next door neighbor is pretty big

Ukraine can’t really grind them out
Tell that to Afghanistan.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Knormal posted:

Large mountainous region well suited to resistance fighting and it’s already decentralized nature made conquest even harder.

Also not really comparable

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

those cardi b takes on the situation are mb the only one's I've seen that didn't make me depressed

Cardi B is pretty on point with her political takes imo, and people actively ask her for them, unlike idk Dilbert guy or Scott Baio or whoever

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

AlbieQuirky posted:

Cardi B is pretty on point with her political takes imo, and people actively ask her for them, unlike idk Dilbert guy or Scott Baio or whoever

Yeah, that was my favorite part of the whole thing. "WHO THE gently caress WANTS TO KNOW WHAT CARDI B THINKS ABOUT UKRAINE", then cut to the multiple thousands of people viewing her IG Live on the subject. Not trying to go for a "Well, it's popular so therefore it must be good!", but clearly people DO care. If someone is an international pop star, then yes, people will want to hear what they have to say about any number of topics, "real news" or otherwise.

Also, I'm all about pop stars trying to make sure their fans know what is going on in the world. :shrug: It's a bit sad that someone may only read up on the subject due to Cardi saying something about it, but hey, if that's what it takes to get people to check the news...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Knormal posted:

Afghanistan: famously next door to the United States.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, that was my favorite part of the whole thing. "WHO THE gently caress WANTS TO KNOW WHAT CARDI B THINKS ABOUT UKRAINE", then cut to the multiple thousands of people viewing her IG Live on the subject. Not trying to go for a "Well, it's popular so therefore it must be good!", but clearly people DO care. If someone is an international pop star, then yes, people will want to hear what they have to say about any number of topics, "real news" or otherwise.

Also, I'm all about pop stars trying to make sure their fans know what is going on in the world. :shrug: It's a bit sad that someone may only read up on the subject due to Cardi saying something about it, but hey, if that's what it takes to get people to check the news...

Honestly a significant number of Americans probably only know about the Armenian genocide because of the Kardashians (and a slightly lower number only because of System of a Down).

Baron von Eevl posted:

They’re talking about Russia in Afghanistan.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Read After Burning posted:

Better Cardi B than Nicki Minaj's dumbass "My friend's friend got the vaccine and now he has wonky balls" takes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

No, but it is pretty close to Russia

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Large mountainous region well suited to resistance fighting and it’s already decentralized nature made conquest even harder.

Also not really comparable
Probably not, I'm just trying to hope Ukraine has a chance to not get totally crushed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
news blind spots are great because there's always a non zero amount of people. Also not to do bad math, there's probably something YOU dont know, but 99% of the pop does.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

More arguments from Brand Eating! Guess what article these comments are from! (It's a review of Taco Bell's beefy melt burrito.)

A guy posted:

NJ might be cheaper, but then you are in NJ.

Big Lebowski avatar posted:

Not all of NJ is a cesspool.

Plus, it has that ever-positive factor that you happen to not live there!

A guy posted:

That's fair, there is Alabama in the middle part.
So it's a cesspool surrounding inbred hicks.

Big Lebowski avatar posted:

I do not live in either state.

But... as a general rule, I would take inbred hicks over insufferable pricks.

As you belong to the latter group, I have no compunction pointing out that for someone who seems to be constantly providing their condescending and "woke" commentary on every comment, situation, injustice, or social issue, you're awfully judgmental about something as arbitrary as the state where someone may reside.

Are you allergic to not being (to quote a far better Brand Eating patron) "an uninteresting d-bag" who - as a quick Google reveals - just trolls the internet at large?

Try some kindness towards people and thoughts/ideas other than you own. The beginning of wisdom is understanding one's own knowledge - however large and vast it may seem - is summarily insufficient compared to what one doesn't know, and that without an accompanying mastery of at least one tenth its measure of grace, such knowledge is worthless.

It may help with your affliction of the need to constantly mash the downvote button, as it's something only a small, closed-minded individual would do.

As an added bonus, it's hypoallergenic!

I will report back if someone responds with "That's just, like..your opinion, man."

Henchman of Santa posted:

Honestly a significant number of Americans probably only know about the Armenian genocide because of the Kardashians (and a slightly lower number only because of System of a Down).

:yeah: Exactly.

BioEnchanted posted:

Better Cardi B than Nicki Minaj's dumbass "My friend's friend got the vaccine and now he has wonky balls" takes.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1438194219269689352

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1497028030010695683?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why is everyone still stuck in the geopolitical mindset of 1989

Did history end or something

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They loving have McDonalds in Russia too, what an absolutely braindead take

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Oh my god, I forgot about this:

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1438256221660663812

(For context, Nicki Minaj was pleased that Tucker Carlson seemed to agree with her regarding the vaccines. This big Twitch streamer pointed out that Tucker Carlson is a white nationalist. Apparently "Maybe don't be pleased that a white nationalist co-signed your opinion" = "shove marbles up your rear end".)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Why is everyone still stuck in the geopolitical mindset of 1989

Did history end or something

people are stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1497307813735022593