Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Confederacy's legitimacy was determined at the point of a bayonet

Isn't that just "might makes right"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/jarule/status/1496931035803787266

FINALLY, god I didn't know what to think about this until Ja weighed in

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Al-Saqr posted:

it’s making fun of the ukranian Twitter posting photos of themselves opening up the box of guns and thinking they’ll be able to do any real damage to the Russians when in reality they are essentially removing the ‘civilian’ designation from themselves and causing themselves and people around them to be killed.

I mean farmers with guns worked for the Iraqis, Vietnamese, and Afghanis.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

That weird feeling that you get when Euros are more racist than the US.

They've always been more racist than the US, or at least more open about it

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m wondering about the legality of interdicting that convoy? As soon as it crosses the border, it’s fair game as it’s carrying military goods for a combatant.

OTOH if they are Polish military vehicles manned by Poles, what would the fallout of a SU-24 just flying along the road dropping ordnance be?

I suppose Russia could just air scatter mines along all the east-west highways they don’t control?

You know how much poo poo they'd get for using mines even though they aren't a party to the mine ban treaty

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1497287163192516612?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The more I think about it the more I think local ceasefires would be really useful for preventing a humanitarian crisis here.

There are a handful of Ukrainian regulars in Kiev - let them go, and spare the population, while keeping the bulk of the UKR army isolated to the east.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

it’s making fun of the ukranian Twitter posting photos of themselves opening up the box of guns and thinking they’ll be able to do any real damage to the Russians when in reality they are essentially removing the ‘civilian’ designation from themselves and causing themselves and people around them to be killed.

Bro I don't think you're a leftist if you think workers arming themselves to try and defend their home and dying to foreign invaders is something to make fun of.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Reik posted:

Bro I don't think you're a leftist if you think workers arming themselves to try and defend their home and dying to foreign invaders is something to make fun of.

It’s funny in a tragic way if you have idea what RPOs and TOSs do, and the Russians have been sighted with both in those spearheads.

The civilians obviously do not, the government arming them anyway does.

Declare Kiev an Open City.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Reik posted:

correct

to drive home the point: there's no use hand-wringing over the idea that Ukraine could not "independently" decide what to do with it's foreign policy, that it was "wrong" for Russia to have a virtual veto over any Ukrainian head-of-state deciding that they want to join NATO, because it's been a well-established truism that countries that do not possess nuclear weapons have no sovereignty

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Reik posted:

lmao another great reik post

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brain damage

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

camoseven posted:

https://twitter.com/jarule/status/1496931035803787266

FINALLY, god I didn't know what to think about this until Ja weighed in

thankfully we have Ja here to help us make sense of all this

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Ukrainians are living the dream of every braindead American chud and it's all so loving awful.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Zeroisanumber posted:

People are saying that Kiev is going to be a nightmare slog, but I remember Baghdad in 2003 and that place was flying the white flag inside of a day.

this Comrade clearly has never been in thee3ee Ukraine.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
leftism is getting yourself and your neighbor pointlessly turned into pink mist

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Brain damage

it's so funny seeing theory used to form mathematically precise justifications for whatever random belief you want to "prove"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1497189957395488778
lmfao this dumb piece of poo poo is one of the main reasons for this war in the first place, gently caress him

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

It's harder to kill white people with similar architecture to yours for some reason, pisses people off idk

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
might may not make right but it sure gets results

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Grapplejack posted:

They've always been more racist than the US, or at least more open about it

You know how much poo poo they'd get for using mines even though they aren't a party to the mine ban treaty

I just mean as an alternative to directly interdicting the convoy, which would be worse.

They could use airmobile assets to cut the roads by land. The Polish truck drivers wouldn’t try to shoot it out with them, right?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Torpor posted:

I mean farmers with guns worked for the Iraqis, Vietnamese, and Afghanis.

it would not be good if Ukraine saw as much of a proportional drop in population as Vietnam did

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Reik posted:

Can you please not post the dumbest poo poo possible? Ukraine is not a Nazi country and there's mass protests from the Russian proletariat against this war.

support ukraine and at the same time hope every single member of the Azov Battalion gets thrown into a woodchipper

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

spacemang_spliff posted:

leftism is getting yourself and your neighbor pointlessly turned into pink mist

It permanently solves the class conflict.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I've heard of bad in-laws but this is ridiculous!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WaryWarren posted:

throwing tons of bodies at the problem, suffering huge casualties, and getting results is the russian way, not sure what's hard to reconcile with the Russian casualty total.

they had a lot fewer casualties in the space race than the usa did

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Wow beast pestilence war in that order fuckin cool af I hop death is a cool skeleton biker guy

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
kinda seems like the west is arming right wing hardliners to derail any possible long term peaceful solution

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Reik posted:

you guys literally called everyone I was defending in Syria a terrorist islamist alqaeda and openly celebrated them getting killed and crushed and gassed by Russia and Iran don’t ask me to return sympathy I wasn’t given. I’ll make fun of anything I want.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

it would not be good if Ukraine saw as much of a proportional drop in population as Vietnam did

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blarghalt posted:

support ukraine and at the same time hope every single member of the Azov Battalion gets thrown into a woodchipper

offer to let Putin do it personally

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reik posted:

buddy that's how all national sovereignty works

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/713575242873962557/946855033226539088/video_2022-02-25_23-42-48.mp4

Uhhh. This seems bad.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cletus Van Damme posted:

Where are all the bodies? WTF happened here?

the guy assumes they scattered and ran into the woods on both sides, the few bodies they see are probably soldiers dressed as civilians as they are near equipment

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Reik posted:

maybe the south shouldn't have been a bunch of losers

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Brain damage

they're (basically) right

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Blarghalt posted:

Yeah that's basically where I'm at. gently caress all the governments involved but the Ukrainian people are the ones paying for this clash of dying empires. I hope the Russians manage to turn the Azov Nazis into a pink mist and then decide that they've had enough of imperialist wars and desert for home.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

correct

to drive home the point: there's no use hand-wringing over the idea that Ukraine could not "independently" decide what to do with it's foreign policy, that it was "wrong" for Russia to have a virtual veto over any Ukrainian head-of-state deciding that they want to join NATO, because it's been a well-established truism that countries that do not possess nuclear weapons have no sovereignty

Gotcha. I imagine everyone already figured out you never give up your nukes after Gadaffi's rape/murder was livestreamed, so now we just have to wait and watch this to happen to every country that did so before they knew better.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What are those TELs for?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mgdowney/status/1497280172894134273?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ
https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/status/1497295911046860804?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ
https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1497290318714183684?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1497268560279789569?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ

is the Ukrainian government strategy to gain international support with images of dead untrained fighters

i can't think of a rational reason to follow this strategy and push it to the media otherwise

this guy is real pro-Ukraine and even he's critical of the preparations otherwise
https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1497291369504772101?s=20&t=nBobi2IDXFKwhteMDVE5qQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

What are those TELs for?

I think those are ICBMs.