Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

Go off king!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

there was some video this morning supposedly of mines being put on the beach in odessa but they weren't dog based

Ukranians have so little discipline that they mine a beach and then tell the enemy they did it so they can bring in mine flails and clear it easily.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Undercover cops/spooks. Because it's usually so obvious who the cops are in a protest that is like they glow.

it's actually from 4chan
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/glownigger-glowposting

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

so with Ukrainian economy devastated and countless military grade weapons distributed and abandoned, does anyone have predictions for what kind of effects that’s going to have on euro organized crime?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
love the move to endseig on day 1.5 of the war

edit: I guess gotterdammerung is probably a better name for that

Torpor has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Feb 25, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chamale posted:

It's basically the Volkssturm plan. Those civilians with surplus rifles are going to get slaughtered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60HP84-hJs

Azov has been planning for years for this
https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/787318122072141824?s=20&t=aTqQZ9mCpWdkTAkK_ly_BQ
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/876935828924243974?s=20&t=aTqQZ9mCpWdkTAkK_ly_BQ

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
So if Russia gets kicked out of SWIFT what's the over-under on this turning into a regional conflict?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Torpor posted:

love the move to endseig on day 1.5 of the war

Have the russians taken much else of the country? We really don't know how many soldiers the Russian invasion has.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hopefully russia just encircles the city and demands its surrender

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Karl Barks posted:

Anyways your "adult" Marxist take is off. If these are two capitalist countries, a forever war that grinds both sides down to a point where revolution can happen is the best case scenario. Have the courage of your convictions!

A forever war that grinds down both countries to the point of revolution isn't in the cards, the Ukraine is a dipshit fake country that can't take on Russia no matter what. The best realistic outcome is a swift defeat, the worst realistic outcome is an armed insurgency funded by western powers that will keep destabilizing the area and getting random people killed for no reason.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1497290974560722948

lol the president of ukraine is a comedian and the mayor of kyiv is a boxer. Putin meanwhile is a kgb agent. vote better the ukraine.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SchrodingersCat posted:

So if Russia gets kicked out of SWIFT what's the over-under on this turning into a regional conflict?

over

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

just ho humming through a warzone in my toyota corolla with my ak and two mags filming tanks exploding

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

A forever war that grinds down both countries to the point of revolution isn't in the cards, the Ukraine is a dipshit fake country that can't take on Russia no matter what. The best realistic outcome is a swift defeat, the worst realistic outcome is an armed insurgency funded by western powers that will keep destabilizing the area and getting random people killed for no reason.

Your worst realistic outcome sounds like a forever war that grinds down both countries to the point of revolution

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hopefully russia just encircles the city and demands its surrender

can’t imagine it will surrender, hopefully they just sort of leave it alone? idk. this will suck poo poo

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

SchrodingersCat posted:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Tankbuster posted:

Have the russians taken much else of the country? We really don't know how many soldiers the Russian invasion has.

I was more referencing the Ukrainian move to mobilize the civilians in Kiev which seems like a rhetorical shift from “we can win this” to “fight to the last man woman and child, ahhh”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1497318656996515842

maybe a bit of good news

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything is so dumb lmao

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Some don't know the powers of LLC.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Karl Barks posted:

Your worst realistic outcome sounds like a forever war that grinds down both countries to the point of revolution

Yeah a workers revolution is exactly what happened in Afghanistan right

definitely not a million people dead for no reason and the imposition of the same religious fundamentalist power that was in charge beforehand.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

i just ssent $2 to ukraine im now a part of the #resistance and the azov battalion they even sent me an honorary nft medal

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mine sweeper

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Torpor posted:

I was more referencing the Ukrainian move to mobilize the civilians in Kiev which seems like a rhetorical shift from “we can win this” to “fight to the last man woman and child, ahhh”

Well its a smaller country being invaded by a bigger one.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

This has happened over and over since the development of the radio, but Russia especially has a pretty good working knowledge of this thanks in large part to the last 20 years

tbqh if there's one government to pick that knows their poo poo in information warfare in tyool 2022 is russia

it does make sense to even boost the fanfic propagandists in the other side from that angle, yeah

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao imagine voluntarily defending an invasion of your poo poo hole country

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Tankbuster posted:

Well its a smaller country being invaded by a bigger one.

Ukraine is huge, has 900,000 in reservists, and this is day 1.5

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everything is so dumb lmao

Lets all just agree it came from this so I don't have to read that KYM page.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
https://twitter.com/bgates420/status/1497316976074625027

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
large adult marxist

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I hate these people, Christ.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao imagine voluntarily defending an invasion of your poo poo hole country

Impossible for americans

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Reik posted:

Lets all just agree it came from this so I don't have to read that KYM page.

haha yeah. Mokou invented it. Thats what I will think from now on

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Karl Barks posted:

Impossible for americans

well if your county isn’t a shithole that’s something different

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Yeah a workers revolution is exactly what happened in Afghanistan right

definitely not a million people dead for no reason and the imposition of the same religious fundamentalist power that was in charge beforehand.

This is such a confusing analogy I don't know where to start

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nice

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Biden admin is telling Congress that Russian tanks will be in Kiev in 3 days after the imminent invasion begins. Congress is pissed the US didn't give more weapons to the useless Ukrainian Army months ago.
https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1490105106066513922?s=20&t=IQbUBS-TCvf4xC0L4E91XQ
https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1490105110462177285?s=20&t=IQbUBS-TCvf4xC0L4E91XQ

This was the US military prediction on the course of the invasion from a few weeks ago, and it seems surprisingly on point. They knew Ukrainian forces would quickly crumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

my preferred job in the peoples army is anime inspector