Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Orphan of Kos is now potentially the first boss you encounter lol hes parry good to an extent that Orphan wasn’t

It's way less aggressive but I swear it's nearly identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol i was just killed by a really mean flower

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Also, is our multiplayer password all caps?

I'd like to know this as well, or if it even makes a difference

I guess I could try setting it twice?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man it's so hard to make progress in this game when I'm having too much fun running around double jumping my horse and fighting dudes. I probably spent half an hour fighting the horse guys with the big curved sword just to get it, and every battle is really fun. It never got old. This game is special.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

To recap: Souls games= not hard. This is not a souls game. This is hard

I feel blocked on all ends so spent the last while cooping with people. Gained 5.5k runes, then before I used them I casually decided gently caress it, I'm gonna try margot robbie myself again. Ofc I die, and theres no way to get my poo poo and get out without winning is there?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

VictualSquid posted:

One bonfire north of where you get the horse.

It's been long enough that I don't remember which one that is. Was that Agheel Lake North?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

rba starblade said he did margit at level 2 as wretch

I'm level 7 now!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MadJackal posted:

I'm bookmarking this but apprehensive that the game starts as, "First, die."

This is like the third time they’ve done this but yeah it’s a real lol moment if this is your entry to the series.

I should probably stop dumping every rune into int and maybe pad my health and stamina a bit but lol no gotta get int to 30 first. Maybe 40? Nothing is necessarily 1-hitting me… yet.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is there no run? It's L3 on playstation in other games, now that's crouch and it's screwing me up

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Hey guys

Talk to the shop Santa until he gives you a gesture and do what he says. That questline is rad

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
So I went ahead and started some performance monitoring to see exactly how lovely my framerate is and noticed somethin weird. CPU, GPU, RAM, none are averaging anywhere close to maxed out and yet I am averaging like 35 FPS. Any of yall seen anything similar? Already updated graphics drivers and dropped most settings to medium.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

actionjackson posted:

is there no run? It's L3 on playstation in other games, now that's crouch and it's screwing me up

hold circle

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

actionjackson posted:

O

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh, ok thanks, is there no way to make that L3? so weird

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is magic fun? I need a tiebreaker deciding between a dex and int based build and it's hard to tell with just the two spells you have in the beginning.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This game is literally just a mashup of DS2 and Medievil. It's perfect except for the crafting

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is like the third time they’ve done this but yeah it’s a real lol moment if this is your entry to the series.

I should probably stop dumping every rune into int and maybe pad my health and stamina a bit but lol no gotta get int to 30 first. Maybe 40? Nothing is necessarily 1-hitting me… yet.

I just found a spell that requires 70 int so that's a good value to shoot for before you start working on other stats :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Is magic fun? I need a tiebreaker deciding between a dex and int based build and it's hard to tell with just the two spells you have in the beginning.

Do you like dying in 2 hits and pelting enemies from afar with the same move/spell for the majority of a playthrough?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Found a shotel on a stick.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I found the actual boss version of the first giant you encounter, except now he has armour, a better sword, and magic. Thought I could handle him since I handled the original but the original guy was more polite.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Moon Monster posted:

I just found a spell that requires 70 int so that's a good value to shoot for before you start working on other stats :getin:

I’m thinking getting end to like 12-15, whatever gets me 100 stamina. Then maybe throw some vit with int until vit is like… 15? Maybe 20? Mind I’ll probably park for now since it doesnt get me spell memory but maybe I should crank it a bit more to maximize my flasks.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
What does this icon mean?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
about 6 hours after I got this cool sword I've been using, i learn that its already good and strong L2 has a special follow-up attack if you use R2. incredible

also i can finally use incantations! i cant use them very well, mind you, but they look cool.

as a sidenote, I'm really hoping j can find more somber smithing stones soon, because my sword is currently only +1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lysandus posted:

What does this icon mean?

mean you can use the NPC summons (imps, wolves, jellyfish, etc)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Man it is incredible how Miyazaki has made a video game with zero optional bosses

Can't wait to finally get to the castle now that I've defeated the gaol dude. That stage two was legit really cool and I can't wait to be able to do that as well

TGLT fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 26, 2022

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I've got a 3080, 16gb ram, nvme ssd, 3600 CPU.

Yesterday I turned everything to maximum, 1440p res, and it was ok with a few half-seconds of 2 or 3 fps once in a while, but otherwise smooth.

Today I installed the game-ready Nvidia driver and at one point my monitor actually turned off briefly, and i'm having 1+ second stutters in the same places that were ok yesterday, with no movement on my screen at all during the stutter. What the gently caress? Help please!

redreader fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 26, 2022

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What do I do to resist blood loss? Just equip the right armour?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Why do these wolves come from the sky

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Does anyone know if you have to be in the same region to get HP boosts from message ratings? I was getting them all the time when I loaded into Limgrave, but now in the castle I've hardly had a peep.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I could use a bit of spoiler-free advice: how frequent are Smithing Stones as the game goes on, do they ever become easily farmable? I'd cleaned out a bunch of mines and have enough to buff up one of my weapons, but I'm not a big fan of anything I'm carrying. Can I just fuckit and buff something as a placeholder weapon, or is it like Bloodborne/Demon's where stones will never not be precious?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Appoda posted:

Does anyone know if you have to be in the same region to get HP boosts from message ratings? I was getting them all the time when I loaded into Limgrave, but now in the castle I've hardly had a peep.

I was nearly invincible yesterday thanks to a clever message placed behind the building you emerge from at the beginning. Hits have slowed down, I assume because everyone has the game and have moved beyond that area with their characters

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bedlam posted:

Hey guys

Talk to the shop Santa until he gives you a gesture and do what he says. That questline is rad

Gonna have to see what you're on about with this.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

this is probably nuts but i'm finding this so atmospheric that i find myself just running everywhere and forgetting i have a horse, this is going to take ages for me to beat

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

redreader posted:

I've got a 3080, 16gb ram, nvme ssd, 3600 CPU.

Yesterday I turned everything to maximum, 1440p res, and it was ok with a few half-seconds of 2 or 3 fps once in a while, but otherwise smooth.

Today I installed the game-ready Nvidia driver and at one point my monitor actually turned off briefly, and i'm having 1+ second stutters in the same places that were ok yesterday, with no movement on my screen at all during the stutter. What the gently caress? Help please!

Four hours ago I had zero issues (after 8 hours of gameplay). Went away, had dinner, my kid played a bit on his PC using family share… and now it’s having massive stutter issues. Urgh.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

sigher posted:

It's basically BOTW without the bad combat; also good luck not running into a boss because sometimes I've just stumbled across them without trying. lol It's great.

They also removed weapon durability instead of adding it, perfect.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Moon Monster posted:

They also removed weapon durability instead of adding it, perfect.

This is blessed as gently caress.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bedlam posted:

Hey guys

I looked away for a second and missed what gesture he gave, what was it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Who is this mysterious stranger traveling the lands, asking all he meets if they would like a beverage but then delivering blows?

Found this one near a beautifully singing monster who tried to eat me

also, a friend made a pixel art of Nice N. Punchy :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sometimes I remember how people used to think Artorias was hard but now there's an optional boss in the starting zone that makes Artorias look like a chump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm quite prepared to declare margit the worst FROM boss of all time. Got my first phase down? Here's an unending combo until you're dead or flying off the cliff. Trash.

Also I keep getting summoned to people trying to fight the Tree Sentinel on foot? You fight em horse to horse you dummies