Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

From MAKAI to TJPW to Ice Ribbon, Shida is getting a tour around the Joshi promotions.

https://twitter.com/ICERIBBON_jp/status/1497428634381942785?s=20&t=PhFakAwwHJO1HTwd9P423g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
This is the bump I want AEW to give to everyone. I want to see Yamashita answer Serena Deeb's open challenge

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

This is kind of big, Shida hasn't worked Ice Ribbon since 2018 (when she mainly worked with the women who would become Prominence) and hasn't had a match featuring Tsukasa since 2014 in her last match on the roster.

The two together with Miyako Matsumoto were part of the Muscle Venus group that helped put Ice Ribbon on the map and represents a serious thaw in relations.

Power Windows posted:

What distiguishes Emi's philosophy? I've seen the terms Sakuraism and Nanaeism used here and elsewhere. What do they mean?

I've put some serious thought in to this question and it deserves a full reply but it'll take some time to write.

In the mean time there's an unlisted video which I wish was better where Akki directly asks questions about her philosophy and was billed as interview about Sakuraism but there's some major translation and conceptual problems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ISH0jsRXY

Sakura and Nanae chatted with each other in preperation for Sakura's 25th anniversary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q211xfv4bKM

Also of interest is the interview Sakura did with Tetsuya Koda who is the booker for TJPW and whose work with Emi in Neo directly lead to Ice Ribbon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lftv0dtwIY4

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 26, 2022

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Tampa Bae posted:

This is the bump I want AEW to give to everyone. I want to see Yamashita answer Serena Deeb's open challenge

I wonder really how much of a bump AEW really gives in Japan. Riho really didn't mean anything for Wrestle Princess 2 or her appearancs in Stardom. DDT Ultimate Party 2019 really didn't draw that much higher than usual with Kenny there.

No western wrestlers appearing on the shupro fave wrestlers fan vote list may signify that the western companies aren't very popular at the moment over there.

I'm actually curious what effect Kairi will have in Stardom if any at all.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Full card for TJPW's big 3/19 show:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1497421900405886977

Suzume & Arisu Endo vs. Moka Miyamoto & Juria Nagano (debuting)

Nao Kakuta, Mahiro Kiryu, Haruna Neko & Kaya Toribami vs. Yuna Manase, Moeka Haruka, HARUKAZE & YuuRi (TJPW vs. Ganbare Joshi)

Sanshiro Takagi vs. Hyper Misao

Yuki Kamifuku vs. ASUKA

Nodoka Tenma vs. Yuki Aino (I'm not crying you're crying)

Sakisama, Mei Saint-Michel, Martha & Yuikio Saint Laurent vs. Marika Kobashi, Raku, Pom Harajuku & Ram Kaichow

Hikaru Shida vs. Hikari Noa

Maki Itoh vs. Yuki Arai (International Princess Title Match)

Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki vs. Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe (Princess Tag Title Match)

Miyu Yamashita vs. Shoko Nakajima (Princess of Princess Title Match)

Also Magical Sugar Rabbits vs. Bakuretsu Sisters is the main event in Osaka in a couple hours

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Johnny Landmine posted:

Maki Itoh vs. Yuki Arai (International Princess Title Match)

When Idols Collide

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NEO Biishiki-gun full sequence? Sakisama needs to coax Azusa Christie out of retirement

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No Azusa Christie, no Misao, no Yoshiko-sama. We have been deceived

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I can't wait for Yukio to sell Pom's shin kicks, and Takagi vs. Hyper Misao is going to be on a level I can't even imagine.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Johnny Landmine posted:

Also Magical Sugar Rabbits vs. Bakuretsu Sisters is the main event in Osaka in a couple hours

Aw man all four of them are in tears

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Finished watching Cinderella Journey In Nagaoka show, some thoughts.

DDM vs DDM was great, though recently there is a lot of draws in Stardom, that was right decision here. Neither need to lose. Biggest thing coming from here is after match "friendly" tensions between Gulia and Syuri, leading up to their match for red starp.

Starlight Kid vs. AZM - was match of the night as expected.  One of the best matches in recent times. Quick and flawless action from beginning. Some crazy good stuff from AZM in this match. Didn't expected her to win here, but I'm not disappointed. It's time for SLK to climb even here. Plus Cinderella tournament is just around the corner, so wo knows.

Saya Kamitani vs. Natsupoi - I liked built up to the match, where neither of wrestlers could beat each other. That nicely played part in the match since it was  pretty much 50/50 action. Only thing that I didn't liked was, use of big moves. You could clearly see that wrestlers was going from spot to spot in some instances,  and forgetting that the whole point of the match is to pin your opponent and not to do the biggest move possible on him and moving to nexr sequence.

For a C type show, it delivered.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The evil is spreading!
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1497263098029293576

Also Kairi did a tour of her gym.
https://twitter.com/STARDOM_ENG/status/1497176378948657163

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jurist got lit up by magirabi. Mizuki hit some gross forearms.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1498271027935207424

It's that easy to find the Stardom dojo?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The address is on their website. Before COVID they offered casual lessons to women and girls. Lady C got her start there.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Hope they don't ever have issues with stalkers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They have had issues before and so far the new ownership, despite the death of Hana Kimura, have done nothing to curb lovely fan behaviors. Rossy's era wasn't much better but I think he was one of the last "live together train together perform" joshi promoters.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I seem to remember a story recently where Bushiroad won a lawsuit against someone harassing one of their voice actresses.

Oh found it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-02-17/bushiroad-announces-win-in-first-civil-suit-for-defamation/.182712

So it's something at least.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Saya Iida back and wrestling against Aoi on the New Blood show hell yes

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Full card for New Blood 1

Momo Kohgo (STARS) vs Sayaka (Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling)

Unagi Sayaka & Waka Tsukiyama (COSMIC ANGELS) vs Maria & Ai Houzan (Marvelous)

Saya Kamitani & Lady C (Queen's Quest) vs MIRAI & Mai Sakurai (Donna del Mondo)

Hanan & Saya Iida (STARS) vs Tomoka Inaba & Aoi (JUST TAP OUT)

Starlight Kid & Ruaka (Oedo Tai) vs Haruka Umesaki & Nanami (Diana)

Main event: Miyu Amasaki debut match
Utami Hayashishita (Queen's Quest) vs Miyu Amasaki

Event is already sold out so there is definitely gonna be more of these.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

Momo Kohgo (STARS) vs Sayaka (Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling)

I had no idea Gatoh Move would be participating this is very legitimising.

Talking about legitimising Meltzer retweeted Yuka's dumbass dive so he's increasingly Teej aware.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I mean they’ve worked together before (Jungle Kyona worked a few Gatoh Move shows in 2018 and others have done before, Emi showing up at Budokan with everyone etc) so I think it’s more them being one of the more Stardom-adjacent companies out there. SEAd is the only promotion where I’m shocked they aren’t involved in some form.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I suppose Riko Kaiju is maybe above the level of working the rookies show? All I can guess.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I mean Utami and Tall Saya are working it amongst others

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm really happy that Big Saya is back, I missed her

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

Hanan & Saya Iida (STARS) vs Tomoka Inaba & Aoi (JUST TAP OUT)

owns

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nomads got Hakusan to do English translations

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What the hell. I hope Cyber Agent also pays him to do the DDT.TJPW.Ganpro.Noah translations in the future.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Baby Tenma was already eating a lot.
https://twitter.com/nodoka_tjp/status/1498867231866114049

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
More amazed that baby Yuki back there at the right was already blonde

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Stardom card for the 2 Sumo Hall shows.

Day one

Future of Stardom Title Match
(C) Hanan vs Rina

Singles match
Saya Iida vs MIRAI

6 Woman Tag Gauntlet Match
Himeka, Natsupoi & Mai Sakurai
vs
Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Momo Kohgo
vs
Saki Kashima, Fukigen Death & Ruaka
vs
AZM, Lady C & X (It's obvious X is the rookie Miyu who will almost certainly join QQ after her debut against Utami.)

DDM vs Prominence
Maika & Thekla vs Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki

Goddesses of Stardom Title Match
(C) Hazuki & Koguma
vs
Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid

Tag Match
Mayu Iwatani & KAIRI
vs
Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka

Wonder of Stardom Title Match
(C) Saya Kamitani
vs
Utami Hayashishita

World of Stardom Title Match
(C) Syuri vs Giulia

Day two

Future of Stardom Championship Match
(C) Hanan or Rina
vs
Mai Sakurai

Rumble match
Everyone in this graphic
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1499332284582752256

Singles match
3/26 Loser (Saya Kamitani or Utami Hayashishita)
vs
MIRAI

Singles match
Hazuki vs Momo Watanabe

High Speed Title 3 Way Battle
(C) AZM vs Koguma vs Natsupoi

Singles match
KAIRI vs Starlight Kid

DDM vs Prominence
3/26 Loser (Syuri or Giulia), Maika, Himeka & Thekla
vs
Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki, Akane Fujita & Mochi Miyagi

Wonder of Stardom Title Match
(C) Saya Kamitani or Utami Hayashishita
vs
Tam Nakano

World of Stardom Title Match
(C) Syuri or Giulia
vs
Mayu Iwatani

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 3, 2022

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

That's two stacked shows, goddamn

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/IceRibbon_eng/status/1499641418595594240?t=wLsmO4nf0N2jOnmIcPujQg&s=19

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Man, Ice Ribbon really can't catch a break recently

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Rough one for Ice Ribbon. With all these exoduses, losing their top champion on top of that has got to be a real blow. Wonder who they have next to push to the top. At least Maya is completely gone, though they're gonna have to share her with ddt who really like her and Prominence in theory could still make appearance there.

Wrestlers retiring at young sure is a painful possibility unique to Joshi. Don't see many male wrestlers leaving that young unless something horrible happens but you'll often see it here.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stall_19 posted:

I wonder really how much of a bump AEW really gives in Japan. Riho really didn't mean anything for Wrestle Princess 2 or her appearancs in Stardom. DDT Ultimate Party 2019 really didn't draw that much higher than usual with Kenny there.

No western wrestlers appearing on the shupro fave wrestlers fan vote list may signify that the western companies aren't very popular at the moment over there.

I'm actually curious what effect Kairi will have in Stardom if any at all.

Real late on responding to this, but I guess KAIRI was still placing pretty drat high on various fan polls even when she was in WWE. She was the most popular joshi WWE had (at least in terms of Japanese support). Io was below KAIRI, and Asuka is way below them. It'll be interesting to see how much more popular KAIRI will make Stardom now. She has a pretty decently sized fanbase in the west, and if even a fifth of those subscribe to STARDOM World, that will be a pretty big boost to the company.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

a real nice looking nodoka shirt

https://twitter.com/nodoka_tjp/status/1497940441735774217?s=20&t=rYe4wBoCuPXpQDpS_G97AQ

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Real late on responding to this, but I guess KAIRI was still placing pretty drat high on various fan polls even when she was in WWE. She was the most popular joshi WWE had (at least in terms of Japanese support). Io was below KAIRI, and Asuka is way below them. It'll be interesting to see how much more popular KAIRI will make Stardom now. She has a pretty decently sized fanbase in the west, and if even a fifth of those subscribe to STARDOM World, that will be a pretty big boost to the company.

Yes, KAIRI is very popular here. Probably the most popular of the Threedom.

AEW isn't really gonna give much of a boost beyond wrestlers adding "sekai no" to their nicknames because the only way to watch it is on FITE.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Teej is live
Namba time
https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/qyqeVW2Znpoy5o1Rfc8vXx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Boo for putting on a show the same time as Rampage :argh:

Edit: BEE!