Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 21:05 on Feb 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its like he wants to be captured or hit with a smart bomb jesus christ

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

THS2 posted:

i thought we were kidding about them being pick

they're not pick, for the record, but the policy from those who do the alt checks is that we don't out who people's alts are unless it's to ban them for evading probes or permas

but yes they are a rereg and know exactly what they are doing

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

Azathoth posted:

oh no, a boring troll ate a 6er, heaven forefend

Pussy rear end mod

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

the tldr of the article seems to be "they didn't liberalize hard and fast enough"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

i think this weirdo wants ukraine's people to legit sacrifice themselves in some insane "heroic" win or something

it's just normal lib hollywood brain where the good guy underdogs will outsmart the evil russians and win in the final act

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Isn't a long running war the worst possible option? Not only for the Ukrainian people who will be worse off the longer the war goes on, but also increasing the chances of the conflict spilling out or pulling in other countries?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

then your gonna pay for it. Maybe pay too much.

You gonna go to Ukraine and volunteer?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Danann posted:

We've had the magical resurrecting VDV at Hostomel/Gostomel yesterday so I'm skeptical to be honest.

They did a second assault, but by then the Ukrainians had enough time to crater it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Frosted Flake posted:

Their country is lost.

Should it also be destroyed?

have you considered the trauma that a ukrainian surrender would cause me, a lib dipshit?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

just gonna point a big electronic ol' beacon on me, the president of the country being invaded, while im inside an encircled city

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

\
                       \

again i have no ability to alter or change this thing in any way. And neither do the people posting in this thread. So dont talk about chicken hawk poo poo when 80% of the posters in this thread think Ukraine should throw away 30 years of independence because russia.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Isn't a long running war the worst possible option? Not only for the Ukrainian people who will be worse off the longer the war goes on, but also increasing the chances of the conflict spilling out or pulling in other countries?

It hurts our enemies in the short-term and anything that happens after that isn't our problem

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Gripweed posted:

so you think that Germany should have won as quickly as possible in WW2?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

it's just normal lib hollywood brain where the good guy underdogs will outsmart the evil russians and win in the final act
turns out the libs had havana syndrome all along

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

the tldr of the article seems to be "they didn't liberalize hard and fast enough"

Don't care, I only care about the charts.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Yudo posted:

Inflicting Larry Summers on them was the worse crime.

Truth

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

did I miss the news about Russia flattening kindergartens?

Yes. Your boy Putin is committing Chechnya levels of war crime at the moment.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pox posted:

Pussy rear end mod

great insight here from thread regular Pox

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Azathoth posted:

they're not pick, for the record, but the policy from those who do the alt checks is that we don't out who people's alts are unless it's to ban them for evading probes or permas

having alts is mod sanctioned? huh

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Gripweed posted:

It would give more chances for NATO to gently caress up and really start WWIII

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gripweed posted:

yes but what if the horrific consequences of insurgency and civil war hurt russia more than europe the us?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

THS2 posted:

so you think that Germany should have won as quickly as possible in WW2?

You can't just put "so" in front of any drat thing and act like it therefore follows the thing you're responding to logically.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Gripweed posted:

It is, but like many gamblers, Putin didn't expect to lose the cream of his cream in the first 24 hours trying to capture the capital's airport.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

did I miss the news about Russia flattening kindergartens?

yeah bellingcat reported it

they didn't blow up a hospital though (yet?) they just happen to blow up something outside of one

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gripweed posted:

You can't just put "so" in front of any drat thing and act like it therefore follows the thing you're responding to logically.

so yes i can

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Louis CK just got beheaded by Chechens

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Azathoth posted:

They're doing a good Pick impression then.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

StashAugustine posted:

lol the whole point of nato is for the americans to wave their dick around, they're not going to place it under EU control

leave and remake it like the orange man wanted, it's still north atlantic if canada is still in, right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

THS2 posted:

to be completely clear here, before I look like some kind of rear end in a top hat, I want to say that i condemn War

So you're saying the United States should've let the Confederacy secede?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1497441293944832000?s=20&t=e9uPfovkNM8p6faak0JxWQ

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fits my needs posted:

having alts is mod sanctioned? huh

uh yeah? that's never been a problem. just can't use them to evade a probation, that'll get the alt banned

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Zelenskyy really does seem set on being murdered. Otoh, it seems wise enough to let people know you still haven’t been murdered yet, so if/when it does happen, it’s bad optics

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

We've had the magical resurrecting VDV at Hostomel/Gostomel yesterday so I'm skeptical to be honest.

I've seen this a lot in this thread and do people really not understand that an army can direct more than one attack at something?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
How did Ukraine have an functioning airforce on day 3 of the conflict? So alive you could see them running CAP over Kyiv on livestreams.

How do you gently caress your doorkick so much?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Man Musk posted:

It is, but like many gamblers, Putin didn't expect to lose the cream of his cream in the first 24 hours trying to capture the capital's airport.

gamblers never expect to lose the cream of their cream.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Man Musk posted:

Yes. Your boy Putin is committing Chechnya levels of war crime at the moment.

hrm okay

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I've seen this a lot in this thread and do people really not understand that an army can direct more than one attack at something?

there were reports of them being around even before the 200 helicopter follow up assault

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Gripweed posted:

So you're saying the United States should've let the Confederacy secede?

what's up with your usmc funko pop collection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Conspiratiorist posted:

How did Ukraine have an functioning airforce on day 3 of the conflict? So alive you could see them running CAP over Kyiv on livestreams.

How do you gently caress your doorkick so much?

oh yeah did we ever get anything more on that plane that was shot down over kiev last night