Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Tell me your entire idea of what Russia is is built out of cold war propaganda without telling me.

Modern Russia has lots of problems but lack of die hard committed nationalists is not one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETNSVEumyJk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

They look like they’re doing it at gunpoint and keeping an eye on the death squad in case they have any other bizarre demands.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this is what’s wrong with society

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Sounds like a way better deal than dying in a poo poo soaked trench.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Better bug paste and pods than being homeless or starving imo. Kinda sad that I find that to be an optimistic outcome, but this is cspam so at least I'm not alone

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i was about to post that at least puerile young adult novels are better than tv and marvel movies but then i remembered how many brains have been broken by harry potter :(

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

The only books I want to see this on are the Artemis Fowl books.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Young adult as a genre and a community is deeply cursed, its like anime in that it attracts the worst people

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Think of the honor and glory in dying in a rich man's war though

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Look, so few people read books any more that I don't care if grown adults are reading Lord Dragonicus and the Sword of Fancy, I'm just glad they're reading a goddamn book. I had a conversation with a coworker in his 50s a few months ago where I asked what was the last book he read, and he said he wasn't sure because it was something in high school. :smith:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Look, so few people read books any more that I don't care if grown adults are reading Lord Dragonicus and the Sword of Fancy, I'm just glad they're reading a goddamn book. I had a conversation with a coworker in his 50s a few months ago where I asked what was the last book he read, and he said he wasn't sure because it was something in high school. :smith:

some books count as negative

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNcStdF_Ok&t=8s

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

How! posted:

I’m so tired

have you tried a free defecation pass?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they're right, reading is gay

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah, I stand with something alright...

WITH MY COCK FULLY ERECT FOR WAR. :unsmigghh:

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Reading quality books > reading young adult books > reading comic books/webcomics > reading tweets and other social media crap > reading literally nothing. At least they're reading something longer than a couple sentences at a shot.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Eulogistics posted:

Reading quality books > reading young adult books > reading comic books/webcomics > reading tweets and other social media crap > reading literally nothing > reading my posts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reading nothing is healthier than endlessly re-reading harry potter.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

reading my posts >>>>>>>>>>>

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/HeathcliffBot/status/1497255191875362820?t=B7RuP7v1N_NPyIq4fhHHCw&s=19

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

The only books I want to see this on are the Artemis Fowl books.

Would discworld count because it's junky and for kids but its also amusing

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

reading nothing is healthier than endlessly re-reading harry potter.
much like watching nothing is better than endlessly rewatching the office

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Discworld isn't For Kids, it's just well-written and accessible

Discworld is good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Discworld is for everyone

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Good Omens could easily be shelved as YA but it's actually just a great book

speaking of which i don't currently have a copy so i need to get my eighth copy of it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1497405072896139264?t=IrEXLQm4o1ZKDUMaA4Mp5g&s=19

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I read Discworld when I was a young adult and these days I'll still re read them in times of stress because I find them comforting and familiar.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

https://twitter.com/sinecuris/status/1495496036055662592?s=20&t=rYGetiDmArHNhrC4NwZEvw

e: gotdang twitter cropping

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
There's specifically a YA discworld series (Tiffany Aching) and it's better than any other YA thing I've read. You can see Pratchett writing his own death from Alzheimer's into it :smith:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

I read Discworld when I was a young adult and these days I'll still re read them in times of stress because I find them comforting and familiar.
when I find myself in times of sorrow
Terry Pratchett comes to me
speaking words of whimsy
let it be

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

There's specifically a YA discworld series (Tiffany Aching) and it's better than any other YA thing I've read. You can see Pratchett writing his own death from Alzheimer's into it :smith:

Terry himself said that the only differences between his normal books and his "young adult" books were that the protagonists were younger, and that the YA books were darker.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

They're the perfect audiobook for me at night (and it's all on youtube) because I know the stories so it doesn't matter if I fall asleep. Also the audiobooks are excellent.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:vince:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the juxtaposition with marge's head is illuminating

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Is the flagpole behind Marge lodged in her hair or something? It doesn't look right.
I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The original art they're using there is fanart of Violet Evergarden, a series about a soldier who lost her arms and was horrifically traumatized by war trying to reintegrate into society and learn how to make emotional connections with people.