Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lemony posted:

Greetings from Canada, whose airborne regiment became so full of warcriming sociopaths (like, higher than the expected army average) that the government straight up disbanded them.

Our SAS too, except the government hasn't disbanded them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Military bad, it is true

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lemony posted:

Greetings from Canada, whose airborne regiment became so full of warcriming sociopaths (like, higher than the expected army average) that the government straight up disbanded them.

According to a couple of buddies I have in the armed forces, the whole regiment has been memory holed and everyone tries to pretend they never existed in the first place.

Given a bunch of the recent poo poo getting reported out of the Canadian forces, I don't think it made any positive difference.

I also remember reading about the insanely bloodthirsty Canadian soldiers in WW1

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Moola posted:

I also remember reading about the insanely bloodthirsty Canadian soldiers in WW1

pretty sure the first use of "stormtrooper" was applied to the canadians

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Fashionable Jorts posted:

pretty sure the first use of "stormtrooper" was applied to the canadians

In Both wars the Canadian, Australian and New Zealand troops were feared shock troops used to take positions.

Then again, you'd probably have trouble picking the racists out back then, it would be the majority.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

The Lone Badger posted:

Our SAS too, except the government hasn't disbanded them.

Because it is unpatriotic to say anything bad about our heroes in the armed forces. Next you'll be saying that you don't have a union jack hung over the mantle piece or listen to Boris on the wireless.

And now for funky Lando, pattern before and after glazing apparently.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The glazing washed most of the color out, is that normal?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Kwyndig posted:

There may be some ink in there as well, I know when I'm using dip or doing terrain, I paint much brighter colours, knowing they will be knocked back by the next layers.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Kwyndig posted:

I think they used a very dilute layer of the base colour to diffuse the pattern. Glazing is all about blending really, it's just a really striking pattern.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It's also very likely that the shine of it is overwhelming the colours below, and would look a lot more vibrant in person than pictures.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Thanks for the simple green reccomendations, I used that, an old tooth brush and an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the plastics up without destroying them. Some of the models had almost every colour from the starter paint sent back in the early 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIAVFbOI4-o

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 23, 2022

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Poor guy kept getting bounced from chapter to chapter

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Kharnifex posted:

Thanks for the simple green reccomendations, I used that, an old tooth brush and an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the plastics up without destroying them. Some of the models had almost every colour from the starter paint sent back in the early 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIAVFbOI4-o

Reminds me of letting my niece have a go at painting and she set out to use a bit of every brightly coloured or metallic paint I had on the rack. They looked like a cyberpunk rainbow applied as camouflage, but she had fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

Reminds me of letting my niece have a go at painting and she set out to use a bit of every brightly coloured or metallic paint I had on the rack. They looked like a cyberpunk rainbow applied as camouflage, but she had fun.

I'm gonna paint that new eldar kill team like that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dazzle camo.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

They can't see me if I'm so bright I blind them.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Can't camouflage a 2 metre tall fascist superman wearing a tank so lets just go LOUD AND PROUD.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but would anyone want to know what you get in one of the Warlord Games Surprise boxes? I actually got 2-3 things I can use, and maybe some stuff I can use in the distant future.

Helps I have a huge shame pile of different projects I can add them to.

Does anyone know WTF a League of Fattties Kit is?

Does anyone know what this painted(!) biplane is and whose flag that is?

Full indervidual pictures of everything at my bog.

What I actually wanted:

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 24, 2022

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

League of fatties is probably from a judge dredd game?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It should be, or something heavily ripping it off.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Comstar posted:

Does anyone know what this painted(!) biplane is and whose flag that is?

Italian Cr.42 Falco

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

goatface posted:

It should be, or something heavily ripping it off.

It's legit and probably what you expect.

quote:

The League of Fatties - "they were the real heavy mob" - were a short-lived fattie criminal organisation led by Dick Porker. In the aftermath of the Apocalypse War, harsh rationing was in effect. Tensions grew as Fatties struggles to keep their weight up, and hungry norms began to see Fatties as overprivileged and greedy. As a result, the League of Fatties formed and began stealing food in brazen raids. (Some even committed suicide to halt a Texas City food convoy)

Their incompetence meant they were only a minor threat but they caused so much social disorder that Chief Judge McGruder segregated everyone over 300lbs into fat blocks.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

REMOVE THE BELLYWHEELS! I read those comics when in like 1991 and that panel has stuck with me since then.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo, but there's a bellywheel in Dredd (2012):

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

oh poo poo hahahahaha nice

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
That explains the source of these 3d models I got as part of a pateron.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Haha that's Fat Weird Al in the front there

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist on the right

*edit* and a fat Slave Leia

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Im all in for advance wars 40k

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Bucnasti posted:

That explains the source of these 3d models I got as part of a pateron.

Yeah in the Dredd comics being a competitive fat rear end is a legitimately respected proffession

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

wowzers, I'm normally 50/50 on all-proxy armies, but a full monofaction army of all these would be incredible

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Never anticipated wanting a chibi sisters kill team.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Who was it earlier that made the Advance Wars reference?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

moths posted:

Never anticipated wanting a chibi sisters kill team.

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Marchen%20Atelier?show=store

moths
Aug 25, 2004

These are great and actually reasonably priced!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

moths posted:

These are great and actually reasonably priced!

They're just the stl files so you still have to get them printed but yeah, not unreasonable at all.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.