Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I THINK all throne world weapons will drop from any source on the planet once you've had one, so it's not that bad. It's probably best to save your Fynch level up engrams until you have one of each because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I unlocked tarnation and didnt see any while looting a ton of chests that gave throne world weapons.

Also, zero point banking Fynch engrams until 30 since they just give world pool before 30, and 30 requires you to loot all stored engrams.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just beat legendary campaign, went all :eyepop: at the ending

Game slaps, osteo striga rules and the more solidified identity of the darkness in general is a big step up from shadowkeep. It seemed like bungie didn't settle on the darkness's 'culture' and themes until now.

I think glaives are loving terrible though. Such a poo poo and uninteresting weapon to use, and I can't see any real use for them. If you're having to melee with them in any reasonably challenging content, you're as good as loving dead. Try using one in the legendary campaign and your lifespan will be measured in picoseconds. The ranged feature is weak and doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to justify low clip sizes and special ammo slot.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 26, 2022

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Just beat legendary campaign, went all :eyepop: at the ending

Game slaps, osteo striga rules and the more solidified identity of the darkness in general is a big step up from shadowkeep. It seemed like bungie didn't settle on the darkness's 'culture' and themes until now.

I think glaives are loving terrible though. Such a poo poo and uninteresting weapon to use, and I can't see any real use for them. If you're having to melee with them in any reasonably challenging content, you're as good as loving dead. Try using one in the legendary campaign and your lifespan will be measured in picoseconds. The ranged feature is weak and doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to justify low clip sizes and special ammo slot.

the glaive shield is incredibly strong and can block a goliath tank shot even on legendary, while still letting you shoot back.

the supressing glaive artifact mod is busted, giving a blinding effect to both ranged and melee. Though since that's a seasonal thing we'll have to see how that goes in the future.

I used melee in legendary campaign and 1550 nightfall as both void hunter and titan. You can't just walk up and start smacking especially big things, but if you separate enemies it's totally viable.

The ranged could def use a buff though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The melee combo on glaives feels really good, but the projectile is poo poo. Either make it hit like a truck, or make the hitbox bigger.

The sheer amount of new complex stuff felt impenetrable at first, but if you do the campaign first, it feels like there's a ton of ongoing post-campaign content which some of the other expansions were really lacking. Bungie has finally nailed how to deliver content over the past year or so. And I LOVE that they finally gave us a shooting gallery to test out our weapons.

Witness looks like a Matrix-era goth kid. I like the billowing heads, but I was hoping for something way weirder looking in the face and body structure.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
One of the glaive "barrel" options has the effect of greatly increasing range; it'll never be a sniper rifle but it lets you plink at things and hit guys on distant ledges you probably wouldn't expect to. And yeah, suppressing glaive is mandatory for now, especially in legendary campaign

I was expecting more of a Taken King structure where you force Savathun to retreat at the end of the campaign and actually kill her stone dead for good in the raid. I didn't expect to kill her solo and also meet the next big bad immediately. It was a pretty badass fight though, and I like the logic of how you beat her

vvvvvv If you go to the enclave and walk past the crafting table, there's a chasm with a bunch of weird things hanging in the air. You can shoot them and watch numbers pop out and they don't move so you can use them for range testing. You will eventually be led here by a post-campaign quest if you don't discover it

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 26, 2022

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

And I LOVE that they finally gave us a shooting gallery to test out our weapons.

What's this, now?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

What's this, now?

Behind the forge is another staircase, there's some coins floating you can shoot to test falloff.

Unfortunately they aren't enemies so you can't test aim assist and can't kill them so can't test any kill procs. But it's still a nice addition (not as nice as menagerie but at least it's something).

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is that their actual purpose, or is that just incidental to some other thing I haven’t done yet?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It replenishes your ammo as you fire, so yeah, target practice seems to be the only purpose.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

vvvvvv If you go to the enclave and walk past the crafting table, there's a chasm with a bunch of weird things hanging in the air. You can shoot them and watch numbers pop out and they don't move so you can use them for range testing. You will eventually be led here by a post-campaign quest if you don't discover it

Speaking of floating objects that can be shot but not destroyed, there's a wisp in the Altar of Reflections that says "Immune" if you shoot it. Purely decorative objects don't typically do that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, there are a bunch of those around, and a related triumph. There’s a thing you can do later after some other post-campaign questing.

I’ve gotten as far as learning the thing but refuse to use a walkthrough to find them, that part I actually enjoy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Parasite is low key kind of loving amazing. Even without any stacks it hits for like 200k.

I kinda want to make a build around it...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Plus, the quest line for it involves Mara Sov not actually loving something up, so that was fun

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bad Munki posted:

Plus, the quest line for it involves Mara Sov not actually loving something up, so that was fun

Indeed! Great dialogue in it too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I ran a few wellsprings with Parasite equipped, and the worm had dialogue at the end

was that specifically because I had parasite on, or is that just a thing that can happen generally

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Have any of Mara's schemes been a failure?? She's batting a thousand from what I can recall

She even picked up the bonus objective from the Savathun Heist last season

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

I ran a few wellsprings with Parasite equipped, and the worm had dialogue at the end

was that specifically because I had parasite on, or is that just a thing that can happen generally

I've seen parasite dialog at the start without it equipped. I assume it's just related to unlocking it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s so funny that Savathun’s master plan was to have no plan and die from getting stabbed in the kidneys by a rock, just masterful storytelling and one of the unironically best directed cut scenes in the series

LoL

lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s so funny that Savathun’s master plan was to have no plan and die from getting stabbed in the kidneys by a rock, just masterful storytelling and one of the unironically best directed cut scenes in the series

LoL

lmao

Say whaaaaat? Savathun's death and revival by Immaru was incredibly orchestrated. You know that wasn't the first time she and her ghost had met, right?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL

lmao

I took it as her plan was to teleport away as soon as the crystal broke. So in that sense, she did succeed. But it seems like she had a crystal shard lodged into her lung which lead to a painful death in front of the traveler. I could be wrong, but that was the impression that I got.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Glaive kinda owns. The shooting part is actually pretty strong when you're in range and it's hampered by low clip size and bad reload speed. Luckily there are solutions to both and having a fast melee to clear red bars and a decent shoot to kill yellows on the same weapon is pretty good.

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL

lmao

It was all planned out though but it was a gamble. That's why she says wouldn't it be funny if you just let me die? to the Traveler. She set up her Throneworld to Memento her past back to her in case her plan worked out and she was turned into a Risen by the Traveler. It all basically hinged on "if I die on Earth as a normal living being without the touch of Darkness and I dunno, maybe pray a lot to the Traveler I have a chance of being rezzed by a Ghost" although it's entirely possible she put some magic on herself that tagged herself as Ghost Targetable before losing her Worm.

Mesadoram posted:

Indeed! Great dialogue in it too.

Uh huh...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe you guys picked lovely perks Idk my glaive is a murder-machine and the ranged attack mulches yellow bars

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eej posted:

Uh huh...

The sass was such a :allears: moment.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Savathun and Immaru have been in cahoots since before the events of Season of the Lost

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe you guys picked lovely perks Idk my glaive is a murder-machine and the ranged attack mulches yellow bars

It's real powerful against stuff on patrol or in like, Playlist strikes, but it's pretty anemic against high level content. The seasonal artifact mods will give it some utility in Legend+ content but it's definitely not going to be a stellar weapon in season 17 and beyond :negative:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
There seems to be a very strong correlation between Glaive hatred and use of an unimproved Glaive in legend campaign. It wrecks in normal content especially once you tweak its perks a bit and get the Suppressing Glaive mod.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Wading into melee with it isn't super great if you're afraid of dying, though proccing Devour and going ham on a swarm of red bars does feel pretty badass

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Suppressing glaive let’s you chain melee almost anything to death if no one interferes

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Shout out to whomever mentioned Xur was selling Dead Man's Tale with Vorpal Weapon. The vorpal roll really helped me get past those stupid cabal tanks I was stuck on in the campaign.

What rolls should I be looking out for with Xur for Hawkmoon?

Also, very glad Bungie has hopefully given up on the random rolls on Exotics? I really hate that poo poo.

EDIT: Does Dead Man's Tale Catalyst still drop from somewhere?

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 26, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snuffman posted:

quote:

The following catalysts now have a chance to drop when completing Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit activities:
Hawkmoon
Dead Man's Tale
Ager's Scepter
Outbreak Perfected
Whisper of the Worm
The Fourth Horseman

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
There’s also a Monarque catalyst now, I got it from my first gambit match of Witch Queen.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

Suppressing glaive let’s you chain melee almost anything to death if no one interferes

It's real good at stunlocking Nightmares in Altars of Sorrow.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

It's real good at stunlocking Nightmares in Altars of Sorrow.

the fact that you don't need to ADS for several seconds for the stun makes it an easy first choice for unstoppables

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

There’s also a Monarque catalyst now, I got it from my first gambit match of Witch Queen.

Oh poo poo. I love the Monarque. Does the catalyst do anything good?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snuffman posted:

Shout out to whomever mentioned Xur was selling Dead Man's Tale with Vorpal Weapon. The vorpal roll really helped me get past those stupid cabal tanks I was stuck on in the campaign.

What rolls should I be looking out for with Xur for Hawkmoon?

Also, very glad Bungie has hopefully given up on the random rolls on Exotics? I really hate that poo poo.

Hammer forged / Smallbore for the barrel perk. most things like killing wind, moving target, opening shot are good - range finder is ideal. For the grip perk, really anything that stats out the weapon rather than having negatives is going to be good combat/smooth/polymer are good.

The only bad perks are kind of surplus, quickdraw and hip fire in the middle column. Anything he sells is probably going to be worth trying out. Some people don't like the recoil pattern others do. It's also pretty much only good in PVP. Yeah you can use the paracausal for decent damage in PVE but it's kind of a waste in slot considering other options. My ideal would be Hammer forged, range finder and smooth grip.

Play around with rolls in this site https://d2gunsmith.com/ for a lot of different stuff if you're not sure if something is worth keeping or if you're running the right perk combos. If you've already got a god roll Eyasluna or Palindrome for PVP you're probably already set for handcannons though and it's nice to have but not a need.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Snuffman posted:

Oh poo poo. I love the Monarque. Does the catalyst do anything good?

Some stat boosts and unrelenting. Not a game changer but very nice.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I got to the final phase of the Moth Mom fight and for whatever reason I just can’t clutch it on legendary. I know what I have to do but I am just getting absolutely roasted by the wizards before I can take them out (usually on the second dps round).

I should just swap Gjally for Bad Omens and take a secondary exotic with solar like Hard Light but I was trying not to swap away from my high dps heavy for the dps phase. Probably need to just swap my gear around and give it another go.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tensokuu posted:

I got to the final phase of the Moth Mom fight and for whatever reason I just can’t clutch it on legendary. I know what I have to do but I am just getting absolutely roasted by the wizards before I can take them out (usually on the second dps round).

I should just swap Gjally for Bad Omens and take a secondary exotic with solar like Hard Light but I was trying not to swap away from my high dps heavy for the dps phase. Probably need to just swap my gear around and give it another go.

Keep Gjallarhorn and use that new solar pulse to strip the witch shields.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the secret to legendary really is just putting a little thought into your loadout. A long-range heavy for boss damage, a solar weapon for wizard killing, and a staple primary to handle everything else (which can also be solar). I did well with a roaming super that could take out more than one wizard and entourage per pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you have the artifact mod for damage resist throw that on.

You can also just kill 2 of the wizards for thread cutter x2 an then clear the other ads (except the 3rd wizard) and no more enemies will spawn - you don't do as much damage as x3 but you can chip enough to kill her from there.