Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I have no idea how Florida is beating Aubirn right now. We are such a terrible team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

fyallm posted:

I have no idea how Florida is beating Aubirn right now. We are such a terrible team

:razorback2: broke their winning streak

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Let’s see if the clones can hang onto a 15 point lead this time.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky wins by 9 after trailing by 12 with 3 minutes in the first half. Lead by as many as 16 in the 2nd. Did it with 2 guards injured and not playing, essentially only played 5 guys today.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Clones up 15 at the half, let Sooners get within 5 and then went on a huge run and now up 22. Finally a good offensive game for ISU.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Wow, Florida stole that win for sure

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fyallm posted:

Wow, Florida stole that win for sure

College basketball is the best.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1495146070850088964

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
At this rate the Tennessee Arky game isn’t gonna break 80

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Joey Freshwater posted:

At this rate the Tennessee Arky game isn’t gonna break 80

Neither team can shoot, and when they can it’s Calvinball to see if the refs will allow murder or if breathing on someone is a foul. Most haphazard half of basketball from all three teams I have seen in a long time lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol the refs in this Arkansas-Tennessee game are loving dire

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol the refs in this Arkansas-Tennessee game are loving dire

So, so, so bad.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

JD fouled out, smh

Let Bobby Portis suit up

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee could easily be leading if they could hit a goddamn basket

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee could easily be leading if they could hit a goddamn basket

Yeah say what you want about the refs but if we’re shooting only slightly better we’re winning. Shooting has been loving garbage

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yup. So many wide opened shots just wiffed. James was dog poo poo

Arkansas scored like 2 points in the last 5 minutes. Just awful

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas survives the refs, picks up another top 25 win, should be considered locks for the ncaa tournament now :toot:

Anthony Black was visiting today, we rolled out the red carpet for him, hopefully made up enough ground with him, although I expect he will probably end up at Gonzaga, think we were too late in the process

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Sloppy game, but I'll take the win

Go hogs

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I want to like this Vols team but it’s incredible how they can go 5-10 minutes any given game and just not score any points. Miss wide open shots again and again. They can beat anyone when they’re on the ball but holy shot when they’re off, it’s the worst basketball you’ve ever seen

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Swat.

E: if anyone gets vid of that tweet of the Christian Koloko block against Oregon I'd like it.

Rick fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 20, 2022

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

What the gently caress, coach fight?

(UM/Wisc.)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

glyph posted:

What the gently caress, coach fight?

(UM/Wisc.)

Yup, posted to the main thread, but:

[quote]Michigan is going to be without their Head Coach for a while. Yeesh.

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1495489699246444550

https://twitter.com/byAustinMeek/status/1495491085224878094

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue has matched their 3 point output from the December matchup by the underr 12 timeout.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue has matched their 3 point output from the December matchup by the underr 12 timeout.

Revenge games are a hell of a drug.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lol Mulcahy embowed in the face and the refs call a foul on him. refs getting revenge too.

CLIFF POSTORIZED EDEY.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 20, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Lol Mulcahy embowed in the face and the refs call a foul on him. refs getting revenge too.

He ran into Furst and got 2 free throws for it.

And possession

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

He ran into Furst and got 2 free throws for it.

And possession

lol he didn't run into anything he got an elbow in the face.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

The part I don't understand about this is, like, okay, if your opponent swaps out their starters when they're up by twenty or so, and you start playing a full-court press and fouling like you want to win, what do you want the opposing coach to do, just sorta let it happen?

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Cliff Omoruyi with probably the dumbest technical foul ever lmao

He's also missed like 3 dunks in hilarious fashion.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Cliff Omoruyi with probably the dumbest technical foul ever lmao

He's also missed like 3 dunks in hilarious fashion.

That is the move that Mutombo used to do every play and now it's a technical.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DrankSinatra posted:

The part I don't understand about this is, like, okay, if your opponent swaps out their starters when they're up by twenty or so, and you start playing a full-court press and fouling like you want to win, what do you want the opposing coach to do, just sorta let it happen?

Both teams had their bench people out, Juwan was an rear end by running a trap, Gard was an rear end about the timeout/slowness, and the Michigan players didn't throw the first punch, but Terrence got a punchface:

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1495551533110415363?t=04NoSNBpC-4ZFKLmwj7fxQ&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Big 12 refs seem so close to blow whistles. 12 minutes to go in the half and Clones already in the bonus.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Not surprised Rutgers laying an egg in this game at all. Splitting with Michigan this season was a minor miracle.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that there’s no such thing as Big 12 refs. Some guys tend to ref around their home area so they might do multiple big 12 games but they also do other conferences if anything it’s by region I guess?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

OMFG, clones get a steal and score, then WVU has a million tips around the basket and none go in. Clones just need to close this out.

Wow a 12 point comeback for the Clones and a lot of offense for two defensive teams.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I like that LSUs post players are allowed to bear hug Oscar Tshiebwe any time they like without being called for a foul, but he still has a 15/15 game.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Michigan St is out of their shooting slump, 8-13 from 3 so far.

Meanwhile Purdue is 1-9, because of course they are.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 26, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lol

Of course a guy fresh off the bench gets the roll, Purdue makes everyone they play clutch.

They do give up slightly above average open 3 point attempts this year, however, most teams who give up the same percentage allow 1.1 - 1.2 PPP on those shots. Purdue is over 1.6. It's unreal and refuses to regress to the mean.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 26, 2022

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Yeah that was an annoying end to the game.

gently caress Tom Izzo as always

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This UK Ark game is going to be fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

This UK Ark game is going to be fun as hell

Already worn out being in the crowd haha.Gotta keep striking while the iron is hot, Kentucky is gonna go on a run at some point