Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

None of this is a funny picture though, so have this random pic from my saved files:

(which is admittedly probably only funny to me and anyone as 90s-poisoned as me, but it was the first one that come up, sue me)

"...see, Jerry, I realised that if man if five, then the devil is six."
"The devil is six?"
"The devil is six."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just a bit of pareidolia on her bag:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

"...see, Jerry, I realised that if man if five, then the devil is six."
"The devil is six?"
"The devil is six."

I appreciate this post.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

kazil posted:

I don't know how you Brits can get mad when people don't know what goes on on your islands. You are all just making this poo poo up.

In America, we do things right. New York City is in New York. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma. Kansas City is in Kansas.

And Washington is famously in Washington, to avoid confusion.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kazil posted:

I don't know how you Brits can get mad when people don't know what goes on on your islands. You are all just making this poo poo up.

In America, we do things right. New York City is in New York. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma. Kansas City is in Kansas.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

He bought me a soda and tried to molest me in the parking lot

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bug Squash posted:

Why is there a guy's face trapped in that woman's handbag like the phantom zone?

Now I can't unsee it. "While you travel with the pony, the woman in black travels with your soul in her purse"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Remulak posted:

He bought me a soda and tried to molest me in the parking lot

“The parking lot, Jerry!”

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

In all fairness, part of Kansas City is in Kansas. It just so happens to be a very small part of Kansas City, and for reasons related to there being a state border in the middle of the city it's technically two cities in a single metropolitan area.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/SqKoHWO.mp4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I can understand, it's hard for me to not give up on sex after my wife and I watch studly god Rich Evans hold court. How could I possibly compare? Whats the point?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

Isn’t there also a complication regarding the city’s government and the historic power of the crown? Like the city of London had special privileges that the rest of London didn’t or something and has a Lord Mayor of its own. I’m not sure

Loads (plus all sorts of extra oddities like who's allowed to fish where) but I could go on for literally hours about this and this probably isn't the best place, is there a "PYF weird municipal legal statuses" thread we can take this to?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

In all fairness, part of Kansas City is in Kansas. It just so happens to be a very small part of Kansas City, and for reasons related to there being a state border in the middle of the city it's technically two cities in a single metropolitan area.

If we're talking history it's also the line between the North and the South in the Civil War so yeah they're two different cities.

People always ask me if I'm from Kansas City Kansas or Kansas City Missouri. It's a way to demonstrate that they know there's a difference and sure I appreciate the effort. I'm from a suburb in Kansas which is preferable to Missouri according to a very biased ME but also the part people don't understand is that Kansas City, Kansas is a total shithole and nobody is proud to be from that particular area. Think meat-packing district with cannibal zombie vagrants.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

kiimo posted:

Think meat-packing district with cannibal zombie vagrants.

tell me more about these cannibal zombie vagrants

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ok, then why is Michigan City in Indiana

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lazy_Liberal posted:

tell me more about these cannibal zombie vagrants

It's where they put all the haunted houses during Halloween because you don't have to change much

Halloween

The rest of the year

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7X7cEh5au8

Before any American weighs in on London/City of London they must explain this!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Worcestershire

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think my favourite of those was a russian trying to pronounce all the US states and getting to ohio, which was pronounced och-yo

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

OwlFancier posted:

I think my favourite of those was a russian trying to pronounce all the US states and getting to ohio, which was pronounced och-yo

Ah, simple mistake. Clearly he got confused with Chad Ochocinco, who played for the Cincinnati Bengals

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Och as in och aye, with the voiceless velar fricative.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Och as in och aye, with the voiceless velar fricative.

I don’t think wizards or Sauron have anything to do with this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wizards are a basketball team.

Chad Ochocinco played football.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7X7cEh5au8

Before any American weighs in on London/City of London they must explain this!

It was already explained, either in this thread or the Meme thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

kazil posted:

Worcestershire

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kazil posted:

Worcestershire

Gesundheit.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pennsylvania has the California University of Pennsylvania located in California, PA and the Indiana University of Pennsylvania located in Indiana, PA.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Pennsylvania has the California University of Pennsylvania located in California, PA and the Indiana University of Pennsylvania located in Indiana, PA.

They also got the Ligma University.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Isn't Steve Jobs an alum?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

kazil posted:

Worcestershire

Worce (wore-ss)-name of founder, discoverer, or original lord (or whatever bullshit someone made up)
Ster (stir)- federally recognized land governed without need of crown military presence
Shire (shirr)- pastoral plains/farming land

Warss ster shirr

My family just calls it 'woowoo sauce'.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

kazil posted:

Worcestershire

I think you need a fully developed Ric Flair to pronounce this.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

That's in Intercourse.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

flavor.flv posted:

I used to make edits of hagar the horrible in the newspaper comic thread to be more historically accurate, then eventually I started just rewriting them entirely to make my own jokes

More, more!! Make a thread! Sell an ebook - I'd buy it, honest to Thor

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

e:
wrong thread

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Feb 27, 2022

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

I think you need a fully developed Ric Flair to pronounce this.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I am fairly certain a fully developed Ric Flair is 8 beers and 4 shots of liquor in under 90 minutes.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

kiimo posted:

It's where they put all the haunted houses during Halloween because you don't have to change much

Halloween

The rest of the year

The Edge of Hell sign is up all year.

Also, all the Johnson County suburbs are bad (actually, all the KC suburbs are bad). Prairie Village is the worst of the worst, though.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm already missing a leg and I'll never respect anyone not missing at least one limb.

In My opinion anyone with all functional limbs is less than human.

What about internals? I'm short a few feet of small intestine and my gall bladder. And a foreskin that's been missing for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

dialhforhero posted:

I am fairly certain a fully developed Ric Flair is 8 beers and 4 shots of liquor in under 90 minutes.

Whoo!