Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

I just realized the forums have a Putin smilie (:hitler:), but no Ukraine smilies. Does anyone have the Photoshop skills to turn out a Saint Javelin or a crying sunflower against the Ukrainian flag?

Any Ukrainian smiley need to be based on Taras Shevchenko's amazing mustache:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

https://twitter.com/lesiavasylenko/status/1497677986136576002

Sounds like Russia are going to be pushing hard for Kyiv tonight.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
What's going on here just now (22:09 CET)?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There's a world of difference between training people and launching attacks.

Oh, I know that — this is just me getting super prepared to NOT be surprised if this war keeps being a Cool Zone innovator disrupting whether those differences mean war or not, and to whom.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Groda posted:

Probably this:

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/status/1497676612812230657?t=BW_TaD5tXENCPogYKJbwDQ&s=19

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.

biglads posted:

What is his account name?

Expect the stupids to start quieting down and reframing things.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

EvilHawk posted:

Oh no....this is gonna be bad, isn't it?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

EvilHawk posted:

I think there's no chance they don't take Kyiv over the next few days at this point. It's just bizarre what the plan will be after they hoist the flag onto govt buildings. The forward forces just chill around the city center in a big blob with no supplies and get potshotted? They're gonna helicopter in some dude from Moscow and declare him king of Ukraine?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Any Ukrainian smiley need to be based on Taras Shevchenko's amazing mustache:

or any of the dudes here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Can we get multiple sources for this? Asking since we already had a dud story today with Bosphorus passage.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Groda posted:

They lifted off some time apart from Georgia. Maybe one of them was grounded for a while and the other one caught up in the schedule?

I think your tracker just cut off the Georgia part.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Can we get multiple sources for this? Asking since we already had a dud story today with Bosphorus passage.

Tagesschau:

https://www.tagesschau.de/newsticker/liveblog-ukraine-samstag-101.html#Luftraum

Machine translated

quote:

The EU states will close their airspace to Russian aircraft. This was reported to the ARD capital studio. The Baltic states have already announced that they will close their airspace to Russian aircraft. The Baltic states' flight ban will apply from midnight on Sunday to aircraft of airlines with licences issued by the Russian Federation. The closure of the airspace of the three EU and NATO countries will take place simultaneously and for an indefinite period, the Ministry of Transport in Vilnius announced. Exceptions are to be made for emergency landings and humanitarian flights. Poland, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria have also already closed their airspace to Russian aircraft.

Translated with https://www.deepl.com/Translator (free version)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

wetdela posted:

Expect the stupids to start quieting down and reframing things.

Kadyrov's already posted to deny the general was killed. It was in the 'he's right out of frame, laughing, too' kind of way, but so were the initial reports of his death, when you think about it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

or any of the dudes here

Those guys are all cool, but for this occassion I prefer sunflower curse lady.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Why would a general be fighting in person?

I don't know, but if I had to guess, maybe because a "General" in the Kadyrovtsky isn't necessarily the same as a "General" in an ordinary army.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Corroboration from a reporter in Berlin

https://twitter.com/MatthiasDeiss/status/1497671385686196228?t=LX_dMVFlxAZ8bUtVv7S3YQ&s=19

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Paladinus posted:

Kadyrov's already posted to deny the general was killed. It was in the 'he's right out of frame, laughing, too' kind of way, but so were the initial reports of his death, when you think about it.

now hes the ghost of kyiv

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/status/1497681804983164938?s=21

Lots suggesting this right now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope nato does a no fly zone!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thank you. This looks spicy, and would explain several European plains doing mystery turnaround flights today - I was aware of some countries closing the airspace for Russian airliners, Latvia for instance, but not the full EU ban.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I hope that hidden Ukrainian AA comes out now and fast.
Do the Russians have a fully developed SEAD/Wild Weasels type operation?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://t.me/mykolaivskaODA/180 looks like there was tank combat near Mykolayiv. Some footage bits if you scroll down.

Likely yes. The fuel problems reports we’ve seen so far all seem to be localised or otherwise anecdotal.

Are there any pictures that I don't have to register for?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Thank you. This looks spicy, and would explain several European plains doing mystery turnaround flights today - I was aware of some countries closing the airspace for Russian airliners, Latvia for instance, but not the full EU ban.

The next tweet in the thread says they expect Russian retaliation, maybe they were keeping it under wraps until most of the planes were out of Russian airspace

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kraftwerk posted:

I hope that hidden Ukrainian AA comes out now and fast.
Do the Russians have a fully developed SEAD/Wild Weasels type operation?

Not quite, evidently. They tried to SEAD on day 1 and Ukrainian aviation still kind of flies, and air defences have been filmed shooting a fair number of things.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Look, honest question: is there any chance Putan just bails? Like, clearly this situation sucks and whatever he was trying to get out of it isn't happening how it was supposed to, is there a chance he'll just give up and take the L? Like, today or tomorrow? Is there any precedent for something like that happening

no.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Affi posted:

Are there any pictures that I don't have to register for?

It’s a tank wreckage walk around and a few videos of the governor talking in Russian, so I wouldn’t say you’re missing anything substantial.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Why not? It would really give Old vlad a bloody nose. Show him we mean business! Follow it up with a SWIFT announcement.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Mr Hootington posted:

They will not

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Not quite, evidently. They tried to SEAD on day 1 and Ukrainian aviation still kind of flies, and air defences have been filmed shooting a fair number of things.

The current street wisdom is that the Russians have blown through their entire ballistic missile stockpile without destroying the intended targets, and have no decisive means of dealing with the AA now.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

It's bewildering how quickly Russia and anything Russian is turning into 'don't touch the poop' territory.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
So what, Russia just gonna carpet bomb whole neighborhoods?

Guys, fyi from the Land of the Free: it has never worked

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

The current street wisdom is that the Russians have blown their entire ballistic missile stockpile without destroying the intended targets, and have no decisive means of dealing with the AA now.

I’ve seen that, and, frankly, I’m lukewarm on the idea that Russia may run out of bang bangs. Fingers crossed that I’m wrong as gently caress.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Willo567 posted:

It says they're under the Ministry of Culture and Information though

Here it is from Rubio. He's been dead on about pretty much everything else.
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1497630649968123904?cxt=HHwWgICzgYbJ08gpAAAA

minema
May 31, 2011

Why is this more significant than when the UK did it days ago? Because it's closer to Russia?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’ve seen that, and, frankly, I’m lukewarm on the idea that Russia may run out of bang bangs. Fingers crossed that I’m wrong as gently caress.

I think they’re out of guided munitions but I believe they have enough artillery shells to level every building in Ukraine.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

The current street wisdom is that the Russians have blown through their entire ballistic missile stockpile without destroying the intended targets, and have no decisive means of dealing with the AA now.

That sounds more like internet fantasy than street wisdom to be quite frank.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ballistic missiles aren't ordinary bang bangs. They have bang bangs in spades, but not of the sort they need (according to reports)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not? It would really give Old vlad a bloody nose. Show him we mean business! Follow it up with a SWIFT announcement.

because then even more people would die, and that's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

minema posted:

Why is this more significant than when the UK did it days ago? Because it's closer to Russia?

Europe is bigger than the Uk