Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Grape posted:

In fairness a lot of people don't count Georgia as being in Europe.

Ok, now do Kosovo.

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, the people talking about "decades of peace in Europe" are absolutely aware of history.

They're just ignorant of geography.

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's pretty funny how hard the right campaigned against Biden (and earlier, Hillary) for being warhawks and now basically all of them, even Garrison, are just sitting around chanting MEAT GRINDER MEAT GRINDER MEAT GRINDER!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

What did she say? Which libertarian policy gets the door slammed in your face?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Two week delay pretty brutal this time.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Somfin posted:

Oh, you know the one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Somfin posted:

The mouthpiece being a literal child kinda muddles the whole age of consent issue though...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Okay, just remind me, who was it that did nothing about Crimea, or Georgia, or the poisonings, or, really, any of those?

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Oh, you know the one.

There's really a couple of options here, and all of them are ones you extra really can't say out loud when your mouthpiece is a six-year-old black girl.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

how the gently caress does ben think you put on lipstick??????

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Georgia and Chechnya being in Europe is debatable, the egregious oversight is the Balkans conflict.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

escapegoat posted:

Georgia and Chechnya being in Europe is debatable, the egregious oversight is the Balkans conflict.

And, you know, the lower intensity armed conflict in Eastern Ukraine since 2014.

Ireland is definitely not Europe, so that doesn't count

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I regret to inform the thread that things that happened in the nineties were, in fact, decades ago.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Unkempt posted:

I regret to inform the thread that things that happened in the nineties were, in fact, decades ago.
Probably not 7 decades though, but I admit I haven't done the math yet.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

There have always been gays in the military, and it was no problem before because they were all leather daddies, biker gays, and twunks, but now thanks to Democrats it's all showtunes and glitter gays

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m sure Garrison’s reference pile has a few Tom of Finland books in there for when he does Trump.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BonHair posted:

And, you know, the lower intensity armed conflict in Eastern Ukraine since 2014.

Ireland is definitely not Europe, so that doesn't count

If you take it from the position of the European Union coming together to maintain peace between nations, the cartoon is fine. The Balkan conflict was within Yugoslavia, Kosovo was part of Serbia, the Ukrainian separatists are Putin-funded but it's still a domestic conflict. The invasion of Ukraine is the first full scale international conflict in mainland Europe since the 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the frightening rise of Vladimir Putin – The Russian leader’s invasion of Ukraine has given him a level of global impact he never had before"

Telegraph:

Russian strikes pound Kyiv as Zelenskiy refuses US offer to evacuate

Matt:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’m sure Garrison’s reference pile has a few Tom of Finland books in there for when he does Trump.

Well; Tom of Finland could actually draw.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Groke posted:

Well; Tom of Finland could actually draw.

He sure did draw a lot of cops though.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

BonHair posted:

He sure did draw a lot of cops though.

Growing up as a closeted gay man under Nazi occupation really did a number on him.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Drawing cops loving and sucking each other is praxis, assuming it's done with sincerity

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

Lollin' at little white man Taiwan

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

rodbeard posted:

Growing up as a closeted gay man under Nazi occupation really did a number on him.

The nazis were his brothers in arms, actually. He served as lieutenant in anti-aircraft troops.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Is "Worst Kids These Days" a category for the Kellies?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Neito posted:

it can be, if you say the magic n word and state the category...and if there are a handful of other nominations over the course of the year.

Which reminds me,

:siren:Kellies nomination reminder:siren:

We need more 2021 Kellies nominees in the following categories:

Worst "Two Things Happened" Cartoon
Best AGC Interpretation
Best Overall
Worst Obituary

Please nominate additional cartoons for these categories from the 2021 Politoons thread. You can nominate cartoons by PMing me, or by posting in the nominations thread. Please do not nominate them here, or they'll get confused with this year's entries.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 26, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Neito posted:

That is not a kid, it is a dad.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mr. Squishy posted:

That is not a kid, it is a dad.

"Kids these days" is a tone, not a description of who's being talked about.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

If you take it from the position of the European Union coming together to maintain peace between nations, the cartoon is fine. The Balkan conflict was within Yugoslavia, Kosovo was part of Serbia, the Ukrainian separatists are Putin-funded but it's still a domestic conflict. The invasion of Ukraine is the first full scale international conflict in mainland Europe since the 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia.

It wasn't "decades of no full scale international conflicts", the cartoon read "decades of peace". It's a bad take that erases a series of very damaging conflicts.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

moonmazed posted:

how the gently caress does ben think you put on lipstick??????
wokely

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

hooman posted:

It wasn't "decades of no full scale international conflicts", the cartoon read "decades of peace". It's a bad take that erases a series of very damaging conflicts.

Only western europe and not ireland count to these people.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I would drink at that bar

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Thaddius the Large posted:

I would drink at that bar

Pffft that's just Tuesday at my housw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

"Kids these days" is a tone, not a description of who's being talked about.

Except the message is that the new stuff is better because the pancake died.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Drew Sheneman

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Reminiscing Now that Biden has all but destroyed the country it’s nice to look back on better days with Trump as President.

I didn't know Trump was such a fan of :doink:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall
gently caress. You.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

I didn't know Trump was such a fan of :doink:
Much like how Obama brought back Arrested Development, it took a Democratic president to bring back Law & Order.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

When the hell was gas ever $2 under Trump? Even during the lockdown the lowest I ever saw was about $3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Given that oil technically adopted a negative price at one point I'm surprised he didn't just go "GAS WAS FREE UNDER TRUMP"