Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Updated "stone cold hard as gently caress quotes" list

Ukranian ambassador to Russian ambassador: "There is no purgatory for war criminals, you are going straight to hell."
Ukranian guards on Snake Island: "Russian battleship, go gently caress yourselves."
Old lady to Russian soldier: "Put these sunflower seeds in your pocket, so they can grow when you die"
25 year old girl in the underground the first night of Kyiv's siege, when asked what she's doing after they can leave: "Making molotov cocktails"
Zelenskyy when Americans showed up to get him out of the country: "The fighting is here. I need ammunition, not a ride."
Ukranian when the shelling began in Kharkiv: "Go gently caress yourself, I haven't finished cooking my soup yet!"

Edit: I didn't see the guy interrupting the Israeli news when I posted this, adding:

"I'm going to gently caress Russians up, and you're just talking here."

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insane village gigachad energy. This is like Texan dude with M16 walking to 2 Silicon Valley journalists talking about drone-based sex toy delivery in Fort Worth.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Zhanism posted:

If their orders is to start leveling Ukr cities block by block, then yeah, they should think hard about it.

Gonna be a lot of bearded doctors of alternative medicine in 20 years time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

is it more popular than country music

We have different set of dances for country music balls. Yes, those are a thing here - it’s actually the most traditional kind of Friday night out in Latvia.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Baronash posted:

I know this is completely not the point you were making, but drat it I hate folks misusing life expectancy like this.

Especially when the American president is like 5 months shy of American life expectancy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Peanut Butler posted:

"thank you mr rubio for telling us exactly where our leaks are"

oh i am sure, but i wouldn't be shocked if the kremlin isn't fully of rats/moles/etc even at the very top, especially after today.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sea freight as well, in particular

Ehhh in very specific market segments and more importantly than ships themselves in crewing and vessel management.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

the popes toes posted:

And if anyone can answer? Where is Ukraine's armor?

My understanding is that there's a major push by Ukrainian social media not to post pictures or video of Ukrainian military movements or positions. So we don't know where many Ukrainian regulars are, but that's the point — because if we know where they are, then Russia does too.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 27, 2022

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Peanut Butler posted:

"thank you mr rubio for telling us exactly where our leaks are"

Marco Rubio is a horrible chud, but the pacing and language actually speaks to a very deliberate counter-intel operation. When you release intel like this, you make drat sure you only release things that you have from multiple, independent and preferably unassociated sources. You try to corroborate as much as possible. Famously, Trump didn't do this because he would just spew out classified poo poo if he thought it would make a crowd swoon or something, and the US lost a lot of humint sources as a results.

I'm obviously speculating, but I think Rubio is actually doing this correctly. Tbf, he probably has a few coaches in whatever three-letter agency is coordinating this counter-intel operation.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

All militaries are incompetent, it's just a matter of degree.

This is some Sun Tzu von Clausewitz level of wisdom. Gonna write that down.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Tomn posted:

https://youtu.be/HbmZrzN3WFE

You know what, I think I’ll take this guy over shirtless Putin fishing or whatever macho bullshit he likes to project.

I'm surprised it took this long for the internet to discover the meme treasure trove that is Zelensky's TV and movie career.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

It's essentially unverified tweets all the way down on this one.

Marco apparently referred to something like this in his 2nd to last tweet. Still might not make the whole bunker meeting true of course but it is at least seems to confirm they may be a timeline involved.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1497772049283969028

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Greg of Doom posted:

Anyone know what group this is?

https://www.uwvm.org.ua/?page_id=3031&lang=en

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nenonen posted:

This is some Sun Tzu von Clausewitz level of wisdom. Gonna write that down.

Check out the military idiots thread in GiP for some examples. I’d say you won’t be disappointed, but…you will be. At least you’ll be laughing too?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's a women's veterans movement

https://www.facebook.com/UkrainianWomenVeteranMovement/

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 27, 2022

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

TulliusCicero posted:

They were teased as a major Arc antagonist but ended up being jobbers

I can't think of anything more anime than some fat bearded guy's personal thugs LARPING as special forces

It's something straight out of Baki.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1497776719855591431

This is pretty wild, he's still live tweeting intelligence. I wonder how Russia feels knowing they're comms are severely compromised.

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Could homeboy be more cryptic?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Atreiden posted:

There will probably be more talks about a more integrated pan-EU defense, but I think we are still far from an EU army.

There was a lot of propaganda about a supposed EU army in the UK leading up to Brexit, with scare tactics of a big military being created and British people being drafted in to fight wars and so on.

It turned out to be complete nonsense however and after Brexit the EU has continued to push for this as far as I know (the UK seemed to be the only real opponents to the idea, I think) but it is also misunderstood in many ways. My knowledge from statements that I read was that the theory behind an 'EU army' was basically just all countries working together to standardize equipment so that if the need arose, reaction times would be quicker and everyone would know how to use the same equipment.

Right now EU countries all use different gear but the goal was that in the event of an EU country being attacked (for example) there would be standardized weapons/vehicles etc. that every nation would know how to use, making the EU much better positioned to respond to any threats or aggression. It was to avoid situations where equipment cannot be provided because there is no training or knowledge of how to use it (or soldiers arriving to help don't know how to use what's given to them) and I think a further incentive was to let different countries handle different aspects so all contribute to a specific area e.g. one country produces standardized tanks, another standardized aircraft and another standardized guns etc. which is a pretty good idea imo. There was outrage and lies spread about it but as far as I know it was basically focused on efficiency and standardization.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sorry, it appears to be lifestomper enterprises

Huh

https://twitter.com/DeputySecState/status/1497689589561053198

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

FizFashizzle posted:

is it more popular than country music

Wait until they learn about line dancing

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I've been hearing about stuff like this for a couple of days, but this is the first time I've seen videos of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Damilare_arah/status/1497654141350522880

https://mobile.twitter.com/Damilare_arah/status/1497701358861959169

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ZombieLenin posted:

It's pretty obvious; there's major concerns about indiscriminate fires using thermoberic weaponry; Rubio is suggesting that any commanders who carry out those orders will face war crimes trials while Putin will likely die of natural causes well before then. Do they really want to spend the rest of their lives (30+ years) running from international law and in hiding for someone who isn't going to face justice?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

cinci zoo sniper posted:

US probably knows where the modern strategic bunkers are. Random pundits definitely don’t. Forget about mansions, those are just meant for gaudy photo ops.

There's rumors that Russia constructed a big ol' bunker complex at Mount Yamantau, but those are just rumors. It's probably most famous for showing up in Metro: Exodus, wherein it's filled with cannibals who lure in refugees by claiming to be the remaining Russian government on an emergency broadcast frequency

As an aside, I didn't realize that the developer of the Metro series, 4A Games, was originally based in Ukraine.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ZombieLenin posted:

I think he's implying that recent orders sent to Russian commanders are:
  • Intercepted by the West (and probably forwarded to Ukraine)
  • Illegal under the Geneva Convention

He's basically taunting the Russians that they have multiple leaks in terms of operational plans, and at the same time sowing doubt among their operational and tactical leaders who may somehow hear of his tweet that maybe they shouldn't commit warcrimes.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh i am sure, but i wouldn't be shocked if the kremlin isn't fully of rats/moles/etc even at the very top, especially after today.

That's who I'd expect an ex-spy to be most careful about. The stuff America most likely has access to are the sorts of things that require ridiculous technological investment but boy howdy does it make some people rich. Stuff like football field-sized satellites probably capable of picking up a cellphone signal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ZombieLenin posted:

i think russia is gonna do an air bomb or barrel bombs or some hosed up poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it seems more that anything that uses electricity in Russia has an American bug in it

and we are not being shy about revealing it, the whole pre-war thing was the admin just publishing every plan that crossed putin’s desk. it makes sense Rubio has been enlisted to do it in a way fox will accept

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's something straight out of Baki.

this is one of the most ridiculous wars we've had in a while

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's rumors that Russia constructed a big ol' bunker complex at Mount Yamantau, but those are just rumors. It's probably most famous for showing up in Metro: Exodus, wherein it's filled with cannibals who lure in refugees by claiming to be the remaining Russian government on an emergency broadcast frequency

As an aside, I didn't realize that the developer of the Metro series, 4A Games, was originally based in Ukraine.

Same as CSC, the makers of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.

BTW, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 isn't coming out this year like planned.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1497776719855591431

This is pretty wild, he's still live tweeting intelligence. I wonder how Russia feels knowing they're comms are severely compromised.

Between this, the threatening language toward Sweden and Finland, NATO publicly calling out that the Kremlin has plans beyond Ukraine, Russians firing on neutral shipping, and Russians firing on a radioactive containment facility...not making an assertion, but it's almost like the prick running Russia is trying to expand the conflict.

Young Freud posted:

Same as CSC, the makers of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.

BTW, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 isn't coming out this year like planned.

It's funny because STALKER 2 was never coming out (war or no war).

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I've been having flightradar24 (actually adsbexchange.com, its much better) in the background since the invasion started, and it's been interesting seeing all the activity.

I have a question though, yesterday there was a lot of large transport planes from the UK departing from the middle east. Do they have some kind of prepositioned stock setup there?

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

evilweasel posted:

it seems more that anything that uses electricity in Russia has an American bug in it

and we are not being shy about revealing it, the whole pre-war thing was the admin just publishing every plan that crossed putin’s desk. it makes sense Rubio has been enlisted to do it in a way fox will accept

I think it would also make the RA much more careful about communicating openly. They're going to have to start using morse code or naval signaling flags or some poo poo. lol

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

ZombieLenin posted:

".US Intel might be receiving the Intel on the same orders at different levels. He is not gonna say ''Putin has ordered scorched earth in Russian Security Council Directive Order 66". He wants Russians to know that others no but give no clue where the leak or leaks are.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Trump posted:

I've been having flightradar24 (actually adsbexchange.com, its much better) in the background since the invasion started, and it's been interesting seeing all the activity.

I have a question though, yesterday there was a lot of large transport planes from the UK departing from the middle east. Do they have some kind of prepositioned stock setup there?

iirc they have a buttload of "stuff" based in Qatar.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Budzilla posted:

".US Intel might be receiving the Intel on the same orders at different levels. He is not gonna say ''Putin has ordered scorched earth in Russian Security Council Directive Order 66". He wants Russians to know that others no but give no clue where the leak or leaks are.

Going by so far there’s probably 30 different war crime orders he could be referring to

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Budzilla posted:

Marco Rubio good now? *takes drink of water*

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
The Ukrainian ambassador to Denmark had some OPSEC trouble today. He was asked what help Denmark was offering and... erhm... See for yourself, interview is in english.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/ukraines-ambassadoer-har-svaert-ved-holde-taet-om-danske-vaabenleverancer-her-vil-jeg

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Virigoth posted:

Hes as the soviets would say 'a useful idiot" for now

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Virigoth posted:

I mean, most people are going to look good if you compare them to Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My understanding is that there's a major push by Ukrainian social media not to post pictures or video of Ukrainian military movements or positions. So we don't know where many Ukrainian regulars are, but that's the point — because if we know where they are, then Russia does too.

Here's some Ukrainian armor. People casually strolling around an active battlefield is always a :stare:

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/1497590205074845698