Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Nationally it looks like the price went down below $2/gal right at the beginning of the pandemic (then jumped back to "average" levels), so uh, if you wanna avoid that asterisk, sure.

I can't find that Ben Sargeant what the president does vs. What people think the president does cartoon with the 2 levers of economy and gad prices being moved around by Obama. Pretty much same concept here.

Feels like 2004 all over again, people bitching about gas. I'm assuming fuel efficiency is much better this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Fuel efficiency would be better if everyone hadn't used the 3 months of cheap fuel to justify buying the biggest battlewagon they could get a loan for.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Remember Zelda? The artist who made the strip, Lina Neidestam, made a political cartoon:

And so did her six year old:

(the sign says "stop the war")

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The crying sun is a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Alhazred posted:

Remember Zelda? The artist who made the strip, Lina Neidestam, made a political cartoon:

And immediately blows the other cartoonists posted here out of the water. No labels required.

I'm not sure that the metaphor survives scrutiny, but gently caress it, it works fine enough.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Alhazred posted:

And so did her six year old:

(the sign says "stop the war")

The flag is upside down and I choose to believe that is a deliberate artistic choice by a very politically savvy six year old :3:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The flag is upside down and I choose to believe that is a deliberate artistic choice by a very politically savvy six year old :3:

Upside down flag signals distress, AGC

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

seiferguy posted:

I can't find that Ben Sargeant what the president does vs. What people think the president does cartoon with the 2 levers of economy and gad prices being moved around by Obama. Pretty much same concept here.

It was John Cole:

Dunno why the only Google hit cuts off the signature, that seems like kind of a dick move, but I'm sure someone ITT has the non-cropped strip archived somewhere.

E: v That'd do it, I couldn't be assed to go further back than 2019

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 27, 2022

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It was John Cole:

Dunno why the only Google hit cuts off the signature, that seems like kind of a dick move, but I'm sure someone ITT has the non-cropped strip archived somewhere.

Figured it would be in the OP of a previous thread, had to go back to 2015 for it surprisingly.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
That might honestly be the best political cartoon ever for me. So simple, two panels, clear message, and his face sticking his tongue out is just perfect. Not to mention it's like an evergreen political cartoon for almost any presidency.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gas was consistently under $2 for our area for most of 2020 until the holidays when people were sick of lockdowns and were going to travel, pandemic be damned. It was still cheaper than usual.

Then it shot up around May 2021 when the pandemic appeared over and the CDC began relaxing guidelines and everyone wanted to travel. Then Delta happened, but at that point the country just stopped caring.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Grimdude posted:

Not to mention it's like an evergreen political cartoon for almost any presidency.

Almost being the operative word here, there are certain presidents who have never been the left panel.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Actual reality: the levers are there but the rules wizard won't let the president touch any of them except the "bomb foreigners LESS----->MORE" one

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

A Good Cartoon

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ukraine is looking for international volunteers, go on then Gary

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Thanks for including this.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The Russian bear advances on Kyiv – The hungry beast wields the hammer of war and the sickle of lies"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:
https://twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/1497895466826092544

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

I like this one

Dear god I loving hope so.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

By popular demand posted:

I like this one

Same- the caricatures are all recognizable, it draws a distinction between Putin and Russia, and there's strong characterizations throughout.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Brown:

Downes:

Knight 1:

Knight 2:

Lethbridge:

Shadow foreign minister Penny Wong and opposition leader Anthony Albanese. Australia was in a shadow campaign leading up to an election in May and the invasion in Ukraine has mostly pushed that aside. There is bipartisan support from Labor in condemning Russia's invasion and supporting the government's actions (which isn't stopping Lethbridge). The government is however trying to play up parallels with national security issues with China (which is why many Australian cartoons will bring up Taiwan).

Rowe:

Spooner:

Also the 66th Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism were held and the best cartoon was won by David Pope with "Rollout de Vax":

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Lmao "not only are medical professionals trying to kill you with vaccines, they want you to suffer as much as possible because they're just so very eeeeevil!!!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I am IN AWE of the sheer amount of nonsense this dude manages to put into his strips. Seriously.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

No.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Canadian Prime L'Oréal"

Uh. That supposed to be a joke?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Yeah, nuclear weapons aren't good for the environment.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

The guys been on this insane meltdown for like a decade, clinging to a toxic 2nd wave feminism. Covid actually broke his brain and sent him down a full on conspiracy crank hole. All the subtitle and nuance expected from someone who draws people they don't like as the devil.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is what happens when you metaphors get a little too mixed. I have no idea what fembots are supposed to represent now. Aren’t they products produced by the devil? We had looters running off with them. So why would they want to destroy? I guess you could be making a commentary on manufactured obsolescence, but it’s clearly in the realm of his terf and anti-vaxx politics. Why do the fembots posses free will? Isn’t it supposed to be how a man’s ideal woman is an emotionless robot that exists to perform sex?

Then you throw in pimps and actual human sex slaves and it gets a lot more conf- wait is that a loving star of david in the last panel of Sunday’s strip? Are we shifting to overt anti-semitism? I guess get ready for him to pick a side in the Ukraine/Russia conflict: the Nazis in both countries.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That's clearly a villain pretending to be Woke Man, Woke Man would never have referred to a non-binary individual by a male pronoun without asking if it was preferred first.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

BLAME BIDEN NOT PUTIN

The Democrat Party loves to blame Russia for the ills they themselves cause. Hillary ordered up false stories about Russia colluding with Trump so she could defeat him while also covering up her illegal pay for play server and email scandal. The blame for higher gasoline prices in the US is now getting pinned to Russia.

Biden mumbled out a statement about how Americans need to ‘Understand that defending democracy and liberty is never without cost.’ In other words, he’s blaming Russia for the higher costs of fuel. Other Democrats have been parroting similar lines. Senator Chris Van Hollen, a Democrat from Maryland, said “High gas prices [are] the ‘price to pay to stand up against Putin’s bully.’ Yeah, sure.

Even the limousine liberal Bill Maher said it was time to blame Putin, not Biden. You’re not funny, Bill.

The blame for rising gas prices rests squarely on Biden and his progressive-minded regime. Once the election was stolen for him he shut down the Keystone Pipeline. He spouted the usual nonsense about climate change, the Green New Deal, and how we needed electric vehicles–not the internal combustion kind.

Thanks to Biden, we quickly lost our energy independence. We could be exporting energy, not importing it. Biden and his Marxist far-left cronies hate America. Everything Biden does is destructive and average citizens are paying the price.

— Ben Garrison

I'm so sick of the phrase "energy independence."

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

This is what happens when you metaphors get a little too mixed. I have no idea what fembots are supposed to represent now. Aren’t they products produced by the devil? We had looters running off with them. So why would they want to destroy? I guess you could be making a commentary on manufactured obsolescence, but it’s clearly in the realm of his terf and anti-vaxx politics. Why do the fembots posses free will? Isn’t it supposed to be how a man’s ideal woman is an emotionless robot that exists to perform sex?

Then you throw in pimps and actual human sex slaves and it gets a lot more conf- wait is that a loving star of david in the last panel of Sunday’s strip? Are we shifting to overt anti-semitism? I guess get ready for him to pick a side in the Ukraine/Russia conflict: the Nazis in both countries.

Vaccine mind control but only on women because he is literally mixing his conspiracy theories and weird feminism.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ben Garrison accidentally releasing a cartoon from the alternate universe where Biden actually did any of those things.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

A Good Cartoon

It's funny because it wasn't that long ago that an artist was commissioned to do a piece like that, and all they did was turn in a blank canvas titled "Take the money and run"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Pants Donkey posted:

wait is that a loving star of david in the last panel of Sunday’s strip? Are we shifting to overt anti-semitism? I guess get ready for him to pick a side in the Ukraine/Russia conflict: the Nazis in both countries.

hahahaha yeppppp, unless there's something we're missing that's def what that is

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
For anyone who can't get enough of Sinfest Sunday, follow this developing thread for highlights from the last two decades.

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1498104642881798149

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ishida is gunning for the David Dees crown but he still has a long ways to go.