Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m also stuck at Godrick and the boss of the castle to the south with the jellyfish near the fog gate. I just remembered I can use ashes to summon wolves and poo poo so I’ll probably try that Monday when I get the chance to play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
eventful day. beat margit. got trapped in multiple treasure chest warps. spent a lot of time in a swamp. saw some weird dogs

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is there any punching weapons anyone found?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

There’s a cool fist weapon in the roundtable hold on a bed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

You can get a fist weapon from one of the bosses that is super sick. I'm mad now that I can't roleplay as a left handed guy because my muscle memory would be so hosed up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

You can get a fist weapon from one of the bosses that is super sick. I'm mad now that I can't roleplay as a left handed guy because my muscle memory would be so hosed up.

Sick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Orange DeviI posted:

There’s a cool fist weapon in the roundtable hold on a bed

Also sick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

I beat Godrick and afterwards caved and looked up how to get more smithing stones. There is a way to unlock the first 2 level of stones in the store. The game is way too stingy with the low level materials for how important having multiple damage types. I've got a dex build and I keep rotating between claws and flail. It seems like everything that'll doesn't bleed is weak to bashing. That crystal boss someone mentioned took 3 jump attacks with the flail to break it's stance and was on the ground long enough after a critical hit to charge up the really long R2 attack. It took 2 cycles of that to be dead.

You have access to semi-infinite consumables op. They expected you to use them. This is on you. I've made it through the entire game so far (2 regions down, half finished in one) by using a bleed rapier and the godslayer seal w/ blackfire ball for ranged fire damage

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

Somehow I haven't found a basic caestus but I've found 3 fist weapons and 2 claws, and they more or less share the same moveset.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
it’s hard to have to walk the dog because all i want is to play elden ring

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Spent the first 5 hours just aimlessly exploring. This is the best game ever made.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Spent some time in a poison swamp. Came back with a poison weapon incantation and a dog summon that applies crimson rot. Beaten multiple bosses by applying the status effect and keeping my distance while their life ticks away. Now I am the poison swamp.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s so sick how they made the Fall Control spell into a basic crafting item so you can go sequence break wherever you want. feels epic plunging into hell

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
hell yeah claymore time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

hell yeah claymore time

The claymore is the best weapon I've found so far. I keep trying to switch off it but I keep coming back to it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve died so many times because my brain has been hardwired to lay on the ground after a hit for the iframes like it’s Monster Hunter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Launch day I was getting a waterfall of constant appraisals for just posting but hole and dog messages everywhere but I guess no one looks at messages anymore because of that crap lol. Oh well.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Launch day I was getting a waterfall of constant appraisals for just posting but hole and dog messages everywhere but I guess no one looks at messages anymore because of that crap lol. Oh well.

lol they fixed some xbox network issue last night and it was like launch day all over again, just nonstop healthbar top-offs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ended up staying up until 2:30 trying to beat Godrick. Hoping for some Imp magic where I beat his first attempt tomorrow morning

Good luck gamer -- he's not easy but I thought it was a much fairer fight than Magrit on account of the arena being much bigger. Also watch the cutscene every time for good luck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I met someone cool in the Mistwoods then I killed the person he wanted me to and now I can't find him again. Any idea where he ends up?

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i didn’t even realize the fanged imp ashes were my starting gift. they’re awesome

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s so sick how they made the Fall Control spell into a basic crafting item so you can go sequence break wherever you want. feels epic plunging into hell

how much further can you fall?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

how much further can you fall?

I'm using the miracle version so I'm not sure if it works differently but it lets you survive quite a few spots that would normally kill you, I can take some pretty cool shortcuts down cliffs in the overworld. If the camera zooms out when you're falling and the YOU DIED pops up that usually means the fall is triggered to be an instant kill and it doesn't protect against any of those, but if it's a fall where you hit the ground, then your health bar goes to 0 and then you die, it will let you survive.

edit: the incantation is accessible really early behind the Imp Door in Roundtable Hold. it's 13 int/13 faith and it also silences your footsteps which is extremely useful, great utility spell

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Been dusted by Margot like 20 times after coming back at level 25. His second phase has one insanely long combo with huge range that ends up getting me. I’ve nearly killed him like five times

Super fun near perfect fight. I think his lighting counter is a bit fail as he can just do it whenever he wants so punishing can feel inconsistent

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

also dont forget to craft some of those chicken feet that increase your runes gained, its great to pop one as soon as you beat a boss

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jumping instead of dodging when a boss does a ground pound/shockwave style attack is hard to get used to but really strong. Seems like the safety window is much longer and usually you get a chance to punish with a jumping R2

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Jumping instead of dodging when a boss does a ground pound/shockwave style attack is hard to get used to but really strong. Seems like the safety window is much longer and usually you get a chance to punish with a jumping R2

that boss in the mine by the giant dragon near stormveil kicked my rear end for like an hour until I figured that jumping was way more effective (and also that the club was better than the sword). Felt like it was training me to use the jump more often.. Played for like 5 hours yesterday, game owns so hard.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think he's killed me like 40 times now lol but I've come so close. He's just a real hard boss for me I guess. His second phase is so nasty and takes so long to get through each time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

went into the locked fog gate at the end of the tutorial area tonight. that place is really something

It's horrible lol, there's a guy at the top of some stairs that has the stormveil crackhead Knight moveset and slaughters me, a fire pillar that kills me 3/4 times I try to get past it, and the boss hits like a truck and has insane HP. I'm leaving it for much later

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't been reading this thread but, peep this. :smugbird:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Good luck gamer -- he's not easy but I thought it was a much fairer fight than Magrit on account of the arena being much bigger. Also watch the cutscene every time for good luck

Yeah I’m confident I can get him, he just has an insane amount of HP lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I haven't been reading this thread but, peep this. :smugbird:

Lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

EmmyOk posted:

I think he's killed me like 40 times now lol but I've come so close. He's just a real hard boss for me I guess. His second phase is so nasty and takes so long to get through each time

I'll put this in tags just in case but you can get an item at this location that can help, and tbh you'll want to check it out anyway.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'll put this in tags just in case but you can get an item at this location that can help, and tbh you'll want to check it out anyway.

I appreciate it but if it’s like the gas pigment music box I won’t be using it. Two handed, never block, only dodge till I die.

It’s mainly his lightning follow ups I hate because. Makes his punishes so hard to read especially in phase two the two bit combo followed by tree branch stab is annihilating me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wish the map had the botw thing where it shows you your path the whole game so I can tell where I’ve explored

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The jump+r2 strike with 2h claws is so much fun. Dive bombing and bleeding fools left and right

Trying to figure out if I should be leveling dex or int more for this spellsword-ish build, got 20/20 in both right now and am keeping scholar’s armament up full-time on the claws.

Anyone doing a similar dex/int build?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I need to either respec into a real melee build or respec into even more faith and start using the massive fireball orb I got from a evergaol boss lol. Or maybe just go into full rear end int because I have exactly 3 non-melee miracles and 2 have that annoying rear end arc fireball has in these games so it's really bad at uh, being a ranged spell. Instead of cheesing everything with lightning spear ds2 style, my weird bad fth/Dex build has been mostly spamming Bloody Slash and uh, not actually using melee or my spells except for the regen buff. Lol.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I appreciate it but if it’s like the gas pigment music box I won’t be using it. Two handed, never block, only dodge till I die.

It’s mainly his lightning follow ups I hate because. Makes his punishes so hard to read especially in phase two the two bit combo followed by tree branch stab is annihilating me

you should go to that location anyway

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’ve died so many times because my brain has been hardwired to lay on the ground after a hit for the iframes like it’s Monster Hunter.

lol same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Almost had Godrick beat but did the classic “I can do a few more attacks before rolling out” blunder