Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
My loadout for the final boss was Ticuu's, a shotgun, and the ritual rocket launcher from last season. Invis dodge was very useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, the secret to legendary really is just putting a little thought into your loadout. A long-range heavy for boss damage, a solar weapon for wizard killing, and a staple primary to handle everything else (which can also be solar). I did well with a roaming super that could take out more than one wizard and entourage per pop

For the entirety of the legendary campaign I just used salvager's salvo and sleeper. I didn't even bother using a primary, the enemies are too tanky, even the red bars. With special ammo finder and grenade/linear fusion specific mods I never ran out of ammo.

Whenever I strayed from these loadouts I always end up missing them and going back. Salvo's ability to clear entire rooms and sleeper just deleting anything smaller than a house made them indispensable.

The last battle I did end up using archon's thunder heavy machine gun for trash control and jotun for wizards + final boss, don't sleep on jotun, it will kill orange bar wizards in 1 shot and is your best friend when you need to take those screaming bastards down quickly, or land some hit-and-run shots on a boss

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

PERMACAV 50 posted:

There seems to be a very strong correlation between Glaive hatred and use of an unimproved Glaive in legend campaign. It wrecks in normal content especially once you tweak its perks a bit and get the Suppressing Glaive mod.

There is great wisdom in this thread. I was considering vaulting my Glaive until I read these comments and unlocked Impulse Amplifier as a perk (Level 6). Now I'm basing my entire drat build around the thing. (Good Lord, that shield...) Thanks!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tensokuu posted:

I got to the final phase of the Moth Mom fight and for whatever reason I just can’t clutch it on legendary. I know what I have to do but I am just getting absolutely roasted by the wizards before I can take them out (usually on the second dps round).

I should just swap Gjally for Bad Omens and take a secondary exotic with solar like Hard Light but I was trying not to swap away from my high dps heavy for the dps phase. Probably need to just swap my gear around and give it another go.

The very last fight is super easy. Just take your Vorpal Carteezy and it takes out the warlocks in two bursts and keep your Gjally and just dump rockets for boss dps.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Been using vorpal DMT or a lucky God roll Krait that dropped in the first mission with Subsistence/Vorpal with Glaive or whatever and whatever for heavy. Glad I was wrong and Hunter feels great. Mobius being so strong is a welcome surprise. Tractor + super does more than thundercrash Titan. I was getting stuck on a mission and realized I hadn't infused my armor for awhile a breezed through. Legendary is the perfect difficulty.

Need good rolls of the solar omolon pulse (great perk synergy) and Funnelweb.

Weaving in doing other stuff every couple missions to get new loot, but it's hard to keep legendary shards, especially when the drops are actual good rolls all the time.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Should I buy the dead mans tale? It sounds like a good roll and I don't have one at all cause it came out when I wasn't playing but it will cost me a lot of stuff it seems. Suppose there'll be a new one every week so not a huge deal if I don't get it now.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Eej posted:

The very last fight is super easy. Just take your Vorpal Carteezy and it takes out the warlocks in two bursts and keep your Gjally and just dump rockets for boss dps.

I wouldn't say "super", but not bad.

I went through the whole campaign with Shotgun, Graviton Lance, and an Arc machine-gun (which I basically just used for popping arc shields) and it wasn't bad, just took a lot of patience.

No mods to speak of since I haven't had a chance to accumulate them yet. Void warlock.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

thebardyspoon posted:

Should I buy the dead mans tale? It sounds like a good roll and I don't have one at all cause it came out when I wasn't playing but it will cost me a lot of stuff it seems. Suppose there'll be a new one every week so not a huge deal if I don't get it now.

Yes, absolutely. Vorpal DMT is one of my nightfall go-to’s when anti-barrier scout is around, and it is around this season!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Another Public Service Announcement
https://twitter.com/hex_cody/status/1497529505702985730?s=20&t=KExkI599Yn8sALHbsfqCrQ

Today specifically is Come To Pass day!

eta:

filmcynic posted:

There is great wisdom in this thread. I was considering vaulting my Glaive until I read these comments and unlocked Impulse Amplifier as a perk (Level 6). Now I'm basing my entire drat build around the thing. (Good Lord, that shield...) Thanks!

I have indeed added IA to mine, and just now unlocked the T5 mod for void wells making your void weapons make everything Volatile :getin:

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 27, 2022

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

UNMARKED SPOILERS

Wtf man, spoiler tag that poo poo. The game hasn’t even been out a week yet. Some of us haven’t finished the campaign yet.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

BlindSite posted:

If you have the artifact mod for damage resist throw that on.

You can also just kill 2 of the wizards for thread cutter x2 an then clear the other ads (except the 3rd wizard) and no more enemies will spawn - you don't do as much damage as x3 but you can chip enough to kill her from there.

This was what did it for me. Took like 10 minutes to whittle her down but it was safe and effective.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't initially sold on the glaive at first at all but once I got a few upgrades on it, performed okay. You really want the upgrades that improve the projectile speed, handling & faster reload.

Then I picked up a red border trash rapid fire fusion and while I was unlocking it everything was easier. So while the glaive is a compromise between a shotgun, a fusion and a sword that sort of works it really replaces none of those.

Running around levelling the hakke aggressive shotgun was life even easier.

I don't know. It's okay. Doesn't rock my world but I'd use it for some bounties, I guess. Maybe the exotic one is better though I haven't unlocked that yet.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Parasite is not overall as useful as the Gjal but holy poo poo is it satisfying hitting a boss with a 20 stack. Also, most boss fights there are plenty of adds so it is pretty easy to build it back up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Are people not taking advantage of the glaive shield when they use it? It can block Hive Guardian supers, it’s kind of crazy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

Wtf man, spoiler tag that poo poo. The game hasn’t even been out a week yet. Some of us haven’t finished the campaign yet.

???

It has spoiler tags!

LawrenceFriday
Nov 2, 2009

I am an elemental spirit summoned up from the Land of the Dead itself and given one purpose, one skill, one desire: To DRIVE. Or, to change oil or adjust timing belts if no driving jobs are open.

Mesadoram posted:

Parasite is not overall as useful as the Gjal but holy poo poo is it satisfying hitting a boss with a 20 stack. Also, most boss fights there are plenty of adds so it is pretty easy to build it back up.

We ran a DSC earlier using all Parasite on Atraks. First phase we chunked off 2/3s of his health. It's delicious.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Parasite with the full buff will do twice the damage of a gjallahorn. It's not worth it for boss dps but it is worth it for poo poo like nightfall champions. Burn down the ads to get the charge and then smoke a champ with a single worm.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
With the artifact mod, the glaive also suppresses the wizards in the final boss fight from a mile away so you can just run up and hit them in the face until they die and never take damage.

The glaive is the strongest PvE non-exotic weapon in the game by a pretty absurd margin, and if you disagree you just aren't using it right.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Even before you get the Unstoppable and Suppressor mods for it, the glaive slaps hard. It's definitely more of a close-range weapon, the bolt is great for breaking shields, and Psychohack is pretty busted for reducing enemy damage. It also strikes through enemies so it works great on thrall charges. The Shield is super-useful as well for backing away from crowds and making space to breathe.

Once the mods are on, glaives become broken on a different level. Light Hive get shut down hard, and during PsiOps it fills the anti-Unstoppable role well.

I wonder if it works with One-Two Punch.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 27, 2022

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Darn double-post. Glaive still good.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

J.A.B.C. posted:

Even before you get the Unstoppable and Suppressor mods for it, the glaive slaps hard. It's definitely more of a close-range weapon, the bolt is great for breaking shields, and Psychohack is pretty busted for reducing enemy damage. It also strikes through enemies so it works great on thrall charges. The Shield is super-useful as well for backing away from crowds and making space to breathe.

Once the mods are on, glaives become broken on a different level. Light Hive get shut down hard, and during PsiOps it fills the anti-Unstoppable role well.

I wonder if it works with One-Two Punch.

Glaive melee currently does not count as a "melee" so it does not currently work with 1-2 Punch. This is probably a bug that will get fixed because you can put grave robber on it which does literally nothing.

I assume this is because they had to code it weird due to the unique animation and to let it stun champs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Glaive melee currently does not count as a "melee" so it does not currently work with 1-2 Punch. This is probably a bug that will get fixed because you can put grave robber on it which does literally nothing.

I assume this is because they had to code it weird due to the unique animation and to let it stun champs

It’s sort of a melee; it still triggers health regeneration for void classes running the “regen on melee kills” fragment

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

???

It has spoiler tags!
I think they're talking about this post, unless this happens in the lore and not the campaign (spoiler tags added by me just in case) :

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Say whaaaaat? Savathun's death and revival by Immaru was incredibly orchestrated. You know that wasn't the first time she and her ghost had met, right?
Or were you talking about the first time it happens in the intro mission? I think it came across as looking like a late campaign spoiler because you were replying to Bust Rodd's post about what Savathûn's master plan turned out to be.

Spoiler handling isn't that great in-game anyway, the vanguard playlist drops you into the two new strikes which open with dialog that spoils the ongoing storyline (particularly the one about reviving the worm familiar, so I knew before I even got to Sathona's temple that i'd find her worm, i'd be reviving it, and that Eris would be helping with it ). I had already done the Alak-Hul strike by the time it came up in the playlist, so I wasn't thinking about spoilers.

The wife is doing new light at the moment and the playlist is dropping her into glassway and scarlet keep, both of which spoil the campaigns, as well as the aforementioned witch queen strikes. It's better than it was though - it still tried to drop her into shadowkeep after logging in, but Dares is now a request that appears when you pull up the milestones list rather than an incredibly confusing thing that just happens after logging in one day.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just solo'd the instance to get the dead messenger. Made a lovely well build around it, can't wait to try it out.

But, I hated that mission. Being under a time limit is just so stressful and un-fun for me. Getting the catalyst might be a nightmare solo :smith:.

Edit: Is there a way to make wells spawn more frequently? Seems like I am getting 1 well every 10 or so kills.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 27, 2022

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I have indeed added IA to mine, and just now unlocked the T5 mod for void wells making your void weapons make everything Volatile :getin:

Say, that mod doesn't apply to kinetics with Osmosis, right? Because, I mean, that would just be ridiculously broken.

*stares at vaulted Subsistence Scathelocke*
*feels bead of sweat form at temple*

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I just finished "The Mirror" mission - Witch Queen's been an absolute joy so far. Playing on Casual, which has been plenty challenging for me so far. This is the first time I've gotten in on the ground floor of a Destiny expansion so I've been going through so many upgrade modules to keep my gear up to the curve. I also brought the new season, which I haven't started yet, but the Exotic is bonkers good. How's the season so far?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It’s hard to judge a season in its first weekly reset but the guns are pretty good and the activity is tolerable once you’re adequately leveled.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So far it feels Forsaken level quality. Beyond Light & Shadowkeep both felt pretty dead with beat activities, this feels like discovering Dreaming City again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

But, I hated that mission. Being under a time limit is just so stressful and un-fun for me. Getting the catalyst might be a nightmare solo :smith:.
I know I'm the least likely person to say this, but if you can't disco with goons, get on the fireteam finder. Although I haven't tried it since the group rebalancing, before WQ legendary with a group was not much more challenging than solo normal.

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: Is there a way to make wells spawn more frequently? Seems like I am getting 1 well every 10 or so kills.
The stag gives you well energy when your health is low, that might help. Void aligned armours can also slot a few extra well mods.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know I'm the least likely person to say this, but if you can't disco with goons, get on the fireteam finder. Although I haven't tried it since the group rebalancing, before WQ legendary with a group was not much more challenging than solo normal.

Yeah, I need to get into one of the Goon clans. There is a lot of stuff I can't solo due to time :smith:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The stag gives you well energy when your health is low, that might help. Void aligned armours can also slot a few extra well mods.

I am using a void titan with Inner Most Light (because of course I am), my struggle right now is just finding enough slots for all of the well mods. There seems to be so many :psyduck:.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Explosive Wellmaker//Elemental Ordnance//Bountiful Wells means you get 4 wells from every axion bolt on cooldown, with the volatile explosions also triggering and spawning additional wells

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finished the campaign on legrndary! Bungo made a mistake putting solar shields on the wizards. Heir Apparent made everything a cake walk.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

Just solo'd the instance to get the dead messenger. Made a lovely well build around it, can't wait to try it out.

The higher cost well mods are more reliable

I have Elemental Ordnance x3 plus Bountiful Wells so every (first) grenade hit spawns 4 wells. I use the last slot for Seeking Wells. With Grenade Kickstart x2 i can basically throw grenades nonstop. With Axion Bolt grenades they spawn seekers so I'm guaranteed a hit if I'm anywhere near. With Ashes to Assets my super recharges extra fast. With the Devour aspect every kill I get recharges my health, and another extends their duration so the seekers go further and spawn more of them

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
elemental ordnance/bountiful wells/explosive wellmaker would make the same or more wells per grenade while also enabling your explosive weapons and volatile explosions to spawn wells and free up a slot for a well of life/tenacity mod, you should mess around with that if you are enjoying stacking EleOrdx3. Are you using the “void makes u explode” fragment? Explosive Wellmaker is like the most powerful mod in my build, you should def consider testing with it.

Edit: how is your experience with Seeking Wells? I ditched it pretty much immediately from my stasis builds because I would see the wells get stuck on corners and geometry a lot.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 27, 2022

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

elemental ordnance/bountiful wells/explosive wellmaker would make the same or more wells per grenade while also enabling your explosive weapons and volatile explosions to spawn wells and free up a slot for a well of life/tenacity mod, you should mess around with that if you are enjoying stacking EleOrdx3. Are you using the “void makes u explode” fragment? Explosive Wellmaker is like the most powerful mod in my build, you should def consider testing with it.

Edit: how is your experience with Seeking Wells? I ditched it pretty much immediately from my stasis builds because I would see the wells get stuck on corners and geometry a lot.

I see it a lot but I'm basically spoiled for choice so I don't worry about the ones that get stuck. It's nice I can chuck a grenade, then use guns and know the wells are tracking to me

I guess you could argue that same logic says you don't need them to track at all and you can use the slot for something better. I may try that out

I'll definitely try explosive wellmaker

Edit: it's good for solar builds but mine is definitely void focused, and yeah that chained explosions but helps a ton

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

Rodd, if I am void spec though isn't explosive ordinance not the best as it makes solar wells?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

How long does it usually take for faction chests to refill once you've opened them? I was doing that one Fynch quest in the patrol zone and I'm up to the step where I need to open four faction chests but I jumped the gun and looted most of them earlier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My set up makes 2 solar wells and 2 void wells per overcharged Axion bolt, one enemy detonates into 2 solar wells, the other into 2 void wells. This way mods that only trigger off certain elements are both accessible so you can use whichever utility mods you prefer. I run Bomberx2 because tossing a grenade and dropping my well immediately gives me a fully charged grenade back if I get even one kill. I spam my melee and run over the 4-6 wells waiting for me and all of my abilities are refreshed (unless my Nezarec’s beats them to it).

I’m sure I could squeeze more optimization out of my setup with exclusively void weapons but tbh nothing in the game requires more than throwing infinite overcharged axion bolts. I run well of Tenacity for sub GM content, but with ETD it’s up pretty much all the time. I will probably swap to an Orb build for GM content, or stasis resist Mage Tank w/ Stag

Elemental Wells have an internal global cooldown that appears to be per element, otherwise one Axion bolt would make 10 void wells, but I haven’t seen it or done math about it.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 27, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grimthwacker posted:

How long does it usually take for faction chests to refill once you've opened them? I was doing that one Fynch quest in the patrol zone and I'm up to the step where I need to open four faction chests but I jumped the gun and looted most of them earlier.

Faction chests just means the rando ones not the region ones. Slot a chest tracker into your ghost and run around a bit; it won't take long at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah, I need to get into one of the Goon clans. There is a lot of stuff I can't solo due to time :smith:
You don't need to be in the clans to play with goons. Join Serious Overchill and poke people in the #d2-* channels.