Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hadn't heard drones mentioned much as part of ukraine's defense before. one wonders if the US may have supplied or be supplying some assistance in that regard. also if they have the same takeoff requirements as planes or if they could be more resilient against russia's air superiority efforts. seems possible the answers to these are all public information but i don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gently caress SNEEP posted:

limp bizkit took that one already

Gonna make putin eat a limp biscuit

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

tankies believe the Uyghur genocide is a Western Lie™ lol

edit: full disclosure I am a communist but don't consider myself a tankie. I'm sure someone else does tho.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

gently caress SNEEP posted:

limp bizkit took that one already

This might be my favorite post of the thread so far other than Zippy’s liveblogging of the resistance

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

i hadn't heard drones mentioned much as part of ukraine's defense before. one wonders if the US may have supplied or be supplying some assistance in that regard. also if they have the same takeoff requirements as planes or if they could be more resilient against russia's air superiority efforts. seems possible the answers to these are all public information but i don't know

They are Turkish drones, the same used in Azerbaijan.

E: Fixed typo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

tankies believe the Uyghur genocide is a Western Lie™ lol

edit: full disclosure I am a communist but don't consider myself a tankie.

but the US put japanese-americans in camps during WWII, therefore china is fully in their rights to erase the uighur people and their culture

it's frustrating for me because 'human rights are universal' is a pretty easy line to take

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pinche Rudo posted:

This might be my favorite post of the thread so far other than Zippy’s liveblogging of the resistance

I somehow missed it in the flurry of posting and am glad for having gone back. Bless you both.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

General Bullshit > World War Threead: I did it for the nukie

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

gently caress, that dot in the lower left didn't see it coming and probably didn't know where he was and probably didn't want to be there. War sucks.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i dare any of you disapraging the name of tankeis to explain to me why tanks are not cool just try you cannot do it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Knot My President! posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Knot My President! posted:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

An insane mind posted:

I know people are probably sick of reiterating points from days/weeks ago but my dumb brain can't process well. How exactly is NATO a danger to Russia? Is it all an explicit defense pact against Russia?

I mean, it basically was originally, but it was a defensive pact against the Soviet Union rather than modern Russia, where there were real discussions at the end of World War II as to whether just to keep the tanks rolling through Berlin and the line the two supposedly allied powers met being the line down the middle of Europe for five decades

as soon as the USSR fell, most of the countries in Europe that aren't the UK or France decided that they had better things to spend their money on and Trump was basically saying that the US would pull out of NATO unless everyone else stopped listening to europop and agreed to buy more tanks - it was largely a historical alliance that would only ever have come into play if Russia did something stupid like this

anyway, as of yesterday Germany trebled their military budget, so there's that now

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

i dare any of you disapraging the name of tankeis to explain to me why tanks are not cool just try you cannot do it

get in a tank, and let me throw molotovs at it and see how cool it is inside.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mozi posted:

i'd define a tankie as somebody who buys into propaganda from a traditional enemy of america because america is bad. this is used to excuse any wrongdoing because america did something bad first

not sure what the word is for people who think that the problem is more about people and how they handle power than about america specifically

This is how I define tankie

I don't think anyone who critiques the US is automatically a tankie. God knows there's a ridiculous amount we can criticize this country for. But just because America does bad doesn't mean that every other country is good by default for opposing us. Every country has a complex set of internal factors and that doesnt make them "good" because they don't agree with the US on something

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I did it all for the nukie
(Come on) the nukie
(Come on) so you can take that tankie
And stick it up your (yeah)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Dog people are insane and I truly hate that Twitter account.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Putin is re-forming USSR Voltron to return us to the days of NATO vs Warsaw Pact. NATO is responding in kind. I am posting this link for humor because this is impossibly sad to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EWqTym2cQU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sugar free jazz posted:

tanks are old and dumb and get stuck in the mud and run out of fuel

cool kids are all listening to big drone attack and asymmetrical cyberwarfare on their walkmans

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mozi posted:

Ukraine was/is a main manufacturer of several types of drone weapons. Mostly anti-vehicle. Every country has been supplying them with their own flavor of drones for years, as well.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

How the hell was there only 1 tank driving around by itself? Its like they are asking for antitank crew to give it a molotov to drink and Javelin to eat.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tanks run on treads and not wheels, they can drive over anything, that rules

they have big guns that go bang blam boom and blow up stuff that also rules

the guns spin around and the gunner says things like twenty seven degrees port side bow like it's a boat or something, probably, and that's also hella cool

tanks have camo, camo rules

tanks make cool sounds like brrrrrrr as they drive

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
it should probably be said that the minute NATO was announced the Soviets and all their buddies were calling it an offensive alliance with the aim of pulling a Barbarossa Mk II at some future point. The USSR blowing up got us maybe a few years' break from that particular line of propaganda.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3/status/1498003670918696960?t=kYM29oABw_VX2URGEknicA&s=19

:doit:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

sugar free jazz posted:

the guns spin around and the gunner says things like twenty seven degrees port side bow like it's a boat or something, probably, and that's also hella cool

And they crackle as they burn

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Military strategists the world over must be jerking themselves raw over this entire encounter. A kerjillion tanks rushing the Fulda Gap (and nuclear Armageddon) has been the quintessential fear of the West as long as anyone has been alive.

Seeing a buncha determined kids with man-portable AA/AT gently caress up the largest mechanized force in history is a sight to see. Who woulda figured that a kleptocratic despot's army wouldn't have the field logistics to go 40 miles into loving Kharkiv :thunk:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

is it a sign of anhedonia that I have lost my love for tanks and A-10s and Apaches and poo poo. All of those things are murder tools of oppressors and there's just no fun over there. :( god drat im a fuckin bummer today sorry guys.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

is it a sign of anhedonia that I have lost my love for tanks and A-10s and Apaches and poo poo. All of those things are murder tools of oppressors and there's just no fun over there. :( god drat im a fuckin bummer today sorry guys.

loading fun round into tank gun chamber thing ready to fire sir

firing two hundred degrees port side ten degrfees elevation directly at your tank fun zone dialed in through that sick periscope thing from the movies that tanks have pulling firing trigger now pwwoooowww

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

overall a great place to be on fire with your bros

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yeah, weapons and war machine poo poo is great until they actually use it for war stuff. War ruins everything.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1498007235649318914?t=ZCm6EMsxYPHXHlZi8LZBjA&s=19

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Before we all die in nuclear inferno. I just wanted to say this...

Vladimir Putin my nuts on your face.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

When the oil companies think you're too overtly evil to do business with...
:aaa:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Instead of CNN's end of the world video they should just play this as humanity extincts itself

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

you can even gently caress the tanks, for example, the gun, the exhaust ports (like the Death Star), the crew hatch, tanks rule

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

:same:

I grew up in a military family in the 70s and 80s (born on an Army base, I used to have a chunk of the Berlin Wall that my Uncle grabbed for me when he was stationed at Checkpoint Charlie) so like, this is THE poo poo to me, but this entire thing is just... sad. The US created these fantastic works of engineering to murder the everloving poo poo out of an imagined all-powerfull boogeymen, and it turns out the big boogeymen are a bunch of starving conscripted kids riding around in trash tier equipment that their officers have looted for cigs and booze money. The russian kids are just as lost and misled as anyone else. There's an actual madman at the helm of the nuclear weapons now, and all of the state apparatus that could stop him has been destroyed or demoted, so there's really no brinksmanship or march to Moscow. Maaaaaaaybe there's a decapitation strike if it seems like Pisstin really is going to go live with nukes, but IMO the only way this ends is an oligarch decides they've lost enough money and someone does the needful and puts a bullet in Pisstin's syphilitic rear end. I'm certain that Pisstin's personal defenses are almost impregnable, but I'm also certain that oligarchs could put enough money on his head where someone will pull it off. The Evil Empire ends toppled from the inside because of money, but until then untold people on both sides have to suffer greatly. :smith:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Cancel culture rules when we can weaponize it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Not even looking for it but Youtube is showing me maga men in their 40's saying zelensky is evil and Russia is only doing the right thing

gently caress you youtube, get a handle on things

edit> Also how the gently caress are red pill maga dudes pro putin sheesh what kind of mental gymnastics, what in the sam hill

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lol putin rocked the boat and now all the corpos are cutting their losses in Russia. What’s funny is if had kept playing the long peaceful infiltration game, poo poo would be fine.