Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Pokemon people I am vaguely aware of seem to like it, but I am not a pokemon guy so I have no opinion.

It's not my scene. I'm a little too old to have grown up with it, and I just never was able to get into things even though I'm very willing to get into geeky stuff.

Adults being into Pokemon is an incredibly wild thing for someone of my age. I still am so confused by it. In my Gen X mind it's like an adult still watching tele tubbies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/rwapodcast/status/1497992271354109955?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
To be fair, if falling from the sky and lodging halfway in the ground didn’t set it off, they’re probably unlikely to do much by kicking it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

чуваки рок

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Adults being into Pokemon is an incredibly wild thing for someone of my age. I still am so confused by it. In my Gen X mind it's like an adult still watching tele tubbies or something.

If someone was between 6 and 10 when the first game came out, they're in their early to mid 30s now. I still get excited when a new Zelda game comes out, and even if Braksgirl didn't post here we'd still be aware there's a poo poo ton of adult Disney fans. Same sorta thing.

Also, when it was on I knew a bunch of (technically) adults who would get super high and watch teletubbies. This was in a college dorm, hence the (technically) qualification.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

It’s all relative. Mario/Zelda/Marvel/DC, tons of people just like what they grew up with.

But everyone’s music sucks except mine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I don't flip a poo poo for Pokemon but I'll buy one every few years or so to tap the nostalgia button. Ill probably get scarlet or velvet because Arceus didn't snag me but those little dudes do

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Also, when it was on I knew a bunch of (technically) adults who would get super high and watch teletubbies. This was in a college dorm, hence the (technically) qualification.

That was also weird when it was happening lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kiimo posted:

That was also weird when it was happening lol

Also weirdly, there was an Arthur episode about this phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAkmlGWaA4

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Also, when it was on I knew a bunch of (technically) adults who would get super high and watch teletubbies Spongebob Squarepants. This was in a college dorm, hence the (technically) qualification.
Then we'd go play Counterstrike back when it was in beta and totally cheat by calling out the enemy's position while ghosting around the map after we died.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CannonFodder posted:

Then we'd go play Counterstrike back when it was in beta and totally cheat by calling out the enemy's position while ghosting around the map after we died.

Living that 0.6 LPB life

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Guys I just found out Gran Turismo 7 is coming out and is more like the classic games and I am erect.

I hope it’s worth a poo poo on PS4.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That’s gonna be a lol from me:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

That’s gonna be a lol from me:

The video got posted in another thread:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Guys I just found out Gran Turismo 7 is coming out and is more like the classic games and I am erect.

Yeah I think I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but it’s really tempting me to hunt down a PS5 and get a new wheel set up (or wait until FM7/XBox Series X) I used to have so much fun with Goon racing in Forza Motorsport 4

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

There's a chance I'd still be at the company I worked for the longest (6 years) if we hadn't been acquired by a big, dumb global corporation. One of the plants from a different division than what I worked in was sold by the big, dumb global corporation recently. They posted an opening for a development engineer role, which is what I was doing when I enjoyed being at the pre-acquisition company. Some of the people I worked with migrated to that division before it was sold, and I talked to one of them for about a half hour the other night to see if it was worth applying for. She gave me a very realistic background, and it sounds pretty great.

Spent a chunk of the weekend resume polishing, and finally submitted it this afternoon. Got a text from their HR system 8 minutes later that was signed by the HR person who was at my plant when I left saying it was great to hear from me, and asking to schedule a call with the hiring manager for some time this week.

:feelsgood:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

fartknocker posted:

The video got posted in another thread:

Incredible :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Love that libs are going to do Palmer Raid poo poo against the DSA at this point with how unhinged they've gotten by our stance on Ukraine and Russia being "Putin invasion bad, NATO bad, all of this is bad, solidarity with the Ukrainians in the middle of this shitstorm"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Do you have a ps4 pro? It's supposed to run in UHD on that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Do you have a ps4 pro? It's supposed to run in UHD on that.

I don’t. Will it not run on a regular ps4? :ohdear:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Nightmare Alley on Hulu is real good

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Not the best start to my new job, was supposed to begin work an hour from now but with the whole city being flooded 4 of the major arterial roads I'd need to get to the office are closed / flooded. At least my new boss is reasonable about it all and said to stay home and safe and wait and see what happens tonight with the flood waters.

Bit of a load off. Want to just get to work and get into a routine and start learning the new gig but I think it's a good sign they didn't just tell me to find an alternate route or to make an effort or something.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Bit of a load off. Want to just get to work and get into a routine and start learning the new gig but I think it's a good sign they didn't just tell me to find an alternate route or to make an effort or something.

Yeah man, that’s a great omen. If they told me to come in during a once-a-century flood or something I would probably go ahead and start looking for a new job again.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
There's a saying called "Turn around, don't drown" because people see running water going over a road and think "I can get through that."

Announcer's voice "They did not get through that."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Here they say "if its flooded forget it". It's pretty smart advice. I'd never take a risk anyway because I'm i drive a corolla hatch back but I'm amazed at the risks some people take.

Guess I'll put my feet up for the day and relax.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

A few years back, my wife’s company held a chili cook off and one of their C-suite guys won, admitted he just brought Wendy’s chili, and kept the 200$ cash prize.

Like maybe it’d be funny if he admitted it, laughed and gave the money to 2nd place, but come the gently caress on.

My wife hates that guy to this day.

In my suburban minneapolis job the chili cookoff was was won by an old lady who made a cream-based ham soup.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

In my suburban minneapolis job the chili cookoff was was won by an old lady who made a cream-based ham soup.

No judge, no jury. Straight to executioner.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

CannonFodder posted:

There's a saying called "Turn around, don't drown" because people see running water going over a road and think "I can get through that."

Announcer's voice "They did not get through that."

Basically any water above ankle deep is enough to knock you off your feet. If its below your ankle, you should be able to get across carefully, but not always.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It might be the 3 bottles of wine talking it O Brother Where Art Thou is such a great movie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We've done pot lucks before with our group, but with mostly young dude programmers it was like at least half store bought stuff.

Man, that must've been at least 7 years ago at this point. I am getting so loving old.

Anyway, this will help keep me young, yes that's who you think it is

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1498068501772357637

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

God drat, their marketing for GT7 has been the shits. Go track down the State of Play video from a couple weeks back and enjoy.

And yeah, it should run well - it’s basically GT Sport, and that still runs and looks well enough to me on a base PS4. I’m picking it up at launch so if you need a guinea pig I can report back.

Everybody’s out here talking about Elden Ring, and I just want to soak in the warm waters of my J-jazz racing game.

https://youtu.be/JinuPZ7FG8Y

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

No judge, no jury. Straight to executioner.

I didn't expect to win because I made a lentil chili as a show of solidarity with the one vegan in the office but that still rankled me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’ve only bought RDR2 at release and generally won’t otherwise but I may just pull the trigger on this one.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I didn't expect to win because I made a lentil chili as a show of solidarity with the one vegan in the office but that still rankled me.

At least it’s a chili. And vegan recipes own.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

It might be the 3 bottles of wine talking it O Brother Where Art Thou is such a great movie
It's a great movie when sober.
"I don't want Fop goddammit! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

It's a great movie when sober.
"I don't want Fop goddammit! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

Well this place is a geographical oddity!! 2 weeks from everywhere!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

kiimo posted:

Let people like what they want. I got into Pokemon (games mostly, but I did watch the show) when I was 20 and I really don't give a poo poo what anyone thinks about it. I am 43 years old and I still like Pokemon and it's something I can talk about and play with my kids. My 10 year old and I played Pokemon Go while waiting for a Mardi Gras parade today. Yeah, I'm a weird rear end Disney adult too. I am a middle aged mother of three and there's a fuckton of poo poo I have to be an adult about in life, but goddamn it, I like a cute cartoon animal. Let me have that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well this place is a geographical oddity!! 2 weeks from everywhere!

This chat convinced me to watch this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDEqgmGIVg

So loving good.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

swickles posted:

Basically any water above ankle deep is enough to knock you off your feet. If its below your ankle, you should be able to get across carefully, but not always.

The thing is, you don't know where the roadbed actually is. It might be shallow water, or the road may be washed out and suddenly it's several feet deeper than you thought. Never ever cross a flooded roadway where you can't see the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

This chat convinced me to watch this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDEqgmGIVg

So loving good.

Is you is, or is you ain’t one of my constituents????