Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

That's definitely not true, he'll get the Kimi/Hulk treatment

Retirement from the sport?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

boop the snoot posted:

Retirement from the sport?

Inshallah

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Theophany posted:

Gonzo is my bud. Years of supporting Ferrari hardens the soul.

e: the signs of a broken man are a). earnestly believing in Ferrari and b). listening to Phil Collins

This makes me feel really sad and wish for a Charles WDC this season

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

italian quid posted:

I've been watching a lot of Miami vice and my assessment is that Florida owns and I may perhaps become a Florida man.

This is the worst take

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CancerCakes posted:

Hey, we don't even know if he has a sister

I don't but if I did, I'd probably gently caress her. Y'know, just to keep any of you degenerates away from her.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
1st Indycar race of the season is starting if anyone is desperate and want to see Gorssjeans get in there.

But holy gently caress do they need to get rid of this opening prayer poo poo

weird seeing the new mclaren livery in the field lol

Immolat1on fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 27, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Immolat1on posted:

But holy gently caress do they need to get rid of this opening prayer poo poo

I was thinking about picking up IndyCar but not anymore

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Will there be another fantasy league this year? I want to improve on my midfield finish.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

From several pages back, but whatever.

(fair warning, NSFW language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLqCqFeB6Jc

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

net work error posted:

Will there be another fantasy league this year? I want to improve on my midfield finish.

I want to care about it for exactly a week and then forget about it for ever like all fantasy comps

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fill your team with as many McLaren and Ferrari drivers as you can and enjoy your win

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

CancerCakes posted:

I want to care about it for exactly a week and then forget about it for ever like all fantasy comps
I checked it after every race but never changed my lineup or used a turbo driver or whatever because I couldn't be bothered, and still finished midfield. Maybe I should take over from Guenther.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Fill your team with as many McLaren and Ferrari drivers as you can and enjoy your win

My guy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ferrari vs McLaren is Steve Largent vs Mike Harden and if you're not a Seahawks fan then gently caress you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Ferrari vs McLaren is Steve Largent vs Mike Harden and if you're not a Seahawks fan then gently caress you

Super Bowl XL lol

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is Mazepin out yet?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Officially not yet but there's no way he'll be in that car going forward.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Mokotow posted:

Is Mazepin out yet?
Mostly but not officially, it seems. Haas said if he's out they're going to put reserve driver Pietro Fittipaldi in but I suppose if a sponsor appears suddenly with a driver that may put him back in reserve.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1 couldn't even bring themselves to putting out a statement condemning Russia, lmao if you think for the second that dude is gone.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

italian quid posted:

F1 couldn't even bring themselves to putting out a statement condemning Russia, lmao if you think for the second that dude is gone.

He’s gone

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

He’s gone

this sure sounds like the language of a sport ready to take a moral stand on this sort of thing and not just take the cash.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

this sure sounds like the language of a sport ready to take a moral stand on this sort of thing and not just take the cash.
No doubt F1/FIA/Haas don't give a drat about war crimes. But also there are international sanctions going up against the Russian economy and this may affect Uralkali's ability to pay Haas. Here's hoping the great Rich Energy swoops in to save the team and the sport from itself #forzarich

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

italian quid posted:

well the problem is VTB is sanctioned and Russia has their custodial banks cut off from SWIFT so even if VTB wasn't directly sanctioned, they couldn't take the money because they can't wire it lol

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Michael Andretti is going to buy Haas and put Grosjean in Mazepin's seat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

well the problem is VTB is sanctioned and Russia has their custodial banks cut off from SWIFT so even if VTB wasn't directly sanctioned, they couldn't take the money because they can't wire it lol

I've literally spent the past month getting around sending money to a blacklisted country for my job lol if you think that's going to be a real obstacle

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Between Theo’s Cayman Islands escapades and quid’s violation of international sanctions, this thread is very on topic for Formula One

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

italian quid posted:

I've literally spent the past month getting around sending money to a blacklisted country for my job lol if you think that's going to be a real obstacle

uh pretty sure they simply don't give a gently caress because you're not broadcasting your crime on sky TV with commentary by David Croft

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

italian quid posted:

Bro if it were up to me he’d be in the gallows with rotten fruit being tossed at him

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

marshalljim posted:

apparently andretti has already tried to buy haas

https://f1i.com/news/433304-andretti-admits-to-trying-to-buy-haas-millions-of-times.html

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

marshalljim posted:

From your lips to god's ears

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Nick Soapdish posted:

From your lips to god's ears

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I should become a Ferrari fan this year

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If Nikita Mazepin starts the season I will write two hopeful, positive paragraphs about his performance at every GP. :toxx:

Anime Store Adventure fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 28, 2022

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Sure sign this will be McLaren's year: Marko shittalking them

https://twitter.com/Formula24hrs/status/1498036588349112332?s=20&t=2dEWuMiuPCbAVwsYTKLefg

Remember Lego releases the McLaren F1 car tomorrow...

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's pretty funny considering McLaren are pretty good for sponsors and Red Bull were the ones who had a farcical 'launch' just to show off their title sponsorship

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

refleks posted:

Sure sign this will be McLaren's year: Marko shittalking them

https://twitter.com/Formula24hrs/status/1498036588349112332?s=20&t=2dEWuMiuPCbAVwsYTKLefg

Remember Lego releases the McLaren F1 car tomorrow...

he also said something re: the Ferrari engine like "we don't know how much fuel they're actually carrying" :xd:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If Nikita Mazepin starts the season I will write two hopeful, positive paragraphs about his performance at every GP. :toxx:

So Mazepin driving in the Bahrain GP race weekend (FP1 forward), with Mazepin losing the seat due to war/sanctions the condition for you “winning” the toxx?

Clarifying in case of injury, COVID, etc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

One thing you can't level at McLaren in the Zak Brown era is that they are struggling for sponsorship

Red Bull always manage to be such an unlikeable team, you'd never have imagined Seb being the good lad he is now back when he was in the RBR camp

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Anime Store Adventure posted:

One of the boldest — although morally catastrophic — posts in recent thread history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Drive to survive trailer dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsgPb-a8x4c