Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TheSwizzler posted:

I think a more apt comparison would be if taco bell just suddenly decided "we make baby food now, eat another taco if you don't like it" (there are no other tacos).

This is pretty much dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Trollologist posted:

This is pretty much dead on.

Its more like getting upset because the most popular taco lunch combo always had one Cenawrap in it. Because there were always plenty of other tacos and combos on the menu. Just one taco was always saved for last because it was the most popular unless you were a resentful 40 yearold tacoblogger.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
jesus christ who gives a poo poo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
more effortposts, less slapfighting about whose wrestling opinions are the most like lame tacos

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince is only capable of creating one type of wrestling character and thats the over the top wrestling superhero like Hogan, Warrior, or Cena. Wrestlers like the Rock and Steve Austin were allowed to craft their own characters and personas with little Vince influence because of the unique situation at the time because WCW was beating the poo poo out of the WWF in ratings. But if Vince had had his way then Dwayne Johnson would still be be Rocky Maivia and Steve Austin would be the Ringmaster

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 28, 2022

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its more like getting upset because the most popular taco lunch combo always had one Cenawrap in it. Because there were always plenty of other tacos and combos on the menu. Just one taco was always saved for last because it was the most popular unless you were a resentful 40 yearold tacoblogger.

I can picture with clarity the YouTube fast food reviewer going on and ON about how the Cenawrap is disrespectful to Taco Bell's proud tradition of spicy mexican food. Then the follow up video about how Taco bell is betraying its legacy and leaving the REAL Taco Enjoyers with nothing while this gross Cenawrap is in EVERY LUNCH (even though you can just, not eat it, and there's a ton on the menu to like). All the while not quite getting that the Cenawrap outsells the Spicy "traditional" options 10-1 and that Taco Bell is a business that needs to make money.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

jesus christ who gives a poo poo

Dave Bautista, maybe?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince is only capable of creating one type of wrestling character and thats the over the top wrestling superhero like Hogan, Warrior, or Cena.

Let's see:

Hogan, Warrior, Lex Luger, Diesel, Brett Hart, Cena, Roman Reigns....Yeah, I'm sensing a pattern.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cubone posted:

more effortposts, less slapfighting about whose wrestling opinions are the most like lame tacos

Yeah we need to knuckle down and treat pro wrestling with the seriousness that it deserves.

Everyone quit being stupid, ridiculous and acting silly in the god damned wrestling thread.

Show some loving respect.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah we need to knuckle down and treat pro wrestling with the seriousness that it deserves.

Everyone quit being stupid, ridiculous and acting silly in the god damned wrestling thread.

Show some loving respect.

I'm just watchin this poo poo unfold. It's like a soap opera

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Trollologist posted:

Let's see:

Hogan, Warrior, Lex Luger, Diesel, Brett Hart, Cena, Roman Reigns....Yeah, I'm sensing a pattern.

the Hogan Supreme is loaded with cheese but the shell is leathery from being left under a heating lamp too long

Warrior Crunch is annoying because its tied off twice in the middle with butchers string and it makes you run for the bathroom

A soft shell Lex Express is just a re-heated Hogan Supreme with more beef paste injected into the middle.

Diesel Burrito is double long but its perennially souled out despite selling terribly

Brettwrap comes in highly reflective foil but will always cause your order to get screwed up

Hard Shell Roman Reigns is drenched in clolying sweet sauce. If you can convince the boss hold the sauce it becomes palatable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

the Hogan Supreme is loaded with cheese but the shell is leathery from being left under a heating lamp too long

Warrior Crunch is annoying because its tied off twice in the middle with butchers string and it makes you run for the bathroom

A soft shell Lex Express is just a re-heated Hogan Supreme with more beef paste injected into the middle.

Diesel Burrito is double long but its perennially souled out despite selling terribly

Brettwrap comes in highly reflective foil but will always cause your order to get screwed up

Hard Shell Roman Reigns is drenched in clolying sweet sauce. If you can convince the boss hold the sauce it becomes palatable.

I don't understand a god damned word you wrote here.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't understand a god damned word you wrote here.

Then shut up and name some other wrestlers so I can tacoize them.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what was the name of the guy who spit apples at people. He was fun

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what was the name of the guy who spit apples at people. He was fun

carlito caribbean cool

carlito caribbean cool

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
oh yeah. Carlito. He was fun. I liked him

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ric Flair.

But also: Triple H

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Mabel

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

King Mabel.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well shiy, thanks for the history on the two wrestlers I asked about. That was enlightening!

Trollologist posted:

Ric Flair.

But also: Triple H
Triple H is the Fish Filet of wrestling.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have no idea how Cena made it

He was baptized into the main event. :nws: :nms:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Doink

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm dumb. Are y'all motherfucks badmouthing taco Bell?

Like the know is the absolute lowest tier garbage bullshit but I fuckin accept it for what it is and love that poo poo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

blood of the martyr.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Well it was a great run of insightful effortposts, but this thread has devolved into arguments about fast food, like all GBS threads eventually do.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Well it was a great run of insightful effortposts, but this thread has devolved into arguments about fast food, like all GBS threads eventually do.

look at this guy who has been around for a whole year. close to two

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Prof. Crocodile posted:

We should merge the conversations and post food commercials that wrestlers have been in

Here's Sting beating the poo poo out of a small child because Sprite I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efINmPVZuac

Andre loving loves Honey Comb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9RTVDA9Cr0

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 28, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Animal-Mother posted:

What the gently caress, can we get some back ground on what the gently caress happened here? Like why is he just covered in blood? Is that all his blood? How is he still conscious. I have so many questions.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wrestlers will sneak razors into the ring to safely cut their forehead and the sweat from the forehead mixes with the blood and makes it look worse than it really is. usually lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 28, 2022

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Never Give Up means just that

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress, can we get some back ground on what the gently caress happened here? Like why is he just covered in blood? Is that all his blood? How is he still conscious. I have so many questions.

Okay there are some answers here. Choose:

1) If you want a effort post about these matches and everyone involved.

2) If you want the inside baseball on why he's soaking in blood as a wrestling gimmick (and thing that generally happens in wrestling)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
johna cena ftw

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

johna cena ftw

but I can't see him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
New Jack stabbed another wrestler 14 times in the ring and got away with it because he convinced the other wrestler to drop the charges and use the stabbing to get heat and boost his career. the moment the charges were dropped New Jack packed his bags and left Florida and never returned

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Trollologist posted:

Okay there are some answers here. Choose:

1) If you want a effort post about these matches and everyone involved.

2) If you want the inside baseball on why he's soaking in blood as a wrestling gimmick (and thing that generally happens in wrestling)

I was just wondering why he looks so bloody , sure that cannot all be from blading and some of it is fake blood.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its ketchup actually... john cena was wrestling the hamburgler and won

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Hollismason posted:

I was just wondering why he looks so bloody , sure that cannot all be from blading and some of it is fake blood.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

New Jack stabbed another wrestler 14 times in the ring and got away with it because he convinced the other wrestler to drop the charges and use the stabbing to get heat and boost his career. the moment the charges were dropped New Jack packed his bags and left Florida and never returned

I'm sorry he did what now , he legit stabbed a guy and got away with it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he might be a psycopath, but leaving Florida and never returning was a good choice

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestlers will sneak razors into the ring to safely cut their forehead and the sweat from the forehead mixes with the blood and makes it look worse than it really is. usually lol

Not always:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBz5UBktW5c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
david arquette was warned by nick gage what would happen so thats all david arquette's fault for deciding to participate in a hardcore deathmatch with nick gage imo

Hollismason posted:

I'm sorry he did what now , he legit stabbed a guy and got away with it.

new jack got away with trying to legitimately murder someone in the ring three times