Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

deep dish peat moss posted:

I summoned an int guy who had a glowing purple shortsword/dagger and he absolutely wrecked with it

Does anyone know what gesture I'm supposed to use in the lake around the center of Weeping Peninsula?

Attack the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm tired of these monkey-fighting hands in this monday to friday manor.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harrow posted:

A bit of advice for people still early in the game. I'll put it under spoilers but this is some just-after-Margit stuff.

Please, please, please find Nepheli near the Stormveil Castle courtyard before you kill Godrick. Exhaust her dialogue, and then summon her for the fight. Then immediately go to Roundtable Hold and find her there.

If you don't do this, you will be permanently locked out of this game's version of Havel's Ring.

I found this out the hard way and I would like to spare others the sadness.

I’m literally right at godric but didn’t defeat is it too late? Did not find her at all. Also didn’t find the odd basement stuff I saw online

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Orv posted:

I'm tired of these monkey-fighting hands in this monday to friday manor.

i wonder how arachnophobes will react to that place

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Eagerly anticipating running with medium armor and fast rolling everywhere.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gyoru posted:

i wonder how arachnophobes will react to that place

Not triggering me at all oddly enough. Like they're creepy and awful but not triggering those primal brain screams.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

PageMaster posted:

Can you enable online but disable invasions? I like the messaging and shadows of other players but don't feel like dealing with other players.

Good news, that's literally the default.

If you ever do see a message that you're being invaded those are all NPC invasions

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m literally right at godric but didn’t defeat is it too late? Did not find her at all. Also didn’t find the odd basement stuff I saw online

Nope, you're still good. To find her, go away from Godrick, past that one giant and his boys, and you'll find a little doorway on the left.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

A bit of advice for people still early in the game. I'll put it under spoilers but this is some just-after-Margit stuff.

Please, please, please find Nepheli near the Stormveil Castle courtyard before you kill Godrick. Exhaust her dialogue, and then summon her for the fight. Then immediately go to Roundtable Hold and find her there.

If you don't do this, you will be permanently locked out of this game's version of Havel's Ring.

Don't be sad There's a +1 version I found in a dungeon I don't remember

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Honestly I have no idea. Apparently even if you do everything right sometimes she doesn't give it to you.

You can find her fairly easily if you go out of the door in front of Godrick's boss door, past the troll, and down into the courtyard. She's in a side room that will be on your left near the golden seed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I only found them after first attempting Godrick, but before defeating him, and was able to run through the stuff in Harrow's post.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thanks !!

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Harrow posted:

For what it's worth there's an even better one, though it's hard to get.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Don't be sad There's a +1 version I found in a dungeon I don't remember

That's good at least. I know there's also a super version but it's a much later-game thing. But right now I am dying for more equip load and it really sucks knowing I could have had it if I'd found an NPC sooner :negative:

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Good news, that's literally the default.

If you ever do see a message that you're being invaded those are all NPC invasions

You're right, looked up the exact name and it's an NPC; i thought it was some other player. Thanks!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

sigher posted:

I just ran into Dog T-Rexes... what the gently caress. lmao, these enemy design is the absolute best.

These things and the crows nearby them are legitimately awful, I hate them a lot

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Update: I am now 90% sure that all of my early game difficulties came from the fact that I was using a trash weapon for idiots. Estoc sucks:gamefreak:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

anyone know what you do with the painting from the shaded castle?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Wow, 24h in and I'm in absolute awe at the sheer size of it all. Though to be fair, there's a serious degree of copy paste in dungeons such as mines for example. But it's pretty, it's varied, there's a ton of mobs making things funny at all times... I'm in love, this is the giant oversized DS2 I always wanted. Complete with the nonsense elevators that should have the community scream in rage (the Siofra river elevator going down down down to a starry night sky, an Amana reminiscent wet area full of homing snipers, lol). I got my hands on the Minotaur sniper ashes too, and pumped it to +2 which is as far as I could go. It's right on the limit of my dumb STR build, at 63FP out of my 65 grand total.

Am shtuck in the Academy though, if anyone can give me a hint: I have gone through plenty of stuff including the secret path, killed the discount Sif, went all around the rooftops, but it only took me back to the earlier cuckoo church bonfire. I have the ladder kicked down so can climb back up, but I can't seem to find another path from there. I also mopped the courtyard outside the wolf room, with the bladed rolling iron maiden (!), but there's nothing there either. Oh and I found a second academy key, which I presume is there so I can give it to the NPC who wants one if I can remember who/where they are.

Zore posted:

I really like the rusty anchor. It rules and only takes 26 str.

It looks awesome, I'm pumping it full of smithing stones. But the giant sword of swords is my current baby, it hits like an absolute truck and was easier to upgrade since it's a single somber stone per tier. I'm "forced" to two-hand it at the moment (34/40) but it's not like I wouldn't anyhow, haha.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
gently caress precepter miriam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Honestly I have no idea. Apparently even if you do everything right sometimes she doesn't give it to you.

You can find her fairly easily if you go out of the door in front of Godrick's boss door, past the troll, and down into the courtyard. She's in a side room that will be on your left near the golden seed.

Yeah, she never gave me the talisman, then I found her again in a place I'd already beaten the boss so I dunno if I've hosed that up now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Deviant posted:

This marks the exact point where the castle started giving me grief.

that's literally there to teach you not to fight those guys yet :psyduck:
The castle starts with an NPC that says "yo, things are too tough here for you to fight. Try sneaking around."
You then get locked in a room and murdered by a scary knight. Then you're set loose in a castle patrolled by those scary knights, and both of the big scary tutorial boss and the other monster that had a setpiece you were supposed to run from when you encountered it.
Short of hardcoding the enemies to 1 shot you and take 0 damage from your hits or a tutorial pop up explaining stealth, I don't l know what Fromsoft could have done to encourage people to stop trying to fight their way through that castle.
A friend linked me to an article where someone lamented having to basically cheese/exploit in the area just to get through it -because they assumed they were supposed to clear every room before advancing.
Someone else mentioned the reputation for 'dark souls hard' really has done a disservice to FromSoft's games, because so many people think the crazy stuff really good players can pull of is the baseline.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I got to a loft at the end of Siofra River with a twin gargoyles statue. It asks me if i want to use a stonesword key, then if i clicl ues it says no key on inventory. I do have a stonesword key though. Anyome else experienced this ?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What were you supposed to run from?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Ulcerated tree spirit is just stupid. It feels like it belongs in parody of a From game, not game where actual thought was put into it.

That thing really sucked to fight. Probably the boss I had the most trouble on so far. Super bad camera angles, aggressive right out of the game, hard to track attacks. Very bad boss design. Hopefully there aren’t several wonky bosses like that one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So I got to a loft at the end of Siofra River with a twin gargoyles statue. It asks me if i want to use a stonesword key, then if i clicl ues it says no key on inventory. I do have a stonesword key though. Anyome else experienced this ?

They need two if they have two heads. Or faces or whatever.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

How the heck do I get down to this part of Stormveil Castle? It's obviously connected to the one-way door in the room with the nearby grace, but I can't see any other way in.

I'm pretty sure this is from the path in the area with the little pot dudes and the broken floor that leads further down the main path of the dungeon. On the left side of the broken floor theres a dead body - run past that and hop from the wooden platform to a stone lip. You'll go along a path that eventually brings you above the pots and around the outside of the castle. The area in the picture was fine but below that theres another area where I got smoked. Might be for later since that area has the door that opens right to the Liftside Chamber.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

How do you summon using the summoning pool? So far I'm using ground signs, but I assume those are put down manually for a few reasons.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

gently caress precepter miriam

Orv posted:

I'm perceiving that Miriam can eat my entire rear end.

Seriously.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Raygereio posted:

Ulcerated tree spirit is just stupid. It feels like it belongs in parody of a From game, not game where actual thought was put into it.

Someone doesn't remember Watchdog from chalice dungeons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dont remember the camera being so bad in Watchdog that it literally spent 90% of the fight clipped into its body.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah I'm at like 23 hours and I haven't gone outside the first area/weeping peninsula. If the rest of the game is this dense I'm in for like 100+hours lol. Insane.

I'm still using the greatsword you get right at the start of the game. Have it at +8 and it's still kicking rear end. Might swap to a str/fai thing later but so far im just greatswording everything in the face and it's great

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I dont remember the camera being so bad in Watchdog that it literally spent 90% of the fight clipped into its body.

Granted but Watchdog gave me the same vibes of "Oh somebody just slapped this in here and tested it like once and nobody called them on it."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

Someone else mentioned the reputation for 'dark souls hard' really has done a disservice to FromSoft's games, because so many people think the crazy stuff really good players can pull of is the baseline.

The other part of it is I see a lot of people thinking it "doesn't count" unless they do it the "hard way". No. Goddamn no. Look at all the poo poo you can craft. Bleed and poison your enemies. Shove them off cliffs. Backstab them. Coat your weapon with lightning fuckyou and cackle as your enemies convulse with painful electricity.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah I really can't play this game until this is fixed on PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEwmoe2kfo

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Zore posted:

I really like the rusty anchor. It rules and only takes 26 str.

I want to beat poo poo to death with an anchor. Where did you find it?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Need a mod to change the horse summon noise to “Agro!”

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I beat Margit on my first try because my skeletons just tanked him the whole time. Is there a way to fight bosses again? I feel like I missed out on the experience everyone's been talking about!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
bruh gently caress these spirit minotaurs and their absurd bows, just goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I beat Margit on my first try because my skeletons just tanked him the whole time. Is there a way to fight bosses again? I feel like I missed out on the experience everyone's been talking about!

Start a new run. :yayclod: